“Amazing hotel and great deal”

New York - New York Hotel and Casino
Ranked #46 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Amazing hotel and great deal”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with another person from july 18th- 21st and I must say it exceeded my expectations. I read several reviews that bashed this hotel and saw many people complained about its location and the pool and what not...but this is VEGAS. This hotel did its job and more. The rooms were all upgraded with modern finishes and were furnished very well. This hotel does a great job of replicating new york city. The restaurant, American, though it had a cool theme and design, was disappointing. The food was blah, nothing to be excited about, but the prices were fantastic for Vegas. The locaton is a bit south but everything is still attainable and its not as far as Mandalay Bay. The customer service was fantastic, everyone is there for the customer which is refreshing. Everything was very clean and maintained and the employees seem to know what needs to be done to assist in their guests vacation pleasure.

The pool is small yes but my friend and I never had problems getting a beach chair and we went everyday around noon-1. I would say the pool could be deeper but lets face it, most people dont "swim" hungover. Just a nice oasis to get some hydration into your skin after 20 beers the night before. This hotel hit its mark, 5 out of 5 stars and two thumbs up. Everything is reasonably priced, staff is great and the casino is very well organized. Definetely will be staying here again!!!

Room Tip: Use Bookit.com....got my room for 40$ a night!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,197)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
michigan
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We decided to try the other side of the strip than we had previously. This time it didn't take forever to get out, the people were friendly, there was food (reasonably priced) and the rooms were just remodeled.

Room was clean despite the previous people coming back in after it had been cleaned between guests and left their garbage strewn throughout the room and bathroom area. Shame on them. We were on a no smoking floor where someone decided who cares and was within an hour of lighting up, moved to another floor where smoking was allowed.

Food was available all hours of the day, though I must say my favourite was the pizza place and the deli where food was awesome, hot and abundant.

Despite smokers being on the gaming floor, it really didn't hang like other hotels and for being allergic to smoke I really appreciated the trouble they went through to make sure it didn't stink like smoke.

The only thing I was not happy about was the "resort fee" for internet, and a newspaper we really didn't want. This was another 120$ for the week we did not expect. Someone said it was optional, they said no,it is not optional. This nickle and diming is just sad.

The pool was being worked on while we were there. We were offered 2 other facilities where we could go, yet when we finally could go, it was cold and windy.

Watch how much special attractions are. They like to bundle things and may end up costing you at least 10$ pp. (PS one trip on the roller coaster is not worth the $)

The nicest thing about the hotel was the location. There was a small grocery across the street, more food, bus lines were readily available and apparently the area where most people were.

Skip renting a car, this place is on the major arteries of LV bus lines. We would go here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ablackram
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We didn't like staying here. Room while clean, was dark, with a very small window and felt small. Ammenities were poor. The pool did not have great sun exposure and I didn't like the roller coaster going by so close. However, the location is decent, near the heart of the strip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tortitabby
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My Wife And I As Well As Another Couple Visited In March 2011. Our Third Time At NYNY And Our First Time In A Spa Suite. Quite A Pleasant Surprise. Check-In Was A Breeze And The Room Rocked. As Usual We Had AN AWESOME TIME! We Are Returning In The Fall. A Special Thanks To Our Host Johnny Kincaid For All His Extra Care And Effort. He Really Deserves A "Pat On The Back" From Management For A Job Well Done.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel itself was amazing. found the bars and restaurants in the hotel a bit expensive. We went to 9 fine irish men had 1 course which was quiet small and 2 beers each. cost was 75 dollars which i felt was quiet expensive. i won 200 dollars in the casino which was quickly taken back off me upon check out when i found that a phone call to dublin for 13 minutes cost me 93 dollars and another call for 7 minutes cost me 44 dollars. extorcian in my opinion. Room was a little dissapointing to, we booked the second best type of room which was very basic and also the sink was in the bedroom which i dont like at all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolinemc94
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We left the Conejo at 6:15 on July 17th and were merrily sipping champagne at Bellagio at 10:45. After brunch we checked into our Room at NYNY and were upgraded to a larger room on the 29th floor over looking Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd. We took advantage of a players club offer that included free play, dining discounts and upgraded room from te standard for $29 a night plus the now becoming standard resort fee. The room was clean with a great Samsung LCD tv. Service was outstanding during our two day stay with the room cleaned up everyday before we returned from our mid-morning forays into the heat. We are frequent visitors to Vegas and long time members of the MGM Mirage players club. Stay at any of their properties and you can charge dining or events at their other properties to your room. Join the palyers club to receive special offers every month if you like their properities.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed July 29, 2011

It was my first time going to Vegas, I decided to stay at the New York New York Hotel and Casino because I got a great deal for a weekend there. Honestly, I wasn't disappointing. This Hotel had something for everyone, not to mention it was like a gate between two strips (neighbors Excalibur and MGM Grand).

It's located at the top of the strip, which is very convenient, and has several exits to get to wherever you need to go. Great restaurants in their food district ( I had the Breakfast there, the Pizza place was amazing and also had the Mexican restaurant, although I can't remember any of the names.) There is also the Rok Vegas bar inside, and it is a fairly decent club. All You Can Eat Pancakes for 9$ were worth every dollar.

We got a room with a magnificent view of the strip, but my other two buddies got a view of the outside of vegas facing the mountains. I though that was a bit of a kill joy, however I didn't really bother much because my room had an amazing view. The rooms were very spacious as well.

One unique thing about this hotel was the roller coaster, which was a lot of fun. I went once before my evening started, and I guess that's what I needed to get the adrenaline pumping. I'm exaggerating a little, the roller coaster wasn't extreme, but definitely gives you a rush.

The downfall was maybe the pool area, it wasn't that great at all, and the Cabanos were way over priced. There wasn't much sun beating through, and even though it was a relatively sunny day, it was mostly shade there. Solution: Go across the street to Excalibur, they had a great pool side area there.

When it all comes down to it, Vegas is Vegas, you'll never really run out of things to do, but more so run out of energy to do it. As my next trip, I probably won't go back there, but only because I'd like to expirience another hotel, I would go back for the deal I got it for (Stay+Plane+Cirque Ticket 530$ for 4 days)

Room Tip: Broadway Suite
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends