“What a nightmare!”

Ranked #133 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Needles, California
“What a nightmare!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Where to begin! Stayed here once many years ago and truly liked it but boy have times changed! We decided to stay 1 night and thought the courtyard rooms sounded nice and the photos of the rooms looked good for the price, which was less then $30. At check-in however we were informed of the $100 deposit! I was blown away that we were having to put a deposit that high on a $28 room! We are then told that the "courtyard" was out the back door, across the ally and then up a flight of stairs! Why didnt it say that there was no elevator in the discription? My husband has bad knees but we knew there was nothing better avail due to march madness. We get to the building only to discover it was like a maze! Took us 10 minites to find our room! Once we found which hall our room was in we were hit with an odor i thought was sewage! Opened the door to our room and found it disgusting! Filthy! Poorly maintained, no water pressure and a bed that was like sleeping on a boxspring! Thought maybe i would eventually get used to the sewage smell until i realized it was Marajuana not sewage! It was so thick it was making us sick, then came the noise in the hall and the neighbors hitting the walls so hard it was shaking our room! Paper thin walls meant we could hear everything our neighbors saying and smell what they were smoking! We finally got to sleep around 1am only to be woke up at 4am. We packed up and checked out 30 mins later. Could not get out of there fast enough! All i can say is if they were the last hotel on earth and i needed a room i will sleep on the ground with scorpions, lizards and snakes before i would EVER stay there again!

3 Thank Hotsummernight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the strip, food excellent, senior friendly, spa could use some updates, room in the hotel was very comfortable, my wife and I were very pleased with it been the right size, so, we could find each other,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James3146
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just wanted to say this was the best value hotel in the area! Our stay started here with just a one night booking on price line.com. But after being upgraded to a suite for the first night at our rate of under $30 who could complain? We were only supposed to stay one night here and the rest at the Rivera. The room the Rivera gave us was awful. So we came back to Palace Station. We saved money by staying here and got alot nicer room than at the Rivera. They did have some over booking issues but upgraded instead of downgraded us. Our room was clean and was quiet I see lots of other negative reviews on here but our stay was in the luxury tower and never had any issues. I did have to argue with the check in guy about price as online pricing was cheaper than his quote but they do match prices on any website! We had a blast while here. They are off the strip by a mile but offer free shuttles to the mall on the strip so you wont have a problem getting around. Or if flying in they pick you up for free from the airport too. you might have to wait but its a free ride. its worth waiting 20-30 mins to save on their city's outrageous taxi rates.

Room Tip: Top tower rooms are the best to get and if you can talk them into it they have house account suites...
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from easter sunday (31/3/13) to April the first (1/4/13). Indeed my family and I were given a huge April Fool's Day surprise at about 7am on April the first. First we were given a room that was engulfed in a pungent stench that was somewhat like sewage that came from the gutter in the room shower area. That was already a bad impression on me as a 3.1/5 star hotel (according to Hotelclub.com - my family booked through the website). We brought this up to the hotel front desk and I was glad that we were promptly shifted to the room opposite. My happiness was shortlived. The room given to us was 1616, just opposite our previously assigned room, 1617 (These are courtyard rooms - 1617 faces the hotel pool while 1616 faces a dump site or construction site of sorts, could not tell as the window was barricaded). Upon entering, I was greeted with yet another musky smell. I wonder if it was the type of hotel air freshener or sanitizer, but there is only one word to describe it, "unbearable". Smell in the room was still tolerable but we were awoken at 7am by a large truck blaring its horn and its engine running for at least 30 mins. You know the noise pollution is bad when a heavy sleeper (me) actually wakes up from it. After that, I tried to get some much needed sleep but it was impossible. The courtyard rooms of this hotel paled in comparison to the other inns and motels that I stayed in San Francisco and Los Angeles. I know that you pay for what you get but if I chose the cheapest inns in San Francisco and Monterey on route to Las Vegas and had a good night's rest, I can't see why this hotel can't live up to expectations. The fast wifi speed, relatively clean toilet and beds and helpful hotel staff were the only reasons why this rating was "poor" instead of "terrible". Before this incident, my family and I were considering extending our stay at this hotel as we still had one more night in Vegas, we are switching hotels no matter the inconviences.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TruthSpeakingTourist

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

San Diego
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place has a truck stop feel to it with heavy distinct and musty cigarette aroma flowing freely through out the casino and the rooms. (Yankee Candle should invest in a candle named 'Palace Station') If you want to see where O.J. was arrested or enjoy truck stops this isn't a bad option. I noticed an unusual amount of old ladies playing the pokies in the casino, not sure what that was all about. You get a newspaper in the morning right out front of your door and then when you check out the front desk presents you with a nice $15 resort fee for the newspaper, Kinda Cool. I do like the old vegas architecture of the building.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Metropolitan89
Western Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

There comes a time when hoteliers should quit patching things and just build anew! At one time, this was a premier address in Vegas. Those days are long gone - and all that is left is a vintage hotel.

The Tower is probably inhabitable as it is a newer part of the facility - but the "Courtyard Rooms" are noisy and tired. The beds are in need of replacement and the (rather noisy) air conditioning systems have two settings...Tractor and Bigger Tractor. There is no happy medium. The only advantage is that it drowns our the voices of the gamblers who prowl the halls looking for their rooms after the money has run out!

Room Tip: Avoid the Courtyard Rooms and opt for the Tower. It's $50 more per night but you'll get som...
1 Thank ramcleod
Blackpool
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Arrived late afternoon on Friday !5th March. Booked through Hostelworld.com. Good job that I took all opf the paperwork with me because they tried to rip me off for the resort fee. Because I booked through Hostelworld the paperwork stated clearly that the 14.95 + tax would be waived.
Check-in was slow only two agents and a queue. Courtyard room was clean and comfortable, rest of the staff were very helpful and the food in the buffet was good.
Had to make two emergency calls to the UK which totalled 35 minutes and got ripped off for 135 dollars and change.
There is no duty manager at night - they arrive at 7.30 in the morning so if you have to check out early and have a complaint tough luck
I will point out that this hotel would have got 4 bullets if it hadn't been for the cost of the phone calls and the poor service at the registrastion desk