“Expedia Christmas Party”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #57 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had our Expedia Christmas party, Food was great, Great service .
Room was big very clean, Great price , easy check in; Coffee shop was busy due to NRF , But GREAT SERVICE, & good breakfast . will stay again & recommend to friends & family as a great value off the strip

3  Thank Cody50

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Vegas! We really liked Orleans. We made our choice to stay there due to the value, family friendliness, and low resort fee.

Pros: Our flight got in pretty early. We received good service at the bell desk. Went for champagne brunch (pretty good buffet) We were checked in at 11:00 a.m. Which was great. We really had fun at the bowling alley. My son loved the arcade. We really like the vibe of the orleans. Our room was clean and nice. I recommend Fuddruckers for breakfast if you don't want to wait for the buffet to open at 8:00. Chocolate shop is yummy. Gift shop is nice. Prices for food are much better than on the strip.

Cons: location, location, location. If you mostly stay in the casino to gamble etc. and you don't want to head to the strip everyday it wouldn't matter so much, but we are more the see the sights and shop kind of Las Vegas vacationers. So we waited on the shuttle ALL the time. We knew this going in but really didn't realize how much time it was going to take up. If orleans was on the strip I would definitely stay there again. It is just too far off the strip for us. We also waited and waited on engineering to come and plunge our toilet. The second phone call when I said it had been 5 hours since my first, they rushed up there and plunged it in 2 seconds and all was good. That really wasn't an issue for us, it was more the location but that isn't their fault.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Congimama
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The rates at the Orleans are very cheap, but I still expected basic services. We were at the Orleans for a Division II College Basketball Tournament. Our room was very dated, but well maintained and relatively clean. However, the hotel was under renovation and on the third night of the stay, the hotel turned off the water without telling us that this was going to happen. I couldn't get a glass of water in the night and our friend, who became ill was unable to flush his toilet and the only alternative the person at the front desk gave him was to go to the bathroom in the casino. He spent three hours in that bathroom.

The spa was closed during our stay, but the hair salon still offered services. I paid $30 for one of the worst manicures I have ever gotten and had to endure the bad attitude of the woman who gave it.

Another couple staying with our group booked a room for the night before they were due to arrive because they were arriving early in the morning. Although, they explained this when they made the reservation and were willing to pay for the night before they arrived, there were no rooms available when they arrived. They were put in a room in the part of the hotel that was being renovated and had to endure the sound of drilling throughout the day, then loss of heat in the room at night.

Positives were that they didn't charge for valet parking or the fitness center. The fitness center was adequate for a good workout.

Room Tip: If you stay here, book a room on the 21st floor. It is nicer than the rest.
3  Thank Kathy B
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed following your visit. During your stay, we did have an emergency situation that necessitated shutting down the water to make repairs. I am so sorry that you had to contend with this and please extend our apologies to your friend who was ill. Regarding the closure of the spa, we were remodeling the men's side, and we are happy to report that is completed, and it looks better than ever. Again, our apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Please feel free to contact our Front Office Manager to discuss this further.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The rooms are big & beautiful with all amenities, i.e. safe, coffee maker, blow dryer, etc. The rates are among the lowest in town but the quality is closer to the highest. Great restaurants, shows, shops. A huge poker room & casino. Movie theaters, bowling alleys, childrens' activities, senior discount days. Above all, a staff of people who make you feel truly welcome.

Room Tip: Be VERY nice to the front desk personnel, arrive as early as permissible & verbalize precisely y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank pokerpat12
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We always stay at The Orleans when we go to Las Vegas and these are the reasons why: lots of choices for dining, large and clean rooms, great room prices, many five dollar blackjack tables, very courteous and friendly employees, many email offers for those who have a card, movie theaters, bowling alleys, large liquor store, super pool, super entertainment, free shuttle to the strip, and so many other reasons!

7  Thank lane h
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked this hotel because they sent me an offer that I couldn't resist. It was cheap, dirt cheap. I frequent Vegas so I figured why not? I have teenagers so I had read the rooms were spacious but wasn't sure what to expect. Like the reviews said, they were indeed spacious with a sitting area and vanity area. The place is a bit dated but not to the point where it's uncomfortable. The beds were actually very comfortable and we slept well. The only drawback here is the arrangement of the bathroom. I think if you aren't in the room a whole lot, it's a great value for the money. If you like all the bells and whistles, this isn't the place for you. For my group, we just needed comfortable beds and hot showers and that's exactly what we got. The buffet was decent too but a bit much for lunch at $9. I've had better buffets for less. Overall though, we had a great stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I liked that there were plenty of slots and tables to choose from. I readily found my game of choice and had fun playing for two hours.

1  Thank Caroline L