WINNER WONDERLAND

New York - New York Hotel and Casino
Ranked #39 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
bendigo
“First time visit to Las Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was huge. Room was very good. Location in relation to strip was a the bottom of strip but was not a major problem. This place certain goes all hours of the day. Was most shocked to see that they allow smoking in all the public places. This was very off putting, we were unaware of this. It certainly put a small negative about this trip. However overall it was a great place. Must make special mention of Fremont Street( WOW). This place certainly has a buzz about it, great food and drinks all reasonably priced. The small concert that they play at night time on the roof of the malls is certainly worth a look at.
Will certainly go back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,041)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Erskine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Easy to locate and the free self parking is a great bonus. Reception on arrival was first class and made us feel very welcome and quickly got us our accommodation. The room was as Madison suite which was large and provided ideal storage and amenities. The wifi connection worked but was slow. We had to use the wifi in the main floor to do banking business to ensure a full connection.
Eating facilities, which were all franchises were excellent.
The level of service across all areas are to be acknowledged as of a very high standard.
The cost for our 8 nights was extremely reasonable. In some other, less luxurious, hotels we paid double.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very nice. The beds were comfortable. The pool was awesome and I liked the gym. You really don't need to ever leave the hotel because of the restaurants and other amenities available. Self parking was easy. My only complaint was the service in the cafe/bakery at il Fornaio and the noise in the hall at 4AM. I have stayed here before and probably will again. My husband loved the casino. To quote him " they were giving money away!" I don't gamble so I couldn't say but I was take to some very nice dinners so I guess he was winning!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for first time at NYNY over a very busy Labor Day weekend. Having read mixed reviews, I went into the stay with the thought that we wouldn't be in our room much, so it didn't matter. From the moment we checked in I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was smooth, with very efficient and polite people working the desk. We never waited for more than a few moments for an elevator. Our room was quite spacious, with a comfortable bed. The only downside to our room was the tub shower with sliding doors which wobbled around in the track and was very cramped.

We ate in several restaurants, and watched college football opening day games in the sports bar there. Undoubtedly the best sports bar experience we've ever had.

Casino was well laid out, and drink service was plentiful, even at penny slots.

All in all, a great stay, and we will stay here on future trips to Vegas!

• Stayed August 2013
Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

First let me just say that there's a casino/resort for everyone who travels to Las Vegas. We were looking for one that was on the strip, close to the "action", inexpensive, and had a great variety of restaurants. NYNY fit the bill.

We stayed in their least expensive room: the Park Avenue room. It was clean and comfortable. the AC was quiet and worked well. We could hear the rollercoaster but it was distant and stopped at about 11pm. There was no refrigerator or coffee maker in the room, but I understood if we wanted a refrigerator we could request one. I didn't miss having one. The beds were very comfortable and you could request fresh linens each day or just have the bed made. The room photos are exactly what our room looked like. Shower was marble and counter top granite.

Positives:

Didn't hear ANYONE next door or above us. I know we had neighbors because I saw them. It was very quiet at night.

Lots of great restaurants serving a variety of foods at a variety of prices. You can get an inexpensive hot dog from Nathan's or a very pricy steak at Galagher's and everything inbetween. We liked breakfast at the America Restaurant. Two eggs, toast, bacon or sausage, potatoes, and carafe of coffee for around $11. Their fresh squeezed orange juice is the best! Left every time feeling very full and satisfied. Didn't need an all-you-can-eat buffet for $17.

Great staff! LInes for check in moved very quickly. they got everything right the first time. Wait staff at the restaurants were exceptional. Often I felt like I was the only one they were waiting on. They were attentive, friendly, and respectful. I had no problems giving out tips there.

Evening entertainment in the restaurants and bars were great! Everything is pretty open, so you can enjoy the entertainment without the cover charge.

Transportation is great. You can catch the monorail across the street at the MGM Grand to get to the casinos up north, there is a free tram that you catch at the Monte Carlo next door that takes you to the Aria and Bellagio, and there's a free tram that will take you from the Excalibur next door down to the Luxor and Mandalay Bay.

Check out was a breeze. You can do it on the TV in your room. Just leave your keycard in your room and your out. No lines.

They will also store your luggage free of charge prior to check in or after check out.

I loved the rollercoaster!! Short but intense!!

Possible negatives -
Once again it depends on what you want from your trip. We had a room that you could hear the rollercoaster from (they do have rooms where you don't hear the rollercoaster but you pay more) There was no Las Vegas view from our room (you can get view rooms, but you pay more). No refrigerator or coffee maker (you can request a ref but you pay more).

The pool is small and you wouldn't come to this hotel for a pool-scene vacation.

There is an additional $20/per day added to your bill for the use of the pool, wifi, business center (where you could print out your boarding pass) and newpaper. This was my only complaint. They should just add it to the cost of the room and stop "nickel and diming".

Bonus:
To get great deals on your visit, sign up for their MLife card when you first get there and earn points for room, food and show ticket discounts ("comps").

italia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at New York New York Hotel and Casin, after 12 years since the first time.
The hotel is always beautiful, but I think they should renew the rooms, after 12 years all remained still the same.
I had requested a non smoking room and they told me that the hotel didn't had non-smoking rooms .....I can't believe that in a hotel like this ..... there are only smoking rooms!!
When I opened my room, there was a smelled of smoke so strongly that I had to buy an air freshener at the local supermarket ...
I really liked doing the Express Check-Out directly from the room, it's easy and fast .
But if I'll come back in Las Vegas, I think I'm going to change hotel and casino for the night

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

With trepidation, booked a family holiday to Las Vegas with my wife and 11 year old daughter. Stayed at the New York New York which was a pretty good hotel, with a decent sized casino and various food outlets. Across the road from the huge MGM. Went to see three shows, David Copperfield, Jersey Boys and Abba tribute which were all good. Also did two excursions, the first being the Grand Canyon which is over 3 hours away. This was a good tour and far more relaxed than Vegas. The second tour was to Los Angeles and Hollywood booked through the hotel, again over 3 hours away. This was a bit disappointing as you cannot see any of the stars homes in Beverley Hills and a stop off at Hollywood was full of drunks and druggies, people trying to sell things and people literally lying in the gutter. Far from the glamour imagined. As for travelling to Las Vegas with family, it does try to cater with the Coca Cola and M&M stores and some shows, but there is too much of a seedy side with prostitutes, girls to your room, tramps etc which you do not want children too see. The other thing that lets Las Vegas down is the hassle when walking down the strip. People constantly trying to sell something. I have had less hassle in country's that are supposed to be less advanced. If you want a full on holiday and not a relaxing experience, then Las Vegas maybe for you. Seen once, that's enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family