“Nice Stay / Good Sleep”

Ranked #135 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Canyon, Texas
“Nice Stay / Good Sleep”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed at the Palace five nights in mid-December for work. Booked the reservations through SW Airlines package and upgraded to a luxury tower room. Check-in was fairly quick on a Sunday afternoon, around 4 PM. Given a NS king on the sixth floor, overlooking the front of the hotel (view was to the north). Found the room to be above average in cleanliness and amenities, but lacked a coffee pot (knew this in advance, so I packed my own 4 cup coffee maker). I am fairly picky, so for me to write that the room was above average in cleanliness means it was pretty clean. The bed was comfortable and provided me with pretty good night's rest each night I was there. Rooms have safes in them, for storing valuables, which I found helpful. Local paper was provided each morning, which was a nice touch. Front desk staff, housekeeping and security were all friendly and helpful, making the stay more pleasant.

The casino was overly smoky at times. Had all the table games I like playing - craps and blackjack in particular - with decent rules and low minimums ($5). Most of the dealers were friendly and helpful - a few dealt like robots.

Ate all meals at the hotel restaurants. Jack's Irish Pub was more of just a regular sports bar - no real "Irish Pub" feel to it. The service was slow and the bartender was less than helpful - seemed to be more interested in pushing off work on the waitresses than helping the customers. The fish and chips were about the best I had ever had. The Chinese Express too had less than optimal service - the folks that worked there seemed to be put out and I had to flag down a server to place my order, despite the place nearly being empty. Poor service, although the food was decent. The wait staff at the Grand Café was very attentive and helpful, and the food was decent in quality. My favorite place to eat, though, was the Oyster Bar. Attentive staff, quick service, and delicious food prepared right in front of you. If you enjoy fresh seafood, I strongly recommend you try the fare here. I ate there no less than three times and each meal was pleasant.

Overall, the stay was pleasant and room was more than adequate. I felt safe most of the time I was there although, in the very early morning, a few folks were in the casino, who I felt it necessary to keep my eye on. I recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there in the future.

The above is my personal opinion, based on my observations. Your mileage may vary.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Milelogger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I try my best to find positive thing in the places I stay. The only good thing about this place was the PRICE I Paid. About $25 a night. It doesn't sound like much but for vegas it isn't uncommon. In this case I got what I paid for. An old room, horrible smell, and horrid facilities. The housekeeping staff was super friendly, I have to say. I didn't let them come in to clean... I just asked for fresh towels. I don't think it would have been possible to clean it.... EVER.
The day I had breakfast at the hotel, it was not bad. But I just wanted to get the heck out as soon as the day broke.
If you can, don't stay there, unless you find a great deal and don't plan to be there much.

Room Tip: Stay away from courtyard rooms. Looks like a prison.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank yaser z

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Orange, California
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We usually stay at this hotel in December as we need to be in Vegas for an event. The Palace Station has always proven a budget conscious location. This year, we stayed in the courtyard because we were feeling cheap. the room was low priced but we only needed a place to sleep. On our arrival, the desk clerk greeted us with a smile and was efficient. Our room was a short walk as requested, but when we got in, discovered the room heating was not working. It was 35 degrees outside and windy. The engineering staff was in the room in 15 minutes and had the unit diagnosed and replaced within 30 minutes. They were professional, friendly and polite.
Now, this is an older place and subject to problems for sure, but the staff worked to solve them and I can only give them praise for saving the day. Good job all!!

Room Tip: The towers are our favorite rooms. The courtyard will do if you are short on dough. We had a great...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a run down working class local casino. The restaurant has a lot of anxious in a hurry people who are rude. The restaurant workers are rude and inefficient. I was actually injured there when they put me in a very small booth. I injured my knee trying to get in and was annoyed by an old Asian waiter who gave me a hard time when they re-seated me. Bring your own beverages there as you can't get a waitress in the casino.

Room Tip: I would not recommend that anyone stay here. There are so many other places that are not dangerous a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Gerardus S
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 4, 2013

PLEASE PLEASE, be careful staying at the Palace Station, Las Vegas. My camera and lens & all photos of my vacation $5000 Dollars worth. Where taking from my LOCKED hotel room. (Very Creepy That Someone Can Walk In) The hotel does not want to know I have called a lot from Ireland I might add (YEP ... LONG DISTANCE). No Respond!!!. Yes Palace Station I am gutted that I stayed at your hotel. Tell me why don't you care about your customers???? Just got a email saying they are not liable. So it's ok for any one to walk into a LOCKED hotel room at the Palace Station, Las Vegas. and take what they want. SERIOUSLY??????

Room Tip: Go elsewhere where you will not be robbed, do not stay here! That is my advice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank leezad9
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This off-strip hotel gives the Vegas visitor real value. The rooms are spacious, with touches of luxury. The cost is quite reasonable - shop around ant you will be hard-pressed to get a better deal. You haves choice of view - the strip or the mountains. The hotel has a free shuttle to the Fashion Show Mall on the strip. The staff is most accommodating, and makes the visitor feel at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Westsail374
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We will never stay here ever again worst place ever place is a dump and people are rude the rooms are dirty and look like they have never been cleaned the buffet is the only good thing about this place we wrote them and never got a response I don't recommend this place

• Stayed February 2013