18,851 results
All reviewsroller coasternine fine irishmenil fornaiochin chinpark avenue roomcentury toweramerica restaurantpiano barspa suiteother hotelsm liferesort feestrip viewsouth end of the stripmonte carlotrip to vegasan upgrade
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband, parents and I stayed at New York New York last week. I did do my research on trip advisor and was on the look out for any negatives on this hotel. We loved the hotel. My husband and I had a strip view room, which was gorgeous. My only complaint would be the television which we only turned on in the mornings for news, so it was no big deal, it is totally outdated. Everyone is now up to date with flat screen televisions. We did have a king bed that was like sleeping on a cloud. The room also had a safe to store valuables. My parents had a non-smoking room and didn't have any complaints either. We did request a small refridgerator for their room because my father travels with medication that must stay cold. After we checked in the fridge was delivered right away (within 15 minutes) and was not charged for it!!! We all enjoyed the hotel and casino very much. My husband and I have been to Vegas several times and have stayed at Treasure Island, Excaliber, Stratosphere, Monte Carlo and Circus Circus. We would only put NYNY ahead of Treasure Island because of the location. When we go back, we will be staying at NYNY. All the employees that we encountered were very nice. America cafe is a very good place to eat, reasonable prices (on Vegas standards) and is open 24/7.....would highly recommend everyone give them a try. Happy Gambling my friends!!!

Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Rhonda777
Reviewed October 27, 2010

After reading some pretty scathing reviews, I was a little concerned about our six night stay, but my only regret is that we had to leave at all. We got there quite late, so there was no problem with check-in queues, it was really quick. When we got to the room we found that it wasn't the no-smoking king-size we had booked, but was smoking queen-size, but there was only the slightest trace of a smoke smell and the room was enormous with great views on two sides (it was on a corner, not technically strip-facing but we could see quite a lot of the strip anyway), so we stayed put. Breakfasts at America were amazing, especially the Steak n Eggs and the French Toast, and we also loved the pretzels, hot dogs and pizza slices available around the hotel. Everyone we spoke to in the staff was really friendly, despite what has been written here. Transport-wise, it's really easy to get the Deuce bus up the Strip from over the road at the MGM Grand, or get the tram from there or the shorter (free) one from The Monte Carlo to the Bellagio. We also did excursions like horse riding, the Grand Canyon and a helicopter flight as well as seeing LOVE at the Mirage. Overall, it was an amazing holiday and NYNY was the perfect place to stay for us.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alvysinger1980
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel looks great online but don't let it fool you. The hotel treats you like a number, no personal service. I felt like they could care less if I ever stayed there again (don't worry, I wont be back). The place does have everything you could possibly want in Vegas: a show, food, drinks, casino... but they forget to tell you that if they weren't in vegas the hotel would be a 2 star..if that! They might as well call this place the super 8 of vegas. The rooms are old, dirty, smelly, dusty, smoky... absoulutely no where near the quality I have recieved at any other 4-5 star hotel across the country. Very noisy at night (yes i know the "city never sleeps" but i need to sleep every once in a while..). Lucky us, we had a roller coaster plowing past our window all day. The screams got old. The pool was nice. I thought there would be plenty of shopping in the hotel..but its just junk (except the Harley Davidson shop :) ). Think souveniers...don't expect to buy anything you actually need. I was expecting a sort of mall in the hotel but it doesn't exist. I will def. be staying at one of the MANY other options in vegas next time. This is not the place to go if you are looking for an unforgettable stay...it will be unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. Nothing fancy about this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kamikaze99
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I just got back and i would be going back again, this hotel was very nice i told all my friends at work to stay at the newyork newyork hotel the clubs were nice, very nice close to all the action on the strip and right across from MGM you will love vegas i ate alot and walk and i love that the set up at the hotel was nice

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sola61
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Love NYNY! I love that there is a lot to see architecurally, Simply love the New York theme, not boring like Pallazo. Also LOVE Gallagers restaurant and the "Bar at times Square" with dueling pianos is a blast. Also upstairs is a little bar called "Pour 21" where you can get a variety of drafts.
There is one thing where there is room for improvment, and that is the pool! Probably the most boring pool in Vegas. And it is also quite shaded! My advise: cover the pool heat the room and have it going all night long!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business