“Great place”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #131 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have traveled all over the world more that once. I have been to Las Vegus 11 times since I was 8yrs old when the Mob ran the place (which to say I still wish they did it was much better then). If you are looking for maids to kiss your rear end then this is not the place for you. Yet if you are looking for a nice hotel for business or family this place is great. It is a old hotel and it still has that 70's charm even wit the people. Lots of locals hang out, no big tourist and not on the strip. Because of it's location you don't get the idiot drunk drug induced teenagers you do on the strip. We have went to are room and looked out the window a saw security on bikes policing the parking lot a 0330hrs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Duane H
There are newer reviews for Palace Station Hotel and Casino

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Booked in advance, got a great price. But...the room was shabby, got put in the "courtyard" which is another word for the dungeon. It's a 2 story OLD building out back, with NO elevator, no ice machines, or vending machines. It was stinky, the rooms were small and outdated. The room was supposed to have 2 queen beds, it had 2 full size beds. The bed we slept on had a huge "slant" to it, and the bedding was nasty. When we checked out we were charged an additional $35 for the pool, workout room, internet, phone, and several other things...all of which we hadn't used!! Totally would not recommend this place to anyone!

5  Thank Lois G
Reviewed September 16, 2012

First look is WOW the service was very good. Everyone is very friendly you get that , it's a nice place to lay your head down and stay for awhile feeling. They tell you your room number and where to go and then your on your own. No map just go down this way through the doors then
turn left and you will be about half way down on the left. Off you go looking a wondering keep going stright then a left not bad you find it . Well it was my first time in Las Vegas and well as you guested it I get lost but find my room and never used a swipe card before took a couple trys. Once entering the room there was this bad smell, sort of like off trash . the first thing I do is go to open the windo but to only find out I'm am right next to the hotels trash bins. I could see guys out there dumping tarsh not a great first impression of my first night or the first time in beautiful LasVegas and as was looking at what I got myself into I could see a guy
useing the trash bin as a toilet . I know the rules what happens stays in Vegas but!!!
I was told that this was a great hotel and many people had stay here but not me again. Like my father always told me as I grew up over and over and over again you get what you pay for . Next time I will pay for the higher end hotel and spoil myself.

Room Tip: when and if stay here besure to sak for a even number room on the ground floor , you will be away fr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bigdaddywole57
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I booked this hotel because everything seemed great! Great amenities, not too close and not to far from the strip, and the price seemed reasonable. When we arrived to the hotel the front desk agent seemed nice and helpful. She asked if we preferred smoking or non-smoking, I selected non-smoking. I then asked if we could have a room with a king bed, she said there one but it had not been cleaned yet. Being that we took the red-eye and arrived at 7am we were eager to get to our room so we declined and took what was available. We got our room keys and were off to our room. When we got there we found the house keeper cart in front of the door and the housekeeper cleaning the next room. I asked if the room was ready and she said no, that we'd have to wait 20-30 minutes. Unwilling to go back down and wait with all our luggage I said we'd wait in the room while she cleaned. She was very apologetic. The room and bathroom were very spacious lacked the amenities that had been on the website such as flat screen tv and fridge. The room smelt like the casino, it had a strong smoke smell. Later that evening we decided to go to the Fashion Show mall via the hotel shuttle (which was included in the $15.99 a day resort fee). We went to the mall and walked the strip till the last shuttle was scheduled to arrive at 11:15pm. We got to the waiting area at 10:50pm and waited till the shuttle arrived. When the shuttle arrived we waited in line to board and once on the bus noticed there werent any seats available. The driver promised us and a couple with a young sleeping child in the stroller that she'd be back in ten minutes for us. She left and a few minutes later another group of hotel guests came to wait. 45 minutes later she was still not back. We contacted the hotel and they pretty much told us "oh well, its first come first serve". So we told the other hotel guests and had to split three taxis to get back. That was it, I booked to stay at the Golden Nugget hotel for the remaining 4 nights(awesome stay there by the way). I had to pay $15.99 per day resort fee for use of the shuttle and they just leave their guests there in the middle of the night. I will never stay here again nor recommend them to anyone!!!!!!!

3  Thank Shanel C
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were in the Luxery Tower for 3 days, 2 nights. Were we in for a surprise.
We arrived in the hotel on Sunday afternoon, gambled for about an hour, went to our room to take a nap before dinner with friends. At approximately 5:45 our smoke alarm alerted. [No, it did not 'peep' it went off.} We dressed immediately, cautiously opened our door to find no other activity. Since there was no smoke, we called the front desk and told the operator what happened and she said she did not think there was a fire ad that she would have security come up immediately. Meanwhile, I got a chair, pushed the clear button and a few seconds later, the alarm stopped. We were wide awake then and waited for security to come for 45 minutes. No one contacted us and we were meeting guests at 6:30.

We went back to our room around 9:30 or 10:00, there were no phone messages and we assumed the smoke alarm had been fixed. We went to bed.

At approximately 3:00 the smoke alarm alerted again for about 5-7 seconds, just enough to wake and scare us. I called the operator and she did not know what to do, I told her I did. I then went over to the alarm and took it out of the wall. It was hard wired in but took no effort to remove it. I put in on the desk until it started to beep, then put it out in the hall. About 30 minutes later we were called because a security guard saw the smoke alarm in the hallway. We told the person on the phone, it did not work, we wanted to sleep and that they could replace it that day after 9:00. That should have been the end of the incidents.

Then the same man called us again and said that security was coming up to check out the smoke alarm. We told him not to because we would not open the door. The security captain, a diminutive, corpulent man in a grey suit, unlocked the door and began to berate us that this was against the law we must let him in. Then he threatened to call the police and evict us. We reluctantly allowed them to come in and try to reinsert the defective smoke alarm and it began beeping intermittently. Then they removed it. What had been a dire emergency and grounds for eviction at 4:00 am was of no consequence for the rest of our stay. When we left, nothing had been done to replace the smoke alarm.

Also the $14.95 shrimp and steak dinner was served cold. The bartender served me a Brandy Alexander made with "some coffee liguer" and milk. A brandy alexander is brandy, Cream de Cocao and half and half or whip cream. Don't they have a bartender's guide there?

Room Tip: Remember they add a $16.79 amenities tax to you room for each nights stay. These amenities are the...
1  Thank Woodturner2
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great Hotel, Casino. the food buffet is great no matter what time of the day. If you have their "card" you will only ppay $5.99 for breakfast, with a spread you won't believe. We stay at the KOA campground at Circus, Circus, but drive over the bridge to eat.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

When you check in they het you with a service charge...nearly $20 per room. Booked a king tower room got a room in the courtyard with two small beds. Hallway has an odor and rooms lack any wow factor.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business