Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Great 4.5/5
Royal Resort(Las Vegas)
W Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
2,277 results
All reviewstower roomoyster bargrand cafeoff the stripluxury towerfeast buffetfree shuttleplayers cardshuttle servicefashion show mallrental cartable gamesslot machinesbingostarbucksgamblingcomps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2005

I stayed here May 26 and 27 2005. The room in the courtyard area was very small, had no refrigerator, no tub, limited TV channels, no coffee maker and seemed old and not keep up to date. However the casino and food were good. The buffet was great for the money and the Irish pub was very comfortable. Be prepared for a $4.95 extra charge per night.

8  Thank willylang
Reviewed April 25, 2005

If you have even the slightest issue with cigar and cigarette smoke, don't stay here. I was given a courtyard room with a lovely view of the dumpsters and the freeway. My room smelled so badly of smoke I felt I was sleeping in an ashtray. The rooms are very tiny and hardly can fit the bed and television. The bathrooms were clean but then I discovered several hairs in the towels and called and asked for my room to be cleaned again. I had requested a refridgerator for my room for medical reasons, I was hoping it was in the room when I checked in, but discovered it was not. After 4 calls to the front desk, it was finally brought in. Thankfully I wasn't charged for it because it was really not worth the hassel. By the end of my 3 day stay, I was so sick with congestion and hayfever from the smoke in the room, restuarants and casino that I couldn't wait to get home. Once home I opened my suitcase and the smell had permeated everything in the case. I had to laundry everything and set the suitcase outside to air out the smell. On the upside, the restaurants had very good selection and were adequately priced. It would be beneficial for the hotel to have a sundries shop for things such as asprin, claritin, etc. as I searched all over for something for my congestion and ended up borrowing something from another guest. For $30.00 a night in the courtyard, you get what you pay for. I have learned my lesson and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank LauLeePop3545
Reviewed April 18, 2005

My problem with the Palace station was not about the appearance or upkeep but the service we received.
I stayed at Palace Station from 4/14-4/17/05. As far as appearance, our room was spotless (especially the bathroom) and pretty well kept. The curtains look like they could use replacing though. We had a room in the tower which you will definitely want to spring for because the courtyard from what i saw and heard is not the place to be. Granted we weren't in the room but for maybe 6 hours each day but we still expected it to be comfy.
The casino and hallways smell kind of old but the gaming is cheaper than most casinos if you play the tables.
Beware of the way certain websites describe the location of the hotel. They may say it's right off the strip (which is true) but they don't tell you that it is across the HIGHWAY and there is no way to walk to the strip. There is, however, a shuttle that runs promptly every hour to the strip from the hotel. The food in the hotel is pretty good and reasonably priced. there is one cafe open 24 hours too.

Now, on to my complaint. When we checked in, we were told that our room had been upgraded to a suite as a courtesy.... for one day. After that night we were to check out and check back in to a standard tower room. I called the front desk to find out if we could stay in the suite rather than pack back up, take our luggage back to the lobby, check out and then check back in. They said no. I said well how about if I pay the difference of the standard room... they informed me that would be an extra $220 per night. So i explained to them "what part of this upgrade is a courtesy? because it's more of an inconvenience to me" There only rebuttal was "but you were given a suite" like that was supposed to mean something to me. They would not accomodate or compromise with me. SO, when we checked out the following morning so that we could check back in, i was told that there were no standard rooms ready and to just stay in the suite until 1:30PM when the other room had been cleaned. Back upstairs we go with our luggage. Finally we were able to check into the standard room which we liked better than the suite anyway.
For this reason, teamed with the fact that the hotel is off the beaten path, I will not be staying here anymore. I'm not a picky person but bad customer service is a no no in my book.

• Stayed: April 2005
10  Thank Briana81
Reviewed April 16, 2005

We stayed at the Palace Station Hotel after comparing rates and seeing this was by far the best value for your money. Why do people complain when they only pay about 30 bucks for a Vegas room? The staff at the front desk was very friendly and service was quick. We did end up getting a courtyard room, but who cares when you are hardly there anyway? If you are going to complain about your room, you are simply spending way too much time in it. Come on, you're in Vegas! Get out of your room!

The room was very clean and nicely decorated. I was specifically impressed with the bathroom, it was spotless and well stocked. I thought the overall quality of the room was excellent for the price I paid. There is even a Starbucks in the Casino. The parking was secure and I felt comfortable and safe. Gaming is also so much fun there. Do try the craps there. I had never played that and the dealer was so patient and courteous. I ended up having a great time. I will definitly stay at the Palace Station again.

I will admit one thing though... We stayed for three days and in those three days we still do not know how we got to our room, especially after a long night of partying. It's like a rat maze! We were placing bets to see who coud find the room first. So don't get mad, have fun with it!

• Stayed: April 2005
9  Thank RubioJ
Reviewed April 12, 2005

We have stayed at Palace Station three times. The first two times, we booked a cheap rate directly with the hotel and were put into courtyard rooms. Both times we complained about the quality of the rooms and we were moved into the tower(at no extra charge) because they said they had tower rooms available. The last time, we booked thru a very well known online travel site and when we complained about our courtyard room, the front desk said that we could not change unless we paid extra and that we should complain to the company that we booked with. The courtyard building and rooms are very old and not in good shape. Do not pay more than $30(Sun thru Thur) for these rooms and only book thru the hotel. For value on the strip try Excalibur, Sahara, Imperial Palace or Circus Circus.

• Stayed: March 2005