“Phenominal Hotel with great restaurants”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #52 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Beloit, WI
“Phenominal Hotel with great restaurants”
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Our first trip to Las Vegas was a spur of the moment and I booked a combo package through Alligant Air.   I made a greatchoice in  The Orleans!   It's off the strip but has shuttle serviceto the Strip.  Our room was great,  cleanliness was terrific, and the restaurants in the hotel were fabulous.  Our only complaintwas the pool hours.  All in all a great experience and we'llstay again when we go back.

Stayed October 2006
4 Thank jv50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Colorado
Reviewed September 17, 2007

My husband and father-in-law both received a $99 offer for three nights hotel accommodations and an entry to a slot tournament. We checked in on Sept. 3rd.

First of all, the property is fairly large and the area where you park to check in is a little crazy, so it might work out better for someone to drop off the person checking in and circle back around and pick the person up. Watch out for the valet attendants because they will not allow you to park temporarily. My husband dropped my FIL and me off and we went in the front door to check in. The line was only four deep and there were quite a few front desk clerks working, so it didn't take that long to actually talk with someone. The man that helped us was from India or a middle eastern country, so we had a little trouble understanding him. He was not friendly at all, so our first impression of The Orleans was not the greatest. This was our first time staying at this hotel. The clerk didn't give us much information other than they put a $100 hold on your credit card for incidentals at check-in.

We had room 1399, a non-smoking king bed at the very end of the hall (we asked for rooms close to the elevator for my MIL). The room was nicely furnished with a very spacious bathroom. There are neat etched windows in the shower. They do let in a lot of light at night, which is good for a night light, but bad if you like the room dark. You just need to close the sliding door at night, but, remember it's closed as you stumble to the bathroom in the middle of the night! The bed was comfortable, even though the foam mattress was in need of replacement (see photos). The bathroom does not have a exhaust fan, so the room got a little humid after a shower. There was a hair dryer, ironing board and iron. The a/c worked well. The room appeared to be really clean. I really liked the decor and the wrought iron window design. The whole place really reminded me of The French Quarter in New Orleans, so they did a good job of replicating it.

One thing we were not told about upon check-in, and we only found out when we pulled up our charges on the television, was they charge a daily resort fee. The website said they charge a $10 fee to use the workout facility and pool, so my husband didn't use it while we were there for the tournament, only to find out on the last day that we were charged the fee anyway. This was very upsetting since the front desk clerk didn't mention it, nor was it printed on the offer card we received for the tournament.

The tournament was very well run. They provided soft drinks, water and coffee for the participants. They stayed on schedule for the day. It would be nice if the tournament were two days instead of one since we were there for three nights.

We dined for breakfast at the buffet while we were there using a buy-one, get-one free coupon from the American Casino Guide. I would not recommend the breakfast buffet. We had eaten there once before and the quality seems to have gone down hill since then. We checked out on the television, so that was very easy. Parking is a problem at this place since you must walk a long way to and from your room. My MIL has a pace maker and heart problems and it was really hard for her.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again if they offer us another special room rate. The location is great if you have a car. It isn't within walking distance of the Strip, unless you're in really good shape. I wouldn't recommend walking at night.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

• Liked — The rooms are very nice and clean.
  • Disliked — The foam mattress needs to be replaced and the daily resort fee needs to be disclosed at check-in.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank COMizzouFan
Dillsburg
Reviewed September 13, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days for our anniversary the last week of August. Based on some of the lesser reviews, I must say the hotel exceeded our expectations. Our room on the 13th floor over looking the strip was spotless! The carpet and bed comforter looked like they were new. I'm picky about clean and this hotel had nothing to complain about. Looked clean, smelled clean, was clean.

The staff was very nice, from the maids to security. The one security officer rode around on his bike and assisted us in finding our rental car the day we left. By the way there was ample security in and out of the hotel.

The hotel is just off the strip and looks less worn than some of the strip hotels. If you don't have a car, there are shuttles to almost everywhere. We got an excellent deal that included a rental car from Funjet Vacations booked online.

We rented a Harley for a day. There is a Harley rental facility two blocks from the hotel (Eagle Rider) that is cheaper much cheaper than the others (Las Vegas HD). They also give a discount to Police, Fireman, EMS.

The pool is very large and you will have no problems getting a chair.

Our room was VERY quiet. I heard a complaint about the noise at night at places like New York, NewYork, which matches what I read on this site. Just depends on what you like.

The casino area had excellent ventilation and I did not notice that smoke was a problem as I saw in other reviews.

If you want to buy liquor or beer for your room (no fridge) don't waist your time and money leaving the hotel. The in-hotel liquor store was cheaper than any other store we found even off strip.

We absolutely intend to go back!!!

• Liked — How clean it was!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ZeekfromDillsburg
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 12, 2007

My Husband and i stayed at the Orleans from Sept 4-11. Check in was very quick at 5:30 p.m. We ordered a non smoking King handicap accessible w/ a roll in shower. Got everything but the King bed, which was fine because the two queens ended to work out better. The room was plenty big and clean(they even steamed clean the floor one day). We were on the 14th floor and it was not smoky at all. The elevators were very fast, our wait was less than 10 seconds every time.

