“Old Style but Value”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #55 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My fifth trip to Vegas after previous stays at various Strip locations. I elected to stay off the strip for a change. I booked 12 nights and was disappointed I was asked to pay extra 5.95 a night for 19th floor room... thought I may score a free upgrade for the extended stay. I did get the bar fridge for free as a consolation..

The hotel is old and tired but does a have a bit of character for that reason. I do not gamble at the tables but there was always a very good atmosphere when I was in the casino area.

Plenty of food choices and I was a fan of Big Al's Oyster Bar, Mexican, Chinese etc. Buffet was average but I do prefer my food fresh.

The shuttle service was excellent. I never had to wait any great length of time at Orleans or Ballys.

Housekeeping was very good and I made sure the boss new about the great job the lady did attending to my room (Maria I think). I do have a complaint though regarding the smell of the towels. I don't know if staff smoke around fresh laundry either that or no fragrance softener is used in the cleaning process. Even though all appeared fresh the smell was awful. Surprised no one else on here has commented about it.

A couple of other negatives... I copped some bed bug bites the first night...I had a solution with me that soon fixed that plus daily changes. My safe wasn't perfect and had to be handled a certain way before it would open and close properly. I had a problem once with the toilet not flushing but that was attended too shortly after I lodged my complaint.

Wi Fi wasn't the fastest but was fine for my requirements. Wi Fi was freely available in other areas of the casino and I found sports bet wi fi area very handy in the early hours if I wasn't in my room. The cafe area also has free wi fi.. very handy while you have your coffee and doughnut or light breakfast.

Small liquor store came in handy for a bottle of wine on two occasions and the chocolate shop also came in handy for satisfying my sweet tooth.

In general the staff I dealt with were very friendly particularly housekeeping.

In summary you get what you pay for at this hotel. Obviously it is no Venetian but you don't expect anything like that for the fee. Compared to all casino hotelsI would rate it as average ( I didn't expect anything more) but for the vintage feel and value I rated it very good.

Another tip folks.. October is a brilliant time to go to Vegas. I experienced perfect weather and hardly any queues.

Room Tip: A room facing the strip is better and near the elevator is handy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ozmusicmaestro

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Our 3rd visit was great! As always, the staff was very hospitable! Kudos to the bell services staff, valet attendants, housekeeping (4th floor, Sophia),
& to Bob Marsh (casino host) for handling our room reservations. Looking forward to our next trip soon !

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank HiloCarol
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been traveling to Vegas for a little over 30 years and was somewhat of a “Strip Snob.” I only recently got tired of the crowds and fighting not to get into someone’s pictures so I started to venture off the beaten path. I was very fortunate to find this little gem and now consider it my “home” casino. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the rooms and the Mountain View I was provided.
I am not a big fan of the food choices (although room service was great), but easily went off to China Town or the Palms to eat. Every person on the staff I encountered was very friendly and made me feel special. The cherry on top is the gaming choices of course. :)

Room Tip: If you can - try and get a "high floor" with mountain view. You get a more "homey&quo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Being a travel professional, and passionate about what I do, I found the Orleans to be one of the best places that I have had the pleasure to enjoy out of my many trips there. I was given a room on the 18th floor, the non-smoking floor, I might add. My first impression was that the room was very clean. I checked to see if the carpet looked worn out, or if there were damages to the room. To my delight, everything was perfect. Great bathroom amenities, comfortable beds, flat screen television, huge living room seating area, and a workable desk should I have wanted to work (NOT!!!) My daughter and I were celebrating her 21st birthday, and she was immediately impressed with the decor of the casino and resort. Everywhere we turned, there was something new and exciting to see. Mardi Gras Masks and figures are all over the place, loved the alligator ones at the casino bar. We opted to have dinner at TGIF, however had I had stayed more nights I would have loved to dine at Big Al's Oyster Bar that not only offers my favorite raw oysters on the half shelf, they also offer oyster shots, and even happy hours for those that want to take advantages of attractive specials. We arrived late, and were not able to make the Marketplace Buffet, however the staff had no problems with my tip-toeing in to see what the quality of the food looked like, and what was offered. Food selection offered a great variety, and looked tasty, even though it was the end of the night and they were already closed.
Excellent for families with young children as well. Guests can drop the little ones off at the on-site children's facility, allowing both parents and kids to enjoy time away from each other. Parents can take in a spa treatment, visit the 18 screen movie theatre, or even bowl a game or two at the 70 Lane Bowling alley that is also on site. There is free shuttle service that will take you to the main strip, and for those that prefer to drive their own vehicles, the Orleans is only minutes away. Lastly, rest assured that the Orleans Hotel and Casino is an excellent choice for meeting planners and business travel. With a 40,000 Sq Ft Convention, and Business Center (parking lot is right there, not around the corner as I noticed at other local hotels), the Orleans can definitely accommodate any needs that you may have
Over all I wish that I had had more time to really enjoy the hotel, and I would definitely book here again. To sum it all up, consider the $35.00 per night cost, including a $10.00 dining credit. Now If I could only hit Bigger Jackpot on those penny slot machines lol!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We travelled to Vegas from Europe to get married and stayed a week in the Orleans. It was a really great choice! Extremly professional and friendly stuff, I felt like a very important person. We are comung back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hajnicska
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Orleans has great rooms; the staff is extremely friendly; the gaming is good - and cheaper for most games than on the Strip. I LOVE staying and playing here. I'm not a real fan of the food, but you can always leave and eat elsewhere. We've been coming here for years and it's never been a disappointment. That says a lot for a casino that also caters to families!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbara L
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Traveling from Hawaii twice a year to play in a golf tournament in Las Vegas is my way of relaxing on my vacation. I usually spend 4 days at the Fremont Hotel and Casino located downtown and then stay at the Orleans for the remainder of my vacation. The Orleans staff is very friendly when I first check in and the service levels gets higher along with my stay. My favorite restaurant would be Big Al's Oyster Bar, the food and service is always excellent and is a must place to dine while at the Orleans. My wife and I like to take in a show while in Las Vegas and the Strip is just a short drive from the Orleans making it very convenient. If you're down on your " LUCK", you can always take in a movie or go bowling ( located on property ) to pass the time till you feel your luck will change. The Orleans is a very clean Casino and also provides a very safe environment for their guest and is one of the biggest reasons why I always return.

Room Tip: The rooms at the Orleans are very spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff is very friendly and wh...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends