“Great deal!”

Massachusetts
“Great deal!”
Reviewed April 25, 2008

Room:
The room was really big with a view of the strip. The decor was slightly outdated and could have used a little bit of sprucing but overrall decent. However, the water coming out of the bathroom sink smelled like sewerage and we could smell it slightly in the room. There is internet access here but it is $12 per 24 hours. I did not pay it.

Location:
About 5 minutes off the strip but we got the room at a special rate of $30 per day so could not go wrong. There is a free shuttle that runs pretty frequently to and from the strip so no need for a car if you plan on staying close by.

Casino:
The casino is large with several restaurants and, of course, a buffet. We ate at the buffet once for dinner and once for breakfast. The buffet is a good value and offers a large variety of food. The quality of the food was very good.

Pool:
Large pool area with plenty of lounge chairs. There is no jacuzzi but there is a wading pool that is heated and has jets.

Fitness room:
The gym is nice. About 15 cardio machines and about 8-10 nautilus machines. Not bad at all for working off the calories from the night before's buffet. All the machines seem to be fairly new. There is also a nice spa but I did not use it.

Overrall:
If you are willing to stay off the strip this is a great hotel to consider. Look for a special deal on the room as we got our room for $30 per night (weeknights). This is not the Venetian or the Wynn but it's a great cost effective alternative.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Pay for internet access
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ma_mack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Fayetteville, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My hubby & I got married at this hotel 10 years ago and had a great time. Went back last week with several family members and had the worst hotel experience in my life, bar none.

Our first room was fine when we checked in (around 10:30 am). There was a note in the room saying that the water would be shut off from midnight to 6 am. Before returning to our room (around 11 pm) I requested some bottled water, since the water would be shut down. I was told I'd have to pay for it. I could hardly believe it. It did not end there.

We finally got the water and when we got to our room and opened the door, we were almost blown back into the hallway by the sewer smell. The air was thick and the sink was full of sewer backwash.

The staff at the Orleans refused to give us a new room. They sent someone from engineering who stuffed the sink full of chemicals, so now we had a room that was full of sewer and chemical smell. It was definitely not fit for human habitation. The people who came into our room all agreed that they would not stay there, but would any of them help us get a new room? NO!

After more than an hour of back and forth between supervisors we finally got a new room (an ADA equipped room). Apparently, that was all they had open on a Wednesday night. Needless to say, this room was better than the last, but the smell coming from the sink was still bad. I was afraid to say anything, for fear that they'd come put in all those chemicals again. That was even worse than the sewer smell. So we kept the bathroom window open and made sure the bathroom door was always shut. It helped.

We had 4 rooms booked there and 2 were real stinkers. The other 2 weren't bad. But one problem that we all had was from drinking the water (or possibly the ice). Out of 8 people in our group, 6 got sick. I got seriously ill. We are all convinced that it is the sewer/water problem at the hotel.

The sad fact is that the staff at the Orleans plays dumb about all of this. I have since searched and found other complaints regarding this, so I know it's not the first time they've ever heard about it. I also contacted the Clark County Dept. of Environmental Health who inspected and said that it was a violation to shut the water down without notifying them. The supervisor at the Orleans told the DEH that it was done on an "emergency" basis and that's why no notification was given, However, we checked in at 10 am and found the note then, so they had time.

I'm sorry to see what was such a fun place become so dilapidated and run down in a short 10 years...

• Liked — Rooms are big
  • Disliked — The horrible odor that nobody admits is there
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank BabaluTheGood
Nottinghan, UK
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Ok so I was wavering between the 4 and 5 rating and decided-what's not to love about this quirky, fun hotel with all the amenities and service you could need? We got a code and paid $30 a night and for the money I couldn't fault the place- great pool area, good gaming, lots of food options for half the strip price, comfortable rooms- I'm pleased to report no bed bugs even though I have the most sensitive of skins, courteous staff and a positively 'Big Easy' atmosphere. The staff at the TGI Friday are the best you'll care to meet (they train the staff at 7 other Fridays in the area) and would recommend the apple mojitos for $5. We've stayed at many hotels in the world and on this trip our next stops were Signature and MGM grand suites but I would have happily stopped here for much longer. If you can get a good rate and enjoy a slightly off strip experience then this is the place for you! Also go to the $250,000 game show at the Hilton- we nearly died with laughing! You can get half price tickets from Tix4Tonight.

• Liked — VFM
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LauraJHodson
Hollister, CA
Reviewed April 16, 2008

My husband and I booked a room for the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender. The event was held at one of their partner hotels, the Gold Coast. We chose the Orleans because of the discount rates for the event and they offered a free shuttle. The shuttle is a great way to travel to the strip and the Gold Coast. I personally think that they should extend the time the shuttle is in service. The last pickup is 12:30am but they should change it to at least 2am. Midnight is when things are really happening in Vegas.

The room that they put us in was so far away and we had to walk forever. The last thing I wanted to do after walking all over the strip is walk a mile through the casino and another mile to our room. Make sure that they put you in a room close to the elevators.

The room was open and not cramped but the smell of smoke was overwhelming. We were in a non smoking room but the stale scent of cigarettes filled the room. It must be due to poor air circulation in older casinos. The only thing that helped was the fresh air from the small bathroom window. We kept it open the entire time.

We did order room service one evening at about 2am. It was affordable, quick and very good.

The pool area was nice. It had a bar. The hot tub was large and had waterfalls. There a palm tree in the center. The only problem is that children flock to the hot tub. There was a sign posted for children under 12 not to use the hot tub. Nobody from the hotel was there to enforce it. I got several mouths full of hot tub water from inconsiderate youth.

If you are on a budget then this is the hotel for you.

• Liked — The 24 hour room service, free shuttle!!
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in rooms, long walk to room, shuttle should run longer.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank CherryDoll73
NORWALK, OH
Reviewed April 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Orleans last week. The room was large with a nice setting area. The bathroom was big, with good lighting. We even had an instant coffee pot.
The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The only thing I would say is if you are pillow sensitive, bring your own. The pillows were terrible. Also the doors have and automatic closure on them and they slam.

The pool area was great, as was the casino and all of the food.
I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank LEONANorwalk_Oh
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Great race [ackage, Food is good and reasonable, Lots of options, try Big Als for great gumbo, etc. transportation to track on time, shuttle to strip,

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank panzer03
washington
Reviewed April 12, 2008

To make this short and sweet...if you care about a clean, bug free hotel stay...dont stay here. First room we had we found 2 LARGE beetles running across the floor. Complained and they downgraded us to a lower floor level...this was find because we jsut wanted a clean room.

Both my husband and I woke up the next morning with bug bites all over our arms and legs...suprise suprise...the reviews about bed bugs on here are correct. Another reviewer on here complained about the water...he is correct to...the sink water smells like fried eggs. Bed sheets were OLD and mattress uncomfortable.

I have never complained about a hotel before, but I though this was worth complaing about because I would not want anyone else to go through that. I thought we would save some money by booking at the orleans...bad idea.

The people that work in the casino are GREAT and the 24 hour dinner. But the hotel was HORRIBLE.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple