The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$129
$147
$135
Venetian.com
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$227
$195
MandalayBay.com
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
$167
$152
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$138
$125
Mirage.com
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$265
$107
VEGAS.com
6,170 results
All reviewsbowling alleyprime rib loftcourtyard cafeoff the stripfrench market buffetfree shuttlemovie theaterbig al's oyster barthe gold coastfood courtvideo pokerpoker roomrooms are largesitting areashuttle servicecoupon bookcoffee table
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2004

We would never recommend The Orleans to anyone who planned to visit Las Vegas. We had made a reservation for a room with a king size bed several months ahead of our arrival. We were given a room with two regular beds. After going to the front desk, we were told that we could get a king size bed the next day (Sunday). The Front Desk told us that people who had made their reservations several months in advance had gotten all the king size bedrooms....we had also made reservations in advance. Our blind daughter accidently dropped her cane down the elevator shaft while getting off the elevator. We immediately went to the Front Desk to ask for someone to retrieve the cane...since this was her independence. Only the clerk that night seemed interested in getting her cane back. But maintainence told her that it was not possible because the Otis Elevator Co would have to come out and retrieve the cane. They promised to place a call on Sunday A.M. to Otis. When we returned late Sunday night after a trip to the Grand Canyon, we spoke to Jeff at the Desk....a front desk manager. He stated he had placed two calls to Otis and that they had never returned his call..but they would try again on Monday AM. We asked if he thought if we placed a call to Otis to explain the urgency of a blind person getting her cane back if they would move faster. He said he did not think so. When my husband returned to the room, he found the number for Otis Elevator and called it. Since it was late Sunday P.M. he got the national answering service for Otis. The gentleman from Otis told my husband that he did not have a record of The Orleans calling for assistance over the weekend and that he would have it IF they had called. Jeff lied to us when he said he had called. The man from Otis told my husband that when he hung up that he was going to call The Orleans. Monday morning, the Otis Elevator Co. retrieved my daughters cane from the elevator shaft. The hotel staff had even told him the incorrect shaft where the cane was supposed to be. When you stay in a hotel room, you have to have trust that the maids can be trusted. We had bought several souvenirs while we were at the Grand Canyon. We had all of them in the same shopping bag. I put the bag intact in my suitcase when I packed to come home. You can imagine my surprise when two of the cutest souvenirs were gone from the bag. The only people in our room besides me and my husband were the maids. I know I had the souvenirs when I got back to my hotel room but I did not have them when I returned home. So based on the in action of the Front Desk staff, the lies that they told us about the room and the Otis elevator, and the dishonesty of the maid staff, I cannot give any kind of positive review of The Orleans.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, TN
Reviewed May 27, 2004

Great value. Large, clean rooms. Not on the strip, but easy access. We stayed two weeks ago and would surely stay here again.

Bosque Farms, NM
Reviewed May 26, 2004

Just got back from the Orleans and everything was great as it has been on my last three visits. I find this hotel clean, friendly, economical and more comfortable to call "home" for a few days than some of the bigger more hectic hotels on the strip.

The restaurants have always had great food, especially Canal Street, and while I'm not a big buffet fan theirs is definitely the best I've been to.

The Orleans' rooms are among the biggest in Vegas and if you ask they are happy to give accomodate any requests you have.

While some people think that being off-strip won't give you an authentic "Vegas experience" I think that the Orleans is big and flashy enough to make you feel like you're in Vegas, not at the Motel 6 in Omaha. The shuttle to the strip is easy to use and free, but I prefer renting a car and using valet parking everywhere I go. When I've chosen to self-park at Orleans I've always found a space close to the door.

I guess you can have a negative experience anywhere, so it's too bad that some posters left the Orleans with bad feelings. However I've never had a single complaint there and will continue to stay there whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed: May 2004
Reviewed May 24, 2004

This is a great casino with great rooms. It is off the strip but there is a lot to do and several great restaurants to eat at. There were a lot of locals gambling here which says something about the gaming here.

Reviewed May 23, 2004

Stayed in Vegas April 9-11th at the Orleans based on previous tripadvisor reviews. It was my first time in Vegas. After walking the strip and casino hopping there, I greatly appreciated the lack of lines and small size of the Orleans. The hotel itself was decent. The room was adequate for the price. The only downsides were 1) the free shuttle line, which always seemed longer than the space available (we just took taxis); and 2) the service was lackluster. Waitresses were slow to bring drinks to the tables and happy, helpful dealers were rare. Just as you found a table where people were having fun, the dealer would go on break. But, on the positive side, there were plenty of $5 and $10 tables all day and night.

1  Thank 123xyz<>