Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
22,272 results
All reviews roller coaster nine fine irishmen chin chin park avenue room century tower america restaurant spa suite piano bar other hotels monte carlo m life south end of the strip strip view trip to vegas an upgrade slot machines mandalay bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was clean, hotel/ casino was not to big to get lost in. Fun shops to look at, easy access to rest of the Las Vegas Strip. Lost of dining options both high end and low end. A cost effective option.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my first trip to Vegas but I had higher expectations for the hotel. NYNY is showing its age. The casino is smoky and seems to have no air filter. My first room was next to an HVAC system that was so loud I thought I was staying at an airport. The second was better (if you like 90’s decor) and it’s comfortable enough, but no coffee in the room? And the ‘resort fee’ is just another way to collect more money from you, without offering any real services. The front desk are friendly enough but very rigid in their policies. I would try a newer hotel next time.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time at New York New York. We came for our anniversary. We rented a car and drove to the Grand Canyon! So worth the drive! And everyone should go to Fremont street. We took an Uber there and back for under $12. So much fun. Also see the Atomic Saloon show but keep in mind it is for 18+ and raunchy and the best show we have seen so far in Vegas! Mostly due to the amount of laughing we did!
New York New York is a large resort with everything you could need. Toms urban was our favorite for the breakfast and the coffee was worth every penny! Rooms were clean and our cleaning lady was great. We opted for an upgraded room. Room 2704 had great views overlooking the strip, the mountains and the airport.
I would say to check your bill on checkout. We were double charged the upgraded room fee ($18 x2) and double charged the resort fee which at $37 x2 is pretty significant! We also had a food credit of $30 per day that was not applied to our bill. We went to the front desk and the lady removed all the charges that were charged twice. It was a difference of $190 American!! Still inconvenient though and it makes me wonder if there were others who didn’t check their charges before paying.
Great stay overall!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barrie_Martis
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I know you can smoke in casinos in Las Vegas...but this entire hotel was thick in smoke - even our non-smoking room just stank.
The hotel is OK - a good location if you are seeing the Lady Gaga show. Lots of eating options - though most are of the faster food variety.
The room was clean though a bit dated.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the New York, New York for the recent CES tech convention. It is hard to find a good hotel for CES - the prices are always outrageous and we were a bit concerned how far it was from the events, but it turned out to be a really convenient spot. There were plenty of busses running to get us to the convention in the morning and always a quick Lyft or Uber ride back at night if needed. I love that the ride share drop-off was convenient right in front of the hotel instead of hidden in the back or downstairs.

Since our flight was arriving in the morning, we paid $20 for early check-in for the first night. Our front desk clerk must have known our room sucked because she tried to talk us into upgrading to a spa room. Really? We are here for CES.

Anyway, we checked into our room and it was tiny. Only one side chair and no desk. We actually unpacked then decided the room was too small for the whole week so we got them to move us. Our new room was way at the end of a hallway, but at least had two chairs and a desk. The new room was much nicer - but my only issue was that I could hear the people on the rollercoaster and could smell food cooking, especially in the morning and dinner time.

Overall though, I would still say New York New York was a good place to stay. It has its own Starbucks and plenty of casual restaurants inside, and lots of other restaurants close by at the Park and the MGM. We didn't make it to Eataly but it was right across the street. It is also next door to the TMobile arena if you are in town for a concert or a hockey game.

• Trip type: Traveled on business