“We had a blast!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“We had a blast!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We spent three awesome nights here with never a dull moment. There is so much to see and do inside this place that you would be hard pressed to even want to hit the strip. We had a very large room overlooking the roller coaster and the strip. The room could use some TLC but you aren't really here to sit around the room. We took in a show, did some exploring and naturally some gambling. The service was excellent throughout our stay everywhere we went within the resort. The food at every venue was great as were the prices. We are definitely looking forward to returning soon and are already talking dates!

1 Thank Lloyd B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,243)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Upon booking New York New York it was one of the cheaper options and I was a little nervous about what to expect. When we arrived it was everything we could have asked for and more!
The queue to check in was a little slow but as the reception is in the casino there is plenty to keep you occupied. The reception staff were very nice and offered us an upgrade to a Strip facing room for a very reasonable rate but we chose to upgrade to a Spa Suite, again at a very reasonable rate.

The room itself was very large, with a giant bed and a jacuzzi in the corner of the room. The decoration was a little dated but for me added to the whole Vegas experience.

The restaurants, a large choice of them,within the hotel were quite reasonable and of good quality, again with very friendly staff.

We opted to join up to the free players club offered by the hotel, this gives you points everytime you play a machine/table at all MGM casinos, on check out we had $70 worth of credit complimented to our room bill (well worth the 5 minutes to join).

Overall this hotel gave us an excellent Vegas experience and we have already booked to return later this year :-)

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the roller coaster and it was very quiet. Some rooms are quite a walk from...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Noreen S, Manager at New York - New York Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic 5 star review of our property! We could not be happier to hear that our property far exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing rooms at a great value, so we are thrilled that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and enjoyed your upgrade. We have so many eateries on property and are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy some of them. As an mlife member you received many perks so you will continue to be glad you signed up! We are so honored to call you a loyal guest and look forward to welcoming you back to New York New York for your return stay later this year!

Best Regards,

Lindsay Canell
Guest Relations
GuestServices@nynyvegas,com
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights in a NYNY Spa Suites as a reward for her playing the MGM "my Vegas" facebook game. The room (it was not an actual suite as the name implies) was clean and comfortable. There was a two person tub next to the bed. The room was a corner room with a view of Monte Carlo out one side, and the pool/roller coaster out the back.

We have been to Vegas over a dozen times over the past 5-6 years, but this was our first stay at NYNY. The casino and common areas were clean and well maintained.

2 Thank 16gauge
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We traveled to Vegas for the first time in July 2013 and I just booked the New York New York based on how nice it looked online and the great rates we received. Most of the "high end" hotels like Paris, Venetian, Caeser's Palace were way out of our price range and was uncertain about some of the budget hotels like Circus Circus and Excalibar so we went with New York New York. It looked like the closest to a 4-star hotel at a budget friendly price. We did not have any issues with the hotel. The entire experience was fantastic! Two things I notice people complain about in reviews are the hidden expenses which if you do your research you would know about. NYNY charges $20 per night resort fee as do most of the hotels on the strip. We didn't get any real perks for the fee but its just one of those things that you have to suck up if you want to go to Vegas. The other complaint I read about is the noise from the roller coaster. Well, our room had a view of the loop of the coaster and the glass was sound proof and we saw the coaster go over and over again and could hear no noise from it. If you closed the curtain you didn't even know it was there. My 11 year old son was glued to the window when we were in the room watching it go over and over and over.....which I found to be better than him being glued to the TV. So don't let the noise from the coaster prevent you from staying here.....there is no noise! Check-in went great...there was a long line when we got there and I thought we'd be in line for a long time but it went very fast. The lady who checked us in was very nice and gave us all the information we needed. Our room was very clean and well decorated. I don't know why people say its dated...I always find it amusing when people book a $70-$100 room and expect to get a $400 room. I found nothing to complain about in regards to the decor, cleanliness and comfort of our room. We were walking distance much of the top attractions on the strip. Even when you go off the strip things here are pretty close to one another. I will give you this tip: navigating around the hotel from the parking garage to the hotel can be a challenge....park on the 3rd level walk across the covered walkway, go down the escalator and you will be on the main floor. Otherwise you have to take 2 different sets of elevators to get from the parking garage into the hotel. We didn't eat here because we had so many other plans but the restaurants looked pretty good. Overall, we had a great experience at NYNY and we would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone and we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you have kids definitely try to get a higher floor and ask for a view of the roller coaster.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank RangerMore
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

have visited NYNY several times over the years with friends for get away weekends but this year visited with my Mom and 15 year old daughter. We were in LV for 6 days with 3 days at Aria and 3 days with NYNY. Mom is a big fan of Aria and is a Mlife member so we were comped the rooms. I am also an Mlife member and was comped at NYNY. My casino host Joe K has always been very helpful in making my arrangements and even provided a limo for our short ride between hotels. There were a few unhappy events. Firstly I did not find the Mlife staff very helpful and friendly. This is the first time I have experienced this at NYNY but I decided to let it go since I was still annoyed by the fact that my Mom had used her express comps to purchase tix to Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love for my daughters birthday. We booked thru NYNY at least 6 weeks before and when we picked up the tix we were being charged. Now I previously had full intentions of buying the tix but the person on the phone actually suggested using the express comps and since they were suppose to be comped it because a point of principal for me. We were asked to speak to my casino host who unfortunately was off the day we arrived and decided to wait until he was available but that did not happen so we spoke to a lovely woman name Lee A who did not make us feel as if we were pulling a fast one on NYNY and graciously covered the tix. So problem solved. My other issue was at Nine Fine Irishman which I will cover thru my review of that restaurant. We had a Players suite which included the jacuzzi tub that my daughter took advantage of every day. Room was clean and we had a view of the mountains and roller coaster but did not hear any noise while in the room. I think the rooms could be updated a bit , Over all I have always enjoyed this hotel and it is geared mostly towards family and my daughter thoroughly enjoyed her first trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: become an Mlife member to receive offers.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rollotomasi
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great Value, price and clean rooms and ease of access to amenities... friendly staff! Great food! Little pricey on pizza! Pool was ok. Wish patio was complete at Foriano...need to make use of space ...remove majority of video games...

Room Tip: Get one by elevators!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
St. Louis
Reviewed July 23, 2013

New York New York was great! Beds were so comfortable that I wish I knew what kind they were to purchase one for my home. So much entertainment and choices of food. Location is right off the highway. It was easy to get to without having to drive down the strip. (outside of the construction that is going on)