“Don't know why this ranked so high...”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #54 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 5, 2006

Let me just give you a short and sweet review...check-in was fairly quick, the room was nicely decorated and roomy, the casino is very smoky. The night entertainment was pathetic, the pool was cold but the spa is nice and has shade. This might be a good place if you take kids because then you could go bowling, see a flick or take them to the day care. We didn't eat there at all because we prefer the buffet at Rio and other local places.

We paid $130 a night and I can't say I will return. We drive to Vegas so distance is not an issue. We stayed at The Golden Nugget last summer which I much prefer. Overall, an ok hotel but only if you get a good deal.

6  Thank mrsfig

Reviewed May 5, 2006

We are Orleans lovers. It has everything we are looking for while being in Las Vegas. The staff is wonderful, food is above average and the layout is easy to feel comfortable with. As we always rent a car the location is not an issue. We spend time exploring the area and come back for a soak in the pool.
We just came back and while we didn't have a room in the new wing our re-furbished room had a beautiful strip view which we gazed on on each day while lounging in the sitting alcove. I recommend this hotel to friends coming to LV - they are telling others.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank 2b

My wife and I had a wonderfull stay at The Orleans Hotel,

The room was very clean and tidy, & had nice decor, the service was outstanding!

The Casino downstairs is very large and convenient with a whole bunch of restaurants, the pool area was fabulous. lots of free parking.

One thing I didn't care for was the foam mattress (memory foam?) beds, I found them too warm and uncomfortable to get a good nights sleep on.

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank CanadianPhotographer
Reviewed May 4, 2006

We stayed at the Orleans one night 4/25 after deciding to add a night to our visit and our other hotel was booked full. We had a strip view room and the view is something special you really can't get staying on the strip. We were beat after flying in and and sat in the room eating excellent take out sushi from downstairs and watched the city come alive as the lights came on. Room, food, service all great for the price.

Only thing is, the Orleans is not on the strip, so its just not the same atmosphere as other places we have stayed. To me Vegas is the strip and so would never want to stay at the Orleans very long and only if also had a few nights on the strip.

Did not use the pool area, although it looked nice enough.

1  Thank youngerbrother
Reviewed May 2, 2006

We decided to stay at the Orleans based on many positive reviews on this web site as well as exceptional pricing compared to other Vegas hotels at the time that we went. Overall we were not disappointed and would stay there again. I was there with my wife and two girls (ages 10 and 6).

We used the bowling alley, movie theatre and our kids loved the child care center so much that they asked to go back there on another night. We were happy about that since we were able to use the casino. We ate at the buffet, hamburger fast food place and the chinese restaurant, all of which we more than adequate and reasonably priced.

A couple of things to be aware of. First, ask for a room in the 'new wing'. We were given an older room, which had a musty odor, had stains all over the carpet, and whose drains in the bath and sink were not working properly. When we complained, however, they moved us to a in the new section which was in perfect condition.

Secondly, the hotel was off the Strip about a mile away. Traffic along the road from the Strip to the hotel was always very heavy and slow moving. Also be aware that there was not much to do in the neighborhood around the hotel, and in fact looked rather seedy.

2  Thank Captain Whalebelly
Reviewed May 2, 2006

We booked this hotel based on previous reviews, & we were definately not disappointed.
Our room was on the 17th floor (non smoking) and overlooked the strip, & what a view we had.
The room was very spacious, with a decent sized bathroom & power shower.
The beds were very comfortable, however the making of the bed left alot to be desired. We remade it ourselves eash night.
There was no fridge in the room which was disappointing, but one of those things.
The Reception & casino were very smokey in comparriosn to other hotels on the strip, but this has been pointed out in many of the other reviews, so it did not come as a shock.
The Reception staff were very attentive, & i never waited in line more then 3 minutes to see anyone.
The pool was of a very good size, & there was plenty of lounges & chairs avaliable.

The one critisism i do have is the shuttle bus waiting area outside the hotel. There is NO queing system. So, on several occassions after waiting for the shuttle for 10 mins, people who had just arrived would push in & jump on the shuttle before us, leaving us stranded for the nxt bus to arrive. Saying that though, the shuttles were very frequent.
I would suggest that The Orleans consider a queing system similar to Disney attraction rides, so there can be no pushing in & people can ride the shuttle on first come first serve basis.

I would definately stay here again & would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone else.
Well done The Orleans.

Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank 600wkm
A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 1, 2006

We recently stayed at The Orleans and found it to be a wonderful value for Las Vegas. While the Strip hotels are nice they are way over-priced for the size of the rooms. I am a travel agent and I chose the Orleans from a friends reccommendation who had stayed there before. She was right. The rooms are extra large compared to the Strip hotels and the price was incredibly reasonable. They had excellent food and if anything the portions were too big for one person. We split out entrees and still got plenty to eat. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was very clean. Being off the strip was not a problem as they provide a free shuttle service to their other properties one of which is right in the middle of everything on the Strip. So we were able to get around for free. They have a bowling alley for families that are tired of the expensive shows and a movie theatre showing first run movies. I would definetly reccommend it to my clients who want to save money on their rooms in order to have more to spend in the casino and on the very varied shows in Las Vegas. I also reccommend the Cirque Du Soliel "O" and "Tony & Tina's Wedding". I didn't know bargains like the Orleans still existed in Las Vegas, but I will stay there again. Excellent service as well. I only had one problem and that was the room next door had a late night and very loud argument one night and when I called hotel security they were right on it and it was dealt with immediately. I heard them tell the occupants that they were bieng asked to quiet down and if they had to come back up there they would be evicted. The problem stopped immediately. Great place to stay and eat.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member