“The Orleans has everything!”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #54 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Orleans has everything!”
Reviewed August 18, 2005

This was not my first visit to Las Vegas, but it was my first time to stay at The Orleans. The Orleans will be the only place I will stay on any future visits.

The rooms are "roomy", very clean and pleasant. I especially enjoyed the peace and serenity of my sitting area when I would, from time to time, feel the need to escape the hustle and bustle.

All of the hotel staff was pleasant and quick to accommodate my needs. Being a 70+ year old female, I was delighted to see that no one could approach the elevators without showing a room card. The security was very apparent all over the casino and more than willing to offer assistance.

It would be impossible to not find a meal to your liking. There were six grandchildren in my group, ranging in age from six to 15, and they always found something they liked and wanted. The variety of eateries is fanastic!

We rented a car and I would advise the same. Even though there were some days when we didn't use it, it was a convenience and the valet parking was great although many times there were parking places very near the entrance.

I would never stay on the strip again and as I said in the beginning, will only consider The Orleans!

• Stayed August 2005
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed August 18, 2005

My wife and I (both in our early 30s) stayed at the Orleans during our very first trip to Vegas in August 2002. The hotel room was very nice and extremely spacious. We paid approximately $59/night which I think was an outstanding price given the quality of the hotel. The bowling alley and movie theater were great touches that helped make our first Vegas experience fun. However, like most first time visitors we wanted to spend a lot of time on the strip and this is difficult to do from the Orleans UNLESS you rent a car. On subsequent trips we rented a car and found it a MUST for enjoying Vegas (even if you are staying on the strip). After all, we go during the Summer months and most compact rental cars run only about $17/day.

The only other downside to the Orleans is the Buffet. I'm the first to admit that things may have changed since we visited three years ago. At that time, we saw good reviews of the buffet and figured that we should try it since the price was great. All in all I found the food to be barely mediocre at best (and I'm not that picky). My advice is to pay more and go to one of the downtown buffets (Golden Nugget or Main Street) or hit of the more expensive ones buffets on the strip (like Alladin or the Flamingo). Better yet, visit the resturant at Ellis Island for the $4.99 24hour a day steak special!

In summary, this is a GREAT inexpensive yet very nice hotel located off of the Vegas strip. If you're on a fairly tight budge this may be the best place for you. But remember, RENT A CAR and be wary of the buffet!!

• Stayed August 2002
21 Thank nupe357
Reviewed August 17, 2005

We recently celebrated our 25th anniversary by flying to Las Vegas. We have never stayed in the same hotel twice, but that will no longer be the case since we have found THE ORLEANS. We got a great deal with the Mardi Gras package they offered, which included 4 free buffets for a 2 night stay for $50 a night. The room was spacious, very clean and the beds were sooo comfortable! It was such a relaxing setting. The staff was always friendly. The buffets were excellent with a lot of variety even for breakfast! When we travel back this way again there will be no other choice but THE ORLEANS. No comparing it to any other hotel. I think it was a better deal and room them Bally's which we have also stayed in. Don't be afraid to come even though the price is small.

Ajax, Ontario
Reviewed August 17, 2005

Stayed at Orleans from August 9th to August 12th. Very satisifed with facilities and service provided. Hotel rooms very spacious (see photos) with supplies (shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, body lotion, mouthwash, and soap). Pool area nice size (see photo) with kid's pool and whirlpool. Restaurants are good (buffet is good value, Courtyard Cafe is excellent value, and Prime Rib Loft serves excellent food). Spa has numerous choices and quality is first rate. Casino is good size with standard games (Blackjack - $5 minimum, Craps, Roulette, and slots). Showroom is good size. Shuttle to the strip (Barbary Coast) is a definite plus. Runs every 30 minutes from Orleans. Would definitely consider resort for subsequent vacations.

25 Thank Canadian_Traveller_2
Reviewed August 16, 2005

Stayed 4 nights. Check in was easy. Used shuttle to get to strip every day; good service and never waited long. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Pool was great; only complaint was it closed at 8 p.m.-including hot tub area. Amenities great. Will return and hope to do better in the casino.

• Stayed July 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 16, 2005

Wonderful rooms. CLEAN CLEAN hotel and lobby. Pool very nice (Maybe a bit small for size of hotel). The breakfast buffet and dinner buffet at the Market Place was excellant. We had breakfast one morning over at the Luxor and paid $4.75 MORE per person and food was fair (not many choices). Our package included breakfest for 2 days mornings on our 5 night visit. The shuttle could run a little later than midnight. Coupon book was a good deal that you get upon checkin. Next time this is where we will stay. Too crowded on the strip for us.

• Stayed July 2005
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2005

My familly and I stayed at The Orleans on the week of Aug 7 to 12, 2005. We found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable. We found it relatively easy to park near the hotel. There is a shuttle that takes you to the strip if needed. It departs from the main entrance every 20 minutes. and the slots to be relatively loose. The pool area is quite nice. 2 pools and one big world pool. For the price we paid ($59 weekdays-$110 on week-ends), I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2005