“Not at all good”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #131 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Called & Asked for Microwave & Refrigerator and they said they are there in the room but didn't give me after i arrived there. I didn't see any charges or taxes before booking the room but after confirmation i saw $16.75 charges. No Bathtub, Rooms are smoking smell. Pics are different in the website.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Surendra B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,249)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you are staying at this hotel, be aware that it is far from the strip. They have a shuttle, but I can't comment on the convenience because we didn't use it. The rooms in the tower are nice, but the A/C doesn't work very well. The bed isn't very comfortable either, as the pillows are a mile high and made out of concrete. BUT, with all that being said, it's good value if you're looking to relax on a budget and don't mind being at the far north end of the strip.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the TOWER - they are newly remodeled.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chevy S
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have always stayed at station casinos as they are a great value and always have great promos. Palace station is no different. The room was clean, quite and the bed was very comfortable. I look forward to going back.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandyTraveler2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013

As my husband was in Sunrise Hospital in Vegas, I wanted a room fairly close. Based on reviews, I booked a Tower room. It was quite roomy & clean, the bed was very comfortable, there were chairs & a desk. The internet worked perfectly, no problems connecting. I stayed from 10/29-11/5/13. Every night I would get back late and the valet person knew me by name and asked if I wanted my car at 7 am the next morning. I would get up, grab a Starbucks (a real plus to have in the lobby) and my car would be waiting for me outside. I wish I knew the man's name that was there every morning because he was so nice. After my husband was discharged, we had to stay three more nights. Since he was pretty much stuck in bed, we asked that our room be left alone. The staff would catch me in the hallway and ask if there was anything they could get us. Again, so nice. I ate in the Grand Cafe and the food was outstanding, breakfast - dinner & the service was great. The front desk associates were also very pleasant and accomodating when I requested a late check out on our last day. Really, I have no complaints, it made a difficult time much easier. Thank you to the staff :)

Room Tip: Choose a Tower room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Jackie T
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Was out in Vegas with a group and we were booked at the Palace Station for 3 night (Thurs-Sun).

I honestly thought, for the money, it wasn't a bad place at all. My Tower room was fairly modern and really clean. My standards aren't high for hotels rooms, especially in Vegas where I spend very little time in the room. The bed was comfortable and the view of the strip was pretty cool. The bathroom was spotless.

The room was pretty warm when I first got there but you have access to full climate control and the room quickly cooled off.

The TV reception was pretty poor and most definitely not HD. Would have liked to have had access to a mini bar or free wi-fi but, again, for the small price you pay to book a room, I can't complain too much.

The casino was better than expected, as was the restaurant where I had breakfast. Just be aware that you are not within walking distance of the strip and you will need to either take a $15 cab ride or have your own car.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower Room and avoid Courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank colinquigley
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've stayed a number of times in the Tower Rooms at Palace Station and have always been pleased with the accommodations. This review is for my most recent 2-night stay in November, 2013.

The room itself was in excellent condition, tastefully furnished, and quite similar in quality to what one might find in a typical mid-tier hotel such as Fairfield Inn. There was adequate desk space, a flat screen TV, and two king beds with comfortable mattresses. The room and bathroom were both spotless. The shower delivered hot water at good water pressure, and the towels were fluffy and thirsty.

While there is a thermostat in the room that can be adjusted, it appears that the climate control system may actually be centrally set either air conditioning or heat, depending on the time of year. I could be wrong about this, but attempts to warm up the room by raising the temperature didn't result in any appreciable change in temperature, even with the system running full blast. I recall from a previous visit to this hotel, in a different room, that I experienced the same thing, and there was no way on the thermostat control to set "heat" or "cool," which is why I presume that the actual setting for "heat" or "cool" is done at the system rather than in each room. If so, then perhaps the hotel was still on its "summer" setting even though the evenings in Vegas are becoming cooler each day.

I cannot comment on "value," as my room was comp'ed by the hotel, but on an overall quality scale, I was quite pleased with the accommodations.

Check-in and check-out were both handled efficiently by pleasant staff members.

The hotel is located on Sahara Avenue, a block west of I-15, which places it off the Strip, but a short drive to and from the Strip. From the hotel, head east on Sahara, pass under I-15, and continue on until you reach the light where Sahara intersects Las Vegas Boulevard at the north end of the Strip. Then just turn right and head south.

The casino has a fun atmosphere - attracts a lot of locals, and the staff tend to be helpful and pleasant. It's not opulent, and I find it a lot more cozy and friendly than many other places and enjoy playing here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank step12dude
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Was here for conference. Room was newly remodeled and it really fit the name. Compared to the main strip properties it was just as nice and significantly more economical. The staff was great to the conference attendees and the conference rooms were very nice. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: The towers are new rooms, the courtyard is showing its age.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business