“vacation”

Ranked #52 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Edinburg, Texas
“vacation”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Orleans is a fantastic place to stay in vegas. It is off the strip but no worry they have an excellent shuttle that takes you to the strip and it is great.. The rooms are very nice the beds are very soft and comfortable. You relax so nicely. Their food court is wonderful. They have several restaurants that serve great food anytime you ARE HUNGRY We love this hotel and casino because there are also great slots and poker tables to play at. they also have a nice theater if u want to see a movie and a bowling alley too. It is great to stay there you will love it.
.Gina 525

3 Thank Gina525

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I love this hotel..having a bowling alley and a movie theater in the hotel is great!!!
Plus great prices for the rooms and I always win at the slots!
Plus still close enough to the strip..
You dont need to spend alot to to enjoy a great hotel ans casino.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank dunsplus
Connecticut
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Orleans is a nice hotel located off of the strip. Everyone that works here was very friendly and accommodating.

The carpet in the rooms are starting to look a little worn but everything functions.

Great buffet, bowling, and movie theaters so eating and other than gambling diversions are available

4 Thank C H L
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Costa Cantina has an excellent Jalapeno Margarita. It's tastes are exactly as described in the menu. We always love the Courtyard Grill, open 24hrs. They have great graveyard specials, or you can order anything off the menu. And the menu has almost every type of food. There is a nice liquor store in the casino. We went to watch the Wranglers Hockey game both Friday and Saturday night. We were hoping to see Locke Jillson who played for Cornell Univ, our local college. Because of the NHL lockout, he was no longer there. But, to our surprise. Charlie Cook was playing for The Wranglers, who also played for Cornell. That was a nice surprise and they were very nice, letting us go down to the locker room area to meet Charlie.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sherry5582
dallas
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family enjoyed our holiday vacation to the Orleans Hotel and Casino. The rooms were nice and clean. We had a beautiful view of the mountains and could see the Strip from our window. We loved the bowling alley and the workout room, but we did not use the spa, pool, or visit the movie theater during our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was only one negative, we were not required to show our room key to get on the shuttle, so it appeared like people who were not staying at the hotel used the shuttle to get around town without paying bus fare. Since there was only one negative and many positives, we will stay here again.

5 Thank DallasLuv2travel
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am very pleased with the accommodations at the Orleans. My wife and I have about 4 stays at this hotel, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Buffets are decent and inexpensive. The rooms are very simple but clean, and above all, we love the fact that the Orleans have options other than gambling such as movie theaters, bowling, and excellent restaurants. Although I'd stay at the Aria Resort in a heartbeat (for its modern decor), you will get more bang for your hard earned buck at the Orleans. In fact, we were once given a free upgrade to the penthouse suites which was so cool! Moreover, we especially appreciate the coupons when checking in at the front desk, and the candy apples!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank yankyzboy
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm done with Vegas. It's a town filled with hustlers offering deals with so many asterisks that I'm skeptical of anything anyone tries to pitch me. I'm also not a big gambler. I played blackjack on a machine and walked away after winning $2.00. Yep, not $20.00, but $2.00 which tells you what a lousy source of gambling revenue I am! I mention this to help frame my review.

My wife chose this hotel because it was "family friendly' and we were traveling with my 10-year-old son.

Rooms, as many reviewers have noted, were really generous in size. And it's the first hotel that I've ever stayed in where the bathroom is not next to the door as you enter the room, it's up against the window looking out. We had two queen size beds, although what would have been better, but apparently not offered, was a king with a sofabed for Junior.

The decor of the room and the hotel itself is a tad 70's. That said, the beds were comfortable, the place was clean and everything worked. I have absolutely no complaints about this place.

We paid about $65 a night for our first 2 nights, and then $80 for our third night when we decided to extend our stay by a night. Again, the price paid was excellent.

We also ate one breakfast at the buffett in the hotel for $7.99, I believe it would have been a dollar cheaper had we gotten the casino card. I enjoyed it and thought it was an amazing value, given that breakfast for 5 of us at Mandalay Bay was $90 in the restaurant there.

Checkin took a while, with only one person working at about 11pm on Christmas Day. Why hotels have so many checkin points, but only one person manning them is beyond me.

Location is off strip, which was not an issue for us. They do have a complimentary shuttle to the Strip, which we did not take. (My big fear is taking the shuttle one way, and then finding a huge crowd hoping to come back at the same time, leaving me waiting for the NEXT shuttle or having to take a cab. Again, that didn't happen, but it has happened with other shuttles in the past, hence my skepticism.)

You can book this hotel with absolute confidence, knowing that you'll get an amazing value for your dollar. That said I'm hoping I won't be back, unless my wife drags me back to Vegas without the kid, in which case I'll either say way, way off the Strip at the Marriott resort or find another hotel on the Strip. Price was definitely what took us here.

Also wanted to mention the staff. They were really, really nice in a town that isn't always the most friendly to tourists who they know probably won't be back again soon.

Room Tip: Like so many Vegas hotels, this one has long corridors. If you're close to an elevator, you...