“Absolutely horrible”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #131 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I travel to Vegas on a regular basis and usually stay on the strip but this time I thought I would give this place a try. Never again. We had booked a room in the courtyard as it sounded very nice but we were not told that our room would be just a few feet from a loading dock. All night we heard trucks backing up with the beep, beep, beep as well as the people talking and moving things. The walls are paper thin in this place and we heard everyone out in the hall and in neighbouring rooms. Absolutely horrible!!! We complained about the situation in the morning and they agreed to move us. We left about 8 and left our luggage with the bell captain and returned about 6 that night. No one seemed to know what was going on and the manager was very rude. They finally found us a room but it was on the second floor and no elevator. I simply said that would not work as I have lung cancer and I cannot go up and down stairs with a backpack and luggage. The response was "If you don't like it you can go elsewhere!" As it was a Saturday night we had to stay. The room was absolutely filthy with layers of dust everywhere. This complaint was dealt with quite quickly and the room was cleaned but we could not wait to get out of there. Since returning home I have called the hotel to complain about our treatment and while I was promised that the hotel manager would call I have heard nothing from him. I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it. There is also a "resort" fee which is for things such as using the pool and the gym. Those things use to be included in the cost of the room. These resort fees are nothing but a money grab on the part of hotels.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 90MarieS90
Write a ReviewReviews (2,249)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We didn't want to pay the high cost of hotel rooms on the strip and decided to try this place. It was great and will stay here again. The rooms were clean, bed great, food great, and we felt very safe. The people that work there are amazing!! The location was easy to find and it was easy to get back on the freeway to head to Arizona.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Judi C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A non-profit group I am a member of planned their regional conference at the Palace Station. The rooms were wonderful, including the handicapped rooms. I heard nothing but rave reviews for the hotel, restaurants and the conference rooms. The hotel convention staff worked with us to make this a wonderful event. All employees were cordial and capable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Where to begin! Stayed here once many years ago and truly liked it but boy have times changed! We decided to stay 1 night and thought the courtyard rooms sounded nice and the photos of the rooms looked good for the price, which was less then $30. At check-in however we were informed of the $100 deposit! I was blown away that we were having to put a deposit that high on a $28 room! We are then told that the "courtyard" was out the back door, across the ally and then up a flight of stairs! Why didnt it say that there was no elevator in the discription? My husband has bad knees but we knew there was nothing better avail due to march madness. We get to the building only to discover it was like a maze! Took us 10 minites to find our room! Once we found which hall our room was in we were hit with an odor i thought was sewage! Opened the door to our room and found it disgusting! Filthy! Poorly maintained, no water pressure and a bed that was like sleeping on a boxspring! Thought maybe i would eventually get used to the sewage smell until i realized it was Marajuana not sewage! It was so thick it was making us sick, then came the noise in the hall and the neighbors hitting the walls so hard it was shaking our room! Paper thin walls meant we could hear everything our neighbors saying and smell what they were smoking! We finally got to sleep around 1am only to be woke up at 4am. We packed up and checked out 30 mins later. Could not get out of there fast enough! All i can say is if they were the last hotel on earth and i needed a room i will sleep on the ground with scorpions, lizards and snakes before i would EVER stay there again!

3  Thank Hotsummernight
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the strip, food excellent, senior friendly, spa could use some updates, room in the hotel was very comfortable, my wife and I were very pleased with it been the right size, so, we could find each other,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James3146
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just wanted to say this was the best value hotel in the area! Our stay started here with just a one night booking on price line.com. But after being upgraded to a suite for the first night at our rate of under $30 who could complain? We were only supposed to stay one night here and the rest at the Rivera. The room the Rivera gave us was awful. So we came back to Palace Station. We saved money by staying here and got alot nicer room than at the Rivera. They did have some over booking issues but upgraded instead of downgraded us. Our room was clean and was quiet I see lots of other negative reviews on here but our stay was in the luxury tower and never had any issues. I did have to argue with the check in guy about price as online pricing was cheaper than his quote but they do match prices on any website! We had a blast while here. They are off the strip by a mile but offer free shuttles to the mall on the strip so you wont have a problem getting around. Or if flying in they pick you up for free from the airport too. you might have to wait but its a free ride. its worth waiting 20-30 mins to save on their city's outrageous taxi rates.

Room Tip: Top tower rooms are the best to get and if you can talk them into it they have house account suites...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from easter sunday (31/3/13) to April the first (1/4/13). Indeed my family and I were given a huge April Fool's Day surprise at about 7am on April the first. First we were given a room that was engulfed in a pungent stench that was somewhat like sewage that came from the gutter in the room shower area. That was already a bad impression on me as a 3.1/5 star hotel (according to Hotelclub.com - my family booked through the website). We brought this up to the hotel front desk and I was glad that we were promptly shifted to the room opposite. My happiness was shortlived. The room given to us was 1616, just opposite our previously assigned room, 1617 (These are courtyard rooms - 1617 faces the hotel pool while 1616 faces a dump site or construction site of sorts, could not tell as the window was barricaded). Upon entering, I was greeted with yet another musky smell. I wonder if it was the type of hotel air freshener or sanitizer, but there is only one word to describe it, "unbearable". Smell in the room was still tolerable but we were awoken at 7am by a large truck blaring its horn and its engine running for at least 30 mins. You know the noise pollution is bad when a heavy sleeper (me) actually wakes up from it. After that, I tried to get some much needed sleep but it was impossible. The courtyard rooms of this hotel paled in comparison to the other inns and motels that I stayed in San Francisco and Los Angeles. I know that you pay for what you get but if I chose the cheapest inns in San Francisco and Monterey on route to Las Vegas and had a good night's rest, I can't see why this hotel can't live up to expectations. The fast wifi speed, relatively clean toilet and beds and helpful hotel staff were the only reasons why this rating was "poor" instead of "terrible". Before this incident, my family and I were considering extending our stay at this hotel as we still had one more night in Vegas, we are switching hotels no matter the inconviences.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family