“Great Place for the Price”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #135 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great Place for the Price”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times. Ive never experienced any problems. Always had a clean room. No disappointments with any of the resteraunts on property. Great place! Stayed at few other lower rate hotels in Vegas and none compare to this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lola W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West London
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at palace Station from 11th nov for 5 nights. After reading some of the reviews i did wonder was i doing the right thing. No problems at all with this hotel, friendly staff at check in, which we did early, no queues no miserable staff as others have posted. We stayed in a tower room which was lovely, 4th floor which meant we had a view of the parking garage but if you looked beyond that lovely views of Vegas. The room was clean , the beds really comfy, and the bathroon was spotless with a good hot power shower. Every member of staff was friendly, the breakfast buffet was filled to capacity and there was something for the most fussy eater. We generally got to breakfast at 8am and never found huge queues, the omlettes were excellent as were the omlette chefs and waiting staff. Could not find fault at this hotel. Im not really a gambler so didnt really lose money on the machines so cant really comment on how good they were, but we all had little flutters and had fun. Im a non smoker so the smoke in the casinos is a bit to much but we couldnt really smell it in our room so no problems there. All in all a fantastic Hotel, off the strip which reflects in the price, a real bargain. The free internet in the room always worked perfectly and i would reccomend this hotel to anybody and would definitely stay there again. 10/10 Palace Station

Room Tip: If you want a view a floor higher than level 4
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank saffy50
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The reason I booked my stay in this hotel was primarily the decent price per night. However, I'll know next time to pay a little more for a nicer place. I should have known that a hotel with a website that doesn't show more than one picture of their rooms and won't let you enlarge them, probably doesn't want you to know what condition they're really in. We actually got to stay in two of the different rooms they offer.

Upon arriving, we noticed that the hotel seemed older, but not too bad. As soon as we opened the door to our room though, we were very disappointed. There were quite a few things we noticed right away. The smell was very interesting, sort of like it had been smoked in and that smell had soaked into the very disgusting, very old carpet, and they just tried to spray something to mask it. This is a non-smoking hotel, but maybe it didn't used to be. The carpet seemed so gross that I was reluctant to take my shoes off. Our window didn't open easily, it would get stuck. Once we got it open, we realized there was no screen, and then had an even harder time trying to close it. The bed only had sheets, no comforter or blanket. The bathroom was even weirder. It looked as if they had tried to re-tile everything but didn't do a good job or use the right products. The shower was basically just this tiny corner of the bathroom with no walls, just an old, dingy shower curtain - with no liner, might I add. The caulking in the shower was coming up and looked dirty, and the shower was so small that it barely fit one person and the whole time you had to be careful how you moved so that you didn't touch the shower curtain.

After this initial examination of the room, we thought we'd try to see how much it would be to upgrade our room. Unfortunately, after speaking with the concierge, she told us that all they had available was a petite suite and it would be more than double the original cost of our stay to upgrade. So, we decided we would make the best of it, and stick with the room we already had. Too bad it was only going to get worse before it got better. That night, I woke up to something scrambling up my shirt. Startled, and half asleep I panicked and smashed it. Then, after pulling whatever dead thing out of my shirt, I realized it was a cockroach! The next morning we took the bug down in a cup to the concierge desk and said we wanted an upgrade or a refund. The woman helping us was very nice, didn't ask any questions and immediately moved us into a petite suite in the towers.

This room was much better. Had newer carpet, the bathroom had been re-done, and it didn't smell. But, even though this room was a great improvement from the Courtyard room, I still probably won't stay here again and here is why; it was still dirty. Once we got settled in, I noticed little dirty things. Things like, filthy light switches or parts of the wall that needed to be wiped down. Also, a spider web behind the toilet and in the corner of the bathroom. Some areas I noticed the wallpaper had been torn or ruined somehow, and they just simply taped another cut piece of wallpaper on top of it. And when I used the mirror in front of the sink, I noticed that the light fixtures on the wall had something that looked like dried toothpaste gunk stuck to them. And we had just gotten into the room, so that toothpaste wasn't from us. The pillows are also pretty lumpy and uncomfortable, and the first night we got in bed, we heard what sounded like a breaking spring in the mattress.

Despite these things, the room was fine and we just wanted to carry on with our trip so we made do with the rest of our stay. The hotel staff we encountered was pretty friendly, but that's not enough to make us want to stay here again.

By the way, they also charge a $16 a night resort fee, and I can assure you, this is NO resort.

Room Tip: If you do in fact stay here, at least make sure you book a room in the towers. DO NOT stay in the co...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank stacie517

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Brandon,SD
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Charged $16 per day resort fee and gave us a crappy room. Also, no comforters on the bed just 3 thin sheets. 16 dollars a day resort fee...... really. And crappy night stands from the 1940s. Don't waste your money. I would not have been so upset if there wasn't an additional 16 dollars a night resort fee that they conveniently don't disclose up front.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank opieatc40
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm always pleased by the way I'm treated by the staff at the Palace Station. On this trip, Julianne went out of her way to help me receive some documents at the hotel front desk. Makes me feel welcome! I've been coming here for 20 years and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and value.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank jaymover
ABBOTSFORD
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We always stayed in palace station,,but now that we are retired,we cant afford it,they have bumped their prices up,and that rediculous extra17dollars per night,sure makes a huge differance to your bill..if you can afford it stay in the tower, its nice.Its not always as clean in the casino,definately needs to be updated badly.

Room Tip: higher rooms are cleaner smelling.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MAUREEN S
Algonquin, Illinois
Reviewed November 15, 2012

friendly service recieved hotel comps .very nice remolded garden rooms. beds were very comfortable. and rooms were spotless. i would stay here again.and recommend to anybody.casino was very friendly. and dealers helped with my son his first time there

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family