“Enjoyed the Orleans!”

Ranked #54 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Milwaukee
“Enjoyed the Orleans!”
Reviewed May 8, 2006

We stayed at the Orleans for just one night before a circle tour around the Grand Canyon, but it was a winner! The woman at the front desk upgraded us to a suite, which was great (hey, 5 phones, 4 tvs, a wet bar, a dining room, and a great view!) We enjoyed the "graveyard special" in the 24/7 restaurant (full breakfast for $2.45 ... but watch out for the coffee and juice prices...). We also got a little lucky at the slots. We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank Here There and Everywhere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2006

I stayed at The Orleans from May 4 through May 6. Our Rooms were good...beds were a little hard, but the rooms were clean and the maids did a good job. The slots are not that loose, but I played Craps mostly. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at The Orleans.

Positive
- Check-In was quick
- Hotel restaurants are very good

Negatives
- The lights they have setup that highlight the Exterior of the Hotel...they completely brighten up your room at night.
- Smokey...but what casino isn't.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mililani
Reviewed May 7, 2006

We stayed at the Orleans from March 19 to the 23rd, 2006 at a price of around $67 per night + tax, from a i4vegas--- website. The rooms were big...like a suite...very clean. Depending on where your room is, you may have to walk a bit to get there, as the property is huge. We enjoyed a movie at their own movie theater, and bowled one evening at their huge bowling alley. My son & nephews (ages 9 to 21) enjoyed the facilities. They also have several places to eat...from coffee at Seattle's Best...to a Subway...to their buffets at their own restaurants. Parking was free, and they have a shuttle that takes down to the strip & drops you off / picks you up at their sister Barbary Coast hotel. All in all...a very good hotel. We would stay here again on a future Vegas visit. :)

• Stayed March 2006
9 Thank rranger
England
Reviewed May 6, 2006

We stayed at this hotel April 26 to May 3 for our honeymoon. Money was something of an issue to us as we had just spent a furtune on our wedding in the UK so we decided on The Orleans as it was really reasonable in price and was very well rated. The check in and out of hotel was really quick and the hotel staff were really friendly. They did offer us an upgrade at check in to a suite, for a price but discounted, but we declined as the room wasn't an issue to us, we would rather spend our money on the holiday. However they did upgrade us to a room with a view free of charge. We found the shuttle really good but then we didn't use at peak times so I can't say whether it was busy at other times. I've heard reports of people saying the beds in their room were really hard, we stayed in room 1319, a king size and our bed was extremely comfortable and soft, I guess it's just pot luck on what type of bed you get!! While on the subject of rooms - they are huge!!!!! The rooms include TV, dressing table, mirrors, alarm clock, phone, tea/coffee making facilities (first cup is free the rest is charged), iron and board, sitting area and bathroom with bath and power shower. The hotel itself has many restaurants and bars, a bowling alley, cinema and kids club (although we left ours at home so didn't use this facility). They give you a voucher book on checking in which we didn't really look through until after we'd been there a couple of days and we discovered lots of freebies and discounts - well worth taking a look at!! Getting on to Vegas itself, we went to most of the hotels on the strip and I can honestly say that although the strip hotels are more conveniently placed, if I went to Vegas again, I would stay at the Orleans again as they were too big, too expensive and too many timeshare reps. We like to ask people for directions of what we want to see and in some hotels we ended up landed at the timeshare desk saying that we'd get this and that free if we sat for 3 hours listening to something we weren't interested in!! Yes we were on a budget but I'd rather go to the 1/2 price tickets booths for shows and pay that price then sit for hours wasting my time just to get it free!!! We were caught at Excalibur and Luxor several times - and we stayed well clear after that!! Bellagio fountains are a must do - got fed up at TI show as we went there and waited for ages and they cancelled it due to bad weather - it was dry and there was barely a breeze so I really couldn't understand that!! I could go on forever, but going to finish now and just want to say that as an English couple in America we weren't sure how we would be greated or treated but all I have to say is that our worries disappeared as you Americans are great, extremely friendly and welcoming. Everybody wanted to talk to us, probably because of the cockney accents, (not Australian!!!) but hey, that's cool!! All in all we had a great honeymoon and come home agreeing that we wont holiday in Europe again, it's the States for us now, so we will be back again soon!!! :-)

10 Thank kellyw3
HB, CA
Reviewed May 5, 2006

Let me just give you a short and sweet review...check-in was fairly quick, the room was nicely decorated and roomy, the casino is very smoky. The night entertainment was pathetic, the pool was cold but the spa is nice and has shade. This might be a good place if you take kids because then you could go bowling, see a flick or take them to the day care. We didn't eat there at all because we prefer the buffet at Rio and other local places.

We paid $130 a night and I can't say I will return. We drive to Vegas so distance is not an issue. We stayed at The Golden Nugget last summer which I much prefer. Overall, an ok hotel but only if you get a good deal.

6 Thank mrsfig
BC, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2006

We are Orleans lovers. It has everything we are looking for while being in Las Vegas. The staff is wonderful, food is above average and the layout is easy to feel comfortable with. As we always rent a car the location is not an issue. We spend time exploring the area and come back for a soak in the pool.
We just came back and while we didn't have a room in the new wing our re-furbished room had a beautiful strip view which we gazed on on each day while lounging in the sitting alcove. I recommend this hotel to friends coming to LV - they are telling others.

7 Thank 2b
London, Ontario, Canada

My wife and I had a wonderfull stay at The Orleans Hotel,

The room was very clean and tidy, & had nice decor, the service was outstanding!

The Casino downstairs is very large and convenient with a whole bunch of restaurants, the pool area was fabulous. lots of free parking.

One thing I didn't care for was the foam mattress (memory foam?) beds, I found them too warm and uncomfortable to get a good nights sleep on.

8 Thank CanadianPhotographer