“Welcoming Atmosphere for the Traveler Looking for Fun”

New York - New York Hotel and Casino
Ranked #53 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I could not have been more pleased with my room at New York, New York. It was spacious and well-appointed, with easy access to plugs, although I found the clock radio hard to operate. The bathroom was also large, and the whole room was cleaned well every time. I found the casino fairly easy to get around, unlike other Las Vegas hotels I have stayed at, where I usually get lost trying to make my way (even sober) back to my room. The fitness center was crowded, but had a very good variety of equipment. The hotel staff was super-friendly, and I definitely felt welcomed. I was one of the unusual souls that travel for work, and I had a lot of problems with the business office, but the average traveler would probably not be similarly hampered. Check in and check out was slow, and I was happy to take advantage of one of the numerous express options for check out.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank NJ2theworld

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was a little worried when we checked into our room because the roller coaster was right outside our window. I was afraid it would be really noisy. But it wasn't. We really didn't hear it at all. We were also worried about the noise with our room being next to the ice machine but again our room was very quiet We had a nice big room with comfortable beds. The best part was getting a buy one get one breakfast each morning in one of the nice hotel restaurants. It was a great way to start each day. We always like to stay on the strip so we are near the action. This hotel was at one end of the strip but it was easy to get up and down the strip with our 24 hour bus passes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna49341
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over Veteran's Day weekend. When we arrived, we discovered that we had accidentally booked the wrong date when we made our reservations online (careful with the pull down menu and online calendar- it will automatically reset to the next day). Even though that was our mistake for not double- checking, management waived our resort fees and gave us a reduced price on our Saturday night stay (which would have been 2 1/2 times what we paid for the other nights).

The room was comfy and clean. We were in the 27th floor of the Chrysler building. We slept well in the comfortable bed and the hallways were quiet.

We ate at several of the restaurants on the property. I had breakfast at Il Fornaio (Italian) every morning, which was fabulous, but a little pricey. $16 for scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, potatoes and coffee. We also ate lunch one day at this same restaurant. Also pretty expensive for lunch. But the food was excellent.

We also ate at Broadway Burger. We each had bacon cheese burgers, which were very good. The burger alone is very filling and you don't really need sides.

Finally, we ate at Gonzalez y Gonzalez, which had great Mexican food. Large portions and great service.

Zumanity is a show being performed at NYNY right now. It's a cirque du soleil show. We didn't see it this time, but we saw it about 5 years ago and it was great.

The casino has table games and slots. They do have $5 blackjack tables.

The location is very convenient. There is a walkway to Excalibur and one to MGM Grand. There is also a monorail that takes you to various hotels on the strip.

Probably my only negative experience was dealing with the salon. I figured since we were on vacation, I would treat myself to getting my hair done. I tried to book a reservation, but was told I had to pay for the service in advance to secure my spot and that it was non-refundable. That is ridiculous. They couldn't give me a final price because it depended on the length and thickness of my hair ( I was on the phone). But my card would be charged the "base price". If I came in and wasn't happy with whatever additional I would be charged after consultation and decided to leave, they would still keep the "base price" but I wouldn't be charged anything else (how generous). I assume this crappy policy is why they had a reservation available immediately.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friend and I came here in October as part of our girly trip away, 4 days in LA and 4 days in Vegas.

The hotel was amazing, my first time in Vegas and I was overwhelmed! We thought we had to pay a daily fee but it was all included in the price, as is the wifi.

Our room was on the 19th floor and pretty much as far away from the lift as possible which was a bit of a nightmare!

On the first night we went to the Coyote Ugly bar, don't remember much so it must have been a good night!

The next night we recovered and walked up the Vegas strip and checked out the hotels (not as grand as I imagined, I much preferred ours!).

Then we decided to go for it and we spoke to a girl who worked for a company that organises trips to clubs in a limo. We paid $40 each (we got her down from $50 each) and we met up in a bar on the night along with about 20 other people then we got into a limo and were taken to 3 different clubs. Would definitely recommend this, the company is Party Rock Vegas, check them out.

Just be careful when walking places, it's a lot further than you expect! The hotel itself is in a great location though. If I was ever to go back to Vegas again I would definitely go back to the New York New York, couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: One that is closer to the lifts, we had to walk about 10 minutes to our room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KRUpton
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I tend to stay here a lot when I come to Vegas, primarily because they send me complimentary room offers but because I always enjoy myself. This visit I was lucky to be upgraded to a corner suite with two walls of floor to ceiling windows overlooking the roller coaster. The view was awesome since I could see the MGM Grand, Excalibur, and Tropicana. The convenience of having restaurants right downstairs means you can always grab a quick bite to eat without leaving the hotel. There are plenty of games in the casino to keep you busy for as long as you like and the waitresses come pretty frequently. Try hot chocolate with Bailey's in the morning, yum!

New York, New York will always be on my list of good strip hotels!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel feels smailer ( not small ) than the other large casino hotels nearby. Easy to navigate and find elevators, etc..not so in some others. It does not have any shopping to speak of- Crystals shopping center is a brief walk though. NY NY has only a few dining choices- Steakhouse, Italian and some smaller "faster" food places. The deli "Greenbergs" was good as is Il Fornaio- Gallegers looked great- just didnt try it this time.
The room was great- 22nd floor- Hottub, :Large screen tv, bose stereo, over 700 sq ft. Very nice to relax in!

Room Tip: As high as you can afford
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at New York, New York, Nevada from November 6-10, 2012. We booked through Air Canada and rented the spa suite. Very nice. I don't know what all the bad reviews were about, I was pleased with this hotel and casino. The Italian restaurant had excellent service and the food was great. The servers in the casino were quick and friendly although the slots weren't very friendly at all. I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple