“If you don't mind staying off the strip, this is a great cheap hotel.”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #131 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The rooms in the hotels are clean and spacious. If you don't mind staying off the strip this place is great. I personally enjoyed the hotel because it was so cheap and we had a car so it wasn't a big deal to get to the strip. You can also take a taxi to the strip, it shouldn't be too expensive. Overall, if you are looking for a cheap and clean hotel, this place will do the job.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Palace Station Hotel and Casino

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Oh well I came to Vegas for three days and didn't really like Vegas, what with all the gambling and drinking, it was too much for me. I spent most of the time in my hotel room which looked out onto the pool. The pool looked clean, but I couldn't get the window open wide enough to climb out and have a swim. The surrounding area isn't that nice. Taxi drivers constantly stopped asking if I would like to go to a strip club. I was asked to produce a room key by a largely built black man dressed like a guard in the lobby one night, I assumed he was security, he took my key and I never saw him again. The room was clean, the towels were white, the carpets were a redish color, and the slot machines were a variety of many spinning colours. It was not for the faint hearted as I suffer from epilepsy. I wouldn't recommend it, as I was only 20 at the time and couldnt buy alcohol. There was also badly positioned plant pots in the lobby, one of which I nearly tripped over. I didn't really enjoy it, and wouldn't recommend it. The staff simply laughed when I nearly fell. Visited September 2012.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank El_Enfermo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is definitely a locals spot. It's just over the freeway from the strip, and for $30, it's hard to beat the value here. Clean rooms, great buffet (more on that), and efficient service staff. They were kind enough to give us a late check out, which we needed. We didn't see the pool, but saw a lot of guests coming to and from it. While the staff is efficient, I wouldn't say they are as charming/pleasant as the staff you find in hotels on the strip (but at $30/night, I don't demand the same level of service as a $200/night hotel). Upon check-in, the receptionist said our reservation came with 2 complimentary buffets. We gave our room number at the buffet and enjoy an awesome breakfast (build your own omelet to order, good bacon, fresh fruit and pastries). We were told the charge would be removed upon check-out. No such luck. After waiting ten minutes to have the charge removed, the receptionist said they couldn't do it, and don't know why anyone said we were entitled to a free breakfast. I wasn't going to quarrel over $10 for 2 buffets, but the bait and switch seemed disingenuous. Nevertheless, I'd return here if on a budget or for a business trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower--nice views.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'm less than 24 hours into my stay at this hotel and it's the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. We had to wait over 1 1/2 hours at the airport for a shuttle, then when we got to the hotel, I couldn't find anyone to help with my bags, so my 6 year old daughter and I had to drag 4 large suitcases across to the entrance and to registration by ourselves. Then, they were terribly understaffed at the front desk. I registered with a large group and they had my registration date wrong (checking in Sunday instead of Saturday), so they did not have a room for me. They were able to find a smoking room for me for the first night. Again, no help with the bags from anyone at the hotel and we finally drag the 4 bags to the room they assigned us. We walk in to see someone else's luggage in the room. They assigned us to someone else's room. So, again, I call, and they reassign us to a room down the hall. Someone came to bring the keys, but, again, wouldn't help with the luggage.

So here we are, early on Sunday morning and now I have to get totally packed back up so that they can come get my luggage and move it to a storage room and then back to our new room when we are able to check in. So, in less than 24 hours, we will have been in 3 different rooms. The staff is, mostly, completely rude, especially considering this was THEIR fault - even their paperwork said our reservation should have been for Saturday, not Sunday.

The people next to us were up and really loud until 4:30am. My daughter finally got to sleep around 11:00pm, so I'm sure she's going to be in great shape for her competitions today.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
4  Thank kimmik95
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stay here for business trips. The hotel is clean there are quite a few restaurants to choose from, two swimming pools, and the casino is convenient to play for a bit. The rooms have a nice view of the strip.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Palace Station for four nights and had a wonderful experience. The location is always easy to get in and out of and easy access to the strip across the Interstate on Sahara. You have to have a car basically, but we count on driving everywhere in Vegas anyway. The staff was always attentive and kind with the valet even remembering our name by the end of the time and we weren't in and out much. The food was outstanding and there was no way the prices could be beat. Buffets no more than $10 (dinner) and the there was plenty of food to be had. Room was plenty big and clean. We have found our new Vegas home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sportsinfoguy
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant experience after an unplanned visit to Las Vegas. We were flying into San Francisco and diverted to Las Vegas due to the plane crash on 7/6/2013. Our airline paid for our stay. Rooms were roomy and clean. We ate at the buffet (which the airline also paid). Just about anything you would want to eat was on the buffet. Really good food. There is also a sports book in the casino. Staff was always helpful. I would stay here again on a longer visit to Las Vegas. We were only at the hotel about seven hours.

1  Thank HuskerMark08