“Best Value in Vegas!”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #56 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 29, 2005

My friend and I just got back from a 3 day stay at The Orleans and I can only say good things about it.

Check in went smooth and the front desk clerk, Veronica, was very helpful. I requested a room near my friend and in the new tower which Veronica found for us right away. The only negative thing was there wasn't a view (the room looked out at a wall, there was a great view of the Luxor in the shower though!) but it actually made the room feel more cozy.

Housekeeping does an amazing job - each day I'd come back from breakfast at 8:30 and my room would already be clean! Some people who sleep late might get disturbed by this but I found it very impressive.

The best slot machine I played while in Vegas (we visited a few other casinos) was the Silver Strike machine at the Orleans. I love the six different silver coins you can win.

My original hotel choice was Circus Circus but after reading the TripAdvisor reviews I decided to switch to The Orleans. Am I glad I did! For $52.00 per night, the Orleans is the best value in Vegas. Other people can stay on the crowded, noisy Strip but I'll be happily returning to the Orleans!

11  Thank prachu
Write a ReviewReviews (6,040)

Reviewed July 27, 2005

Stayed at the Orleans for a week from 17 July 2005 until the 24 July. Good clean, spacious room, with snowy white thick sheets. (Have stayed in some hotels where the sheets where paper thin!).

Value is excellent (we paid £19 per night). Food in Restaurants is good and excellent value. Buffet is especially good.

Security in this hotel is good. To get into the elevators to reach the guest rooms, you first have to show your door key.

I agree with a previous reviewer that the casino floor is a bit Smokey, the ventilation could be better. Also the shuttle bus was very busy some days; perhaps they need to think about buying more/larger shuttle buses?

We have stayed in other Vegas hotels, but this is by far the best.

17  Thank patmed
Reviewed July 21, 2005

We loved the Orleans Resort. Off the maddning path but close by everything due to free shuttles. Rooms much larger than normal, almost a Jr Suite. Only resort I know of that has a window in the bathroom. LOTS of amenities! Paid less than 60.00 a night & that included a "Discount Fun Book" that was worth 200.00 (if you used all of the coupons). Also the only resort that has it's own liquor store. Prices were comprable & cheaper than Texas. Only drawback was the quality of food in it's Buffet's. Food was O.K. but not great. Great Prime Rib's in it's Prime Rib Loft though. Very friendly & helpfull staff. If your looking for a LOT of penny & nickle slots they have them! Would stay there again!

19  Thank dblead
Reviewed July 21, 2005

I chose this Hotel to stay in Vegas July 4-8 based on Tripadvisor Reviews. My husband and I are late 30's and were traveling without our children.

We were not disappointed! The location is great. We used our rental car and had no problem getting around (mid-week) although we were aware of the shuttle option.

The service was great all over the hotel. Front desk, housekeeping, restaurants. No complaints at all. We were given a "view" room at no extra charge. We decided to stay an extra night and it was not a problem.

Our room was spacious, clean, quiet, comfortable and arranged perfectly.

We loved the "Prime Rib Loft", "Miguels", "Brendans Irish Pub", "Courtyard Cafe" and the Buffet for breakfast was great.

Can't beat the price for The Orleans. We paid $59 a night for Mon-Friday. I've stayed at many upscale hotels in Vegas and after staying at the Orleans, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The Casino is fun and just the right size. There is also a bowling alley and movie theater upstairs from the casino. We enjoyed the pool one afternoon (it was very hot in July). The service and cleanliness was terrific. Towels and drinks were very convienient to obtain. We used the "business Center" for internet access and it was very friendly, convienient and reasonable. $5 for a half-hour.

We also enjoyed the "Rio" Casino which is close by and off the strip as well. Caught a great show there and played a little at the casino.

We had a great time and definately recommend staying at The Orleans!

27  Thank KentuckyMom
Reviewed July 20, 2005

We spent 3 nights at the Orleans. The rooms were good size, beds pretty comfortable and A/C that worked great during the record highs in Las Vegas. We were pleased that the room was so quiet at night. All of the staff were very friendly. However, the property has a bit of wear and tear - we were on the 8th floor and the carpet could use cleaning or replacing. We ate at the French Market for breakfast - not impressed, the Courtyard Cafe for dinner - good T-bone steak, mediocre deep fried shrimp, the Courtyard Cafe for breakfast - pretty good and they bring coffeecake for everyone, and Don Miguels for Mexican. This was our favorite. They bring not only chips & salsa but also guacamole and refried beans. We thought Terrible Mikes was poor - very dry burger. They also let us check in early with no problem, valet parking service was great. The property has a lot to offer families. We didn't experience a lot of cigarette smoke and our non smoking room was fine. Shuttle service left something to be desired. The shuttle runs every 25 minutes and there were always more people than seats. We ended up using our car. While I liked the Orleans, if I were to return I would be tempted to stay on the Strip just for the convenience.

18  Thank cgrl
A TripAdvisor Member
Auburn, ME
Reviewed July 20, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Orleans from 7/12-7/18/05. It was truly a great stay and a great value. Our room was spacious and spotless, the staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't eat at all the restaurants there, but those we did were excellent.
The only gripe we had with the place is that it needs better ventilation in the casino. The Orleans seems to attract a lot of smokers, and the casino was smokier than others I've been in.
It's not on 'The Strip', but they have a shuttle bus that takes you to the Barbary Coast. From there, you can go next door to Bally's/Paris and get on the monorail.
This place is truly a Vegas gem. I highly recommend it!

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2005

we stayed from 21st june - 30th june. check in took 1 minute, which was great. we had requested a strip view, and got it at no extra cost. we had a 2 queen room (2 queen beds). very spacious. maids came around everyday, and were really great. on the forst few days we went to the courtyard place for our breakfast because we were up early trying to adjust to the 8 hours time difference. til 7am i think the breakfasts were really cheap. bowling was great. we went through the night a few times and it was only around $12 for the two of us having 3 games with shoe hire.

i would highly recommend katies corner? (the ice cream parlour). what a bargain. we got 3 scoops of ice cream in a tub nearly everyday and it was huge and really cheap.

by the end of the holiday we were having more time on our hands as we'd seen what we wanted (sad i know) so we went to the cinema a few times. the seats were really comfy and it was a quite reasonable before 6pm. the popcorn was awful though. i dont know if it is the norm for popcorn in america, but i like sweet popcorn, but the stuff there was slighty salted, slightly sweet. it wasnt nice at all.

the shuttle was great aswell. there was no kind of queue to be honest so if you stood by the front you always got on. we never missed one shuttle and we used it everyday. they run every 15 minutes or so.

taxi cost around $12-$15 to bottom/middle of strip. around $18-$20 to downtown.

by far the best placxe in teh orleans was TERRIBLE MIKES. the burgers are to die for. i'd walk back to vegas for one of those babies. they were gorgeous and really, really cheap aswell.

we never used the pool so cant comment. as we were thirsty all the time we bought a cooler box from walgreens on teh strip. it was a huge one for around $15 and we used to just get ice from near the elevator each night.

to be honest i though vegas would be the best holiday ever, but it wasnt as it wasnt nearly as good as we expected. however, if i did ever return i would stay at the orleans, or one of their sister hotels. the best hotel ive stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2005