“Another happy guest of The Orleans”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #57 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 6, 2004

Add me to the long list of satisfied Orleans customers. I was there from 3/28 - 4/02 this year and had stayed there in January of 2003. I really enjoy having a spacious comfortable room that doesnt have that motel room feel. It was really clean, housekeeping does an awesome job every day! I find the beds really comfortable and love being able to open the little window in the bathtub. The buffet was really very good and so was the food in the coffee shop. Everyone is always very friendly and helpful. Was dissappointed that the pool and spa area didnt open until April 1st, our last full day there, but it looks great after all the work has been done and they did inform me that it wouldnt be open until April 1st when I made the reservations. I also have mixed feelings about the construction, more people will discover what I have felt for the last year, that The Orleans is quite a treasure to be found in Las Vegas....especially for the price. I would reccomend to anyone that they try staying there just once, even if they think the strip is the only place to stay! I think theyll change their minds!

• Stayed: March 2004
1  Thank Libra

Glen Ellyn, IL
Reviewed March 29, 2004

Our stay was from Sunday, 3/21 thru Thursday, 3/26. The 18th floor room was wonderful: clean, spacious. Loved the view of Las Vegas through the etched glass window in the tub area. We liked it so much we never went to the Strip. This was our fifth trip to Las Vegas, and the best ever.
The 'perks', which included the buffet, were terrific, the slots were loose, and my wife remarked that we'll definitely do the 'Orleans' again. Bravo!!!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Mass
Reviewed March 27, 2004

After reading many reviews here on Trip Advisor, I decided to stay at The Orleans from March 23 to 27. I checked out the rates on different travel web sites then called the hotel directly to make my arrangements. I arrived Tuesday at noon and checked in very quickly. My room was on the 16 th floor facing the mountains and was large and spotless. During my stay I found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. I went to the French Market Buffet for dinner a couple of times, the meal was a bargain at $ 11.95 .. I found the casino staff friendly as well. The Off Strip location was not a problem as I had a rental car. The Orleans is a great hotel for the money, I would stay there again on my next trip to Las Vegas..

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed March 24, 2004

This is a great hotel for the price ($56 on Travelocity). We were in Vegas with our kids this time for their spring break vacation.
Unfortunately, the pool was closed for repairs (will not reopen for at least 3 more weeks). We were shuttled to the Gold Coast for swimming.
The pool was small and the landscape fountain pumps were making a loud grinding noise.....so not very relaxing for resting or reading. By the middle of April the new pool at the Orleans will be open and it looks very nice. The price for the food at the buffet was fair but the food was only average. The beds were very comfortable (my husband did not end up sleeping on the floor as he usually does when we travel).

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2004

we stayed at the orleans for 5 nights from 1st march to 5th march.we chose this hotel after a lot of research and mainly because of it,s exellent reviews on this site.we booked on line direct with the hotel and paid 65 dollars per night for a room with 2 queen beds.the room was very clean and very large.we found everyone to be very helpfull and the food at the market streett buffet and the courtyard cafe was second to none and so reasonable.we don't really gamble so we can't help much regarding the tables.the free shuttle bus was running every 15 mins or so to the strip[the last one back is at 12.30 a.m though].the only downfall i had with las vegas[it was our first time]was that there was virtually no lager on draught and if there was any it was awfull,so we mainly had to drink bottles.we found a nice irish pub just at the side of the hotel and we got a very refreshing pint of 'carlesberg,lager there.Brendans bar,which is in the hotel serves draught beer but it isn,t good.the hotel had no tea/coffee making facilities so we bought a little kettle from ,wallgreens, for 10 dollars as room service can workout very expensive.all in all this is a loveley hotel and well worth the money catherine, england

Reviewed March 10, 2004

WOW! This place was everything it was supposed to be. We stayed Feb 29th thru March 4th and was very happy with our stay. When we arrived, there was no line at the desk. We were quickly checked in and on our way to our rooms. My group had 3 rooms and 2 should have been kings but were doubles. They quickly had us king rooms a few doors apart on a high floor (we requested a high floor). They did not ask us if we wanted a strip view room like I expected from the other reviews I had read. I had planned to turn it down anyway because I've had strip view rooms elsewhere and actually wanted a view of the mountains. The room was quite spacious and clean like I had hoped. I like large rooms and it was very comfortable. It was just as the other reviews described with the little dressing area in with the bathroom and the little window. The bed was GREAT! VERY comfortable! They should put in another pillow or two. This place has everything! It may be off the strip but you really don't need to leave. All types of restaurants. They had alot of $5 Blackjack tables and $2 Craps if you like Craps but want to play cheap. The bowling alley was nice but when we went to bowl, all 70 lanes were being used by local leagues. That kind of sucked. You would think they would have a bowling alley somewhere else or they would at least keep some lanes for the people staying at the property. Sazios, the Italian restaurant was excellent. The French Quarter Buffet was very good. The Oyster bar was good also but I thought the best buy was the Courtyard Cafe'. Not a buffet (I don't care for buffets much) and reasonably priced. Especially the Graveyard Specials after midnight.
$.99 eggs, bacon... and $1.99 steak and eggs. We all felt like the Casino was pretty easy to get around in. It was a big place but it never seemed to take long to get where you wanted to go. They had a little lounge area with free entertainment and the in house liquor store had prices that cannot be beat. Everyone was friendly and the waitresses outfits are pretty skimpy. What didn't I like?
............... Just a few things. None of the slot machines took or dispenced coins. Most casinos seem to be going to this. I have always liked walking into a casino and hearing the coin hitting the tray.
Things are alot quieter this way. The slots were very tight although one of our party hit for $160.00 once. The slots seemed pretty tight everywhere we went. (2) Their comp system sucks. Even though I won a little at the tables I played quite a bit and couldn't even get 2 small meals amounting to $30 comped. A couple of guys with us spent a total of about 23 hours at the Black Jack tables in 3 days and got offered a free buffet. I was VERY unimpressed. (3) The poker room was locals.
Always pretty full and no-one was having fun. It was all business. I would recommend finding a different place to play poker. I could go on and on but bottom line is that The Orleans is a great place to stay.
Getting to the strip was easy enough on the shuttles. The biggest surprise was that contrary to most reviews, the casino was not smokey at all. I am an ex-smoker and really don't like it, but I had no problems with the air quality in the Orleans. We all agreed we would recommend this place to others and we will probably stay here again!

4  Thank Jim_Julie
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed March 8, 2004

We are huge Nascar fans. We have gone to Las Vegas every year since the race inception in 1997 and have always enjoyed the hospitality at the Orleans Hotel and Casino. However Mark's treatment of my wife this year crossed the line of good taste and light humor and was completely demeaning. My wife always enjoyed the fact that she was remembered, but this year she was mocked and completely embarassed. If Mark and PRN Radio as well as the Orleans Casino do not want people from Idaho to stay there, their wish will be granted. We will not return to the hotel for next years show. I am extremely sorry this had to happen. We are still huge Brendan fans and are very hopeful his jump to the Nextel cup will be successfull.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member