Ordered Room service every morning and all was great with the food. Got a free USA today w/ the breakfast. Ate at Koji, thought their sushi was not very good. We liked the Courtyard Cafe, great prices and everything came out really fast (unless you came when there was a long line) The chinese food was very good. Katie's Korner had great ice cream. The burger at TGIF Friday's was okay.

The pool and spa was nice, only wished the spa was hotter.

The greatest asset to this hotel was the shuttle. Very nice drivers and the shuttle came around every 15 mins. The only time we had to wait longer than 10 mins. was on a very busy Friday at the strip. The drop off site is very close(Bill's Gambling Hall); it was a 5 minute walk to Cesar, Paris, Planet Hollywood, Bellagio, Bally's. We walked all the way to IP, Mirage, and Treasure Island and that only took 20 mins. Also, the Shuttle is wheelchair accessible! :)
Huge tip: if you are trying to get to MGM, New York New York, and the like, take the CAT #201 bus off of the front of the hotel (Tropicana Ave.) Took us 5 mins and only cost $1.25 per person.
Note: there is a $5 resort fee per day, and our stay for one week was about $600, not bad considering we came during the huge game between UNLV and Wisconsin, and the MTV Music awards.

Played a lot of poker there and it was a great room, a little smoky because it was open to the casino, but the managers were accommodating, some of the dealers had come problems (poor english, some dealing problems).

This hotel really is the Big Easy. Overall: Friendly, Clean, and great prices!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank trangieo
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My fiance and I stayed at Orleans for the labor day weekend while all the hotels on the strip were expensive, we tried Orleans for the first time. It was $90 for friday and $160 for sat, not bad at all. After reading all the reviews from here saying this is a nice hotel, I still didn't expect too much but I was surprised how roomy, clean and nice the room was. We stayed on 20th floor, the hallway and carpet on 20th and 21st are different from the rest of the floor, it is contemporary and nice. I like Orleans, really a nice alternative for off strip hotel!

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank wingkie
Sitka, Alaska
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Stayed August 30-Sept 4th.

Things I didn't like: No fridge or microwave in the room. Carpets were stained. The Mexican restaurant Don Miguel's wouldn't do to go orders, they said they didn't have any to go containers? We had a room on the 2nd floor above the pool, and it's very noisy.

Things I did like: The beds were very comfortable, the dealers, and the pool seemed pretty nice too, although it was too hot outside for me. Lots of Pai Gow tables. In general, the food was pretty good, and there were several different restaurants to choose from. Nice having a salon, spa, movie theater, pool, etc. all in one place. We didn't have to leave the hotel/casino for anything. Something for everyone, in case you are traveling with others. My husband loves the cocktail girl uniforms, lol.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again, after all, it's the casino that we love, and the rooms are only for sleeping once in a while!!

• Liked — the casino
  • Disliked — no fridge, no microwave.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank oceanmama1
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Over the past five years, I have stayed at several hotels in Vegas. Among them, Harrah’s, Stratosphere, Casino Royal, The Hilton, The Fitzgerald, a Hampton Inn, a Condo, and even a motel once when we got bumped from a flight. As you can see, it has been a variety, from nicer to whatever was available. Some of these I have stayed at several times, with inconsistent results in my experience. Not so with The Orleans. I have yet to have a bad experience there, and this stay was no exception.

I now travel to Vegas 5 or 6 times a year, and The Orleans has earned it place as my first choice when I start looking for a place to stay. They offer great promotions, that when taken advantage of make the rooms some of the most affordable I have come across.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and well laid out. I like that the bathroom is in the far corner of the room for example, not right there as you walk into the room like most hotel rooms, which always seems so crowded and awkward to me. In addition, the bathroom is such the sink/vanity area is separated by a wall from the toilet and shower/tub. This makes it so much easier for one person to shave etc, while the other is taking a shower etc, without having to be right next to them. In addition, the room even has a sitting area, which I must admit I rarely use at all. Let's be honest, we do not go to Vegas to hang out in the room.

That being said, I still want a room that I feel comfortable in. The Orleans certainly offers that. They also offer room safes at no cost, although on this last stay, for some odd reason the safe was not bolted down. While that may not be "safe", it might still look odd if someone were walking down the hall toting a safe. I do hope that in the not too distant future, they switch to those wonderful foam type mattresses that others are going to, as my back could use it.

While The Orleans is not right on the strip, it is very close. It is very close the The Rio as well. The Orleans tries to offer a lot of variety in an effort to give you a reason to stay there. Large casino, theater, bowling, several restaurants, poker room, most everything you could want. They do have bars, but no hot spot night club, but again those are only minutes away.

I really enjoy The Orleans. While no one is perfect, they make an effort to maintain the property, which is more than I can say for several others that seem to be in a constant state of decay. They respond quickly to housekeeping requests etc.

• Liked — The Value, what you get for your money is amazing. 2 nights, 4 meals, 1 price.
  • Disliked — on this particular trip, the bathroom could have been a touch cleaner, and the safe bolted down.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo