“Good, solid hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Mountain View, California
“Good, solid hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Staff is really kind and knows how to take care of you. Rooms are a bit dated - the carpets can really use replacing - but they are adequate and comfortable. The restaurants are pretty good, especially Prime Rib Loft and Canal Street. Buffet is great for breakfast. The noodles at the Asian restaurant are great as well. Lots of things for kids to do as well - bowling alley, movie theater, arcade.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank koala566

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Dates: 11/21 to 11/25/12
Background: Senior Woman, Solo Trip, 30+ trips to Vegas.

I am not a foodie and basically play slots non-stop and donate my money.

Shuttle from Airport to the Orleans:
(Cost $9 to off strip casinos one way). 8 of us got on the shuttle at the same time. I assumed we would be waiting until the shuttle filled up, but the driver left right away. This was the Showtime Shuttle.

I stayed my last 3 nights at the Flamingo in a “Go Room” which was beautiful, great view. I was missing the Orleans immediately. The Flamingo was great but everything on the strip is over-priced.

Room:
I arrived around 2 pm and my room was ready. I had room 1769 with a view of the mountains. The room was spotless and I like the décor because it has calming colors. The room is not fancy but has a flat screen TV, coffee maker which is a plus.

Hallway: It is time to clean or replace the carpet near the elevators. No big deal to me, but I do think it is about time. The carpets are getting worn.

Food:
I ate mainly at the buffet which was good. I usually had breakfast which was free using my slot points or $4.99 with a player’s card. I would just have coffee, a made to order omelet, tons of bacon, fresh fruit and hash browns. You can’t beat the price. I ate at the lunch and dinner buffet which is cheap and always has a few carving meat stations.

The Orleans’ free Shuttle to strip: I took the shuttle to the strip each day to play slots. I also took the shuttle to Bill’s and walked over to the Flamingo which is next door when I changed hotels.

Most nights I ate at Fuddruckers or subway at the food court.

WIFI – you can use wifi at the coffee shop next to the check in desk.

My favorite Hotel is the Orleans because you don’t feel like a number and don’t feel like you are being ripped off.

The casino was packed during the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Hints & Tips:
Fuddruckers: I always order the kid meal which comes with a cookie. It is enough food for me.
Cheap Store: There is terrible gas station across the street for cheap cig and snacks. Exit the door near the buffet.
Boarding Pass: I checked at SW using my cell phone and printed boarding pass at airport.
Late check out: I requested a late check out and was granted one for 1 pm. After that they charge, but I don’t know how much.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and ask for a strip view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Ron D
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We've been to Vegas a number of times and this was our first stay at The Orleans. The reason for driving there for our 2 weekday-night stay was to meet relatives who were flying in from Florida. They had accommodations at the Paris but we chose to stay off the Strip like we always do and meet up with them somewhere.
Our reservation was for the $35/night rooms (get the B-Connected card). We were given one on the 19th floor (1906) that was quite a ways from the elevator.
The room was nicer than I had expected to get for $35. It was a large room with a king size bed w/ two night stands,desk,dresser and a flat screen TV. Additionally, there was a small couch, coffee table and an upholstered chair. Coffee and a safe were available at no extra charge. No free refrigerator or internet access but they are available as an extra. Bathroom was decent size. I especially appreciated that the shower head was up higher than you usually find. From our window we could see The Strip. The sound of the under-window A/C unit made it a little difficult to fall asleep the first night. There was only one fan speed. The second night we discovered you can open the small window in the bathroom. So we tried that. It worked well enough we didn't have to run the A/C the second night. We've paid way more for less at other places so no complaints about this one.
There's lots to do right at The Orleans, movies, bowling, entertainment, but if you plan to visit The Strip I would recommend using the free shuttle that is available. We did and found it very convenient. After a short ride it drops you off at Bill's Gambling Hall on The Strip and from there you can walk or catch the bus or monorail to get up and down The Strip or head out for Downtown. Getting around The Strip in your car can be a real pain with all the traffic and pedestrians.
Would definitely consider staying here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Joe H
El Segundo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Being off strip you get better values as everyone knows. Someone recommended this hotel while I was at a conference in Las Vegas. I thought the conference hotel at just under $200 per night was too steep. The property is fine...but the rooms are dated and in need of a "refresher". The staff is really good. I have gotten a package deal and discovered that they breakfast buffet did not start to 8am and I had to be at the conference by 8am. They actually comp'd me breakfast in the cafe on the first morning. Food was fine. The way the staff handled the situation/confusion was very good. I did not gamble so cannot speak to that. There is a movie theater attached so I went to the movies one night - very convenient. The dinner buffet was typical Las Vegas...nuff said about that. Yes, I would stay here again but something tells me that there must be updated rooms.

Room Tip: Ask if there are updated rooms?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank nancyesca
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We only stayed here because my husband was in a bowling tournament that was at the hotel. The rooms were very basic, average clean. No ceiling fan which made the air really stale. The a/c unit did not bring in outside air only hot or cold. It was in the 40's at night so didn't need the a/c but the heater didn't really work either. The bed was just ok pretty uncomfortable. The casino was ok, good variety of games and the sports book was pretty decent to watch games. I have stayed at many hotels in vegas and this would definitely not be my first choice. It is located too far off of the strip so you either have to drive yourself and deal with parking down there or you can take their free shuttle which is supposed to run every 15 mins. It drops you off at a weird spot on the strip so you have to walk to get anywhere decent. You can not walk to the strip as it is too far and the neighborhood leaves much to be desired. It is surrounded by industrial buildings and strip clubs. The restaraunts are average, nothing to write home about. Buffet even free isn't worth it. I would only recommend this hotel if you are bowling or going to an event at their events center. Otherwise pay a little more and stay in a nicer room and better atmosphere and much better neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank mstiffanygirl
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I like the Orleans. It's not particularly fancy and has little (if any) glamour, but it's well run and comfortable. The front-desk staff is pleasant, and the rooms are oversized and well maintained. We're not gamblers, so I can't speak to that, but the hotel's buffet has good food (not gourmet) and low prices (get a free casino card to save a buck). Indeed, the buffet's dessert choices -- especially their cakes -- are better than at some of the expensive buffets on the Strip.

My only hesitation in recommending this hotel is if you're not going to rent a car. I understand they run a shuttle to the Strip, but I still think you'd feel a littlle removed from "the action" if you didn't have your own wheels. With a car, it's like 5 minutes to "ground zero" in Vegas. And since parking is easy at the Strip hotels, you're not at any real disadvantage. Room rates at the Orleans tend to be signficiantly lower than on the Strip, so the hotel offers excellent value.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dave's_reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have been going to the Orleans for a few years now. It's always a fun time. We enjoy the tables so much we forget to leave the hotel. That's not a bad thing when you are at the Orleans. You can watch a movie, get some great food , or watch an even at the Orleans arena. The table personnel is always welcoming and very helpful. The rooms are always well kept and the room staff is very friendly. We can stay at other casinos is vegas, but the staff at the orleans has always treated us well. The good experiences we have had their has made us loyal returning customers. We are planning to return in January. Thanks again Orleans staff!

• Stayed November 2012