Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
28,293 results
All reviews lazy river wet republic food court huge hotel m life other hotels new york new york long walk strip view casino floor mandalay bay hakkasan vegas monorail shows gambling mlife
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came to Vegas for fun. Loved the Losers bar. Great band. Sorry the pub was gone. Need more late night food chooses. Stayed here in September of 2019 saw the Eagles was Great May be coming back in November for my birthday .

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had family visiting and decided to take them to Vegas before Christmas. It was their first time to Vegas and I was hoping to make it memorable. MGM Grand had a good deal going on their room rates and I reserved two rooms with a strip view. I even called ahead to ask for adjacent rooms and was told they will put in a note. So much for that! Arrived at the hotel shortly after check-in time. My first impression? There was a line at check-in but only 4 of the over 10 or so counters were open. Not a single staff at the counter had even a smile on their face! Come on people, this is Vegas! Supposed to be fun, right? Anyway, after about 10 mins at the counter, I was told we cannot get adjacent rooms, not even rooms on the same section of the floor!! And for having booked a strip view room, we got rooms on the 26th floor which was nice - until I realized there isn’t really much of a view because the glass had advertisement stickers on the outside, so the view was blurred (see pics). The room was clean and spacious enough, which was a relief.

The casino at MGM is one of the bigger ones I have seen on the strip. The buffet was expensive for the kind of food and choices offered. Especially for vegetarians, there is very little choice and definitely not worth it. The dessert station was good. There are many other restaurant choices around the hotel.

Overall, not really a wonderful experience right from the start. I am not sure if it was because my expectations were high for a MGM hotel. Or maybe, because I had far better experiences at other places on the strip. The age of the Lion is beginning to show in this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice rooms. Good staff. Inprofessional dealers at day shift dice tables, pool should be open later, buffet for dinner had very tough beef, sports betting area is nice Seats are comfortable Chinese restaurant is exvellent

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

MGM Grand was awesome, friendly. When I visit again I will stay at this hotel. The staff was great. Hotel is huge. Food was excellence. We enjoyed 2 shows there [KA] along with the clubs in the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Bad: We didn't have a good experience at this hotel. We had a room with one king sized bed. It didn't feel clean. The bed was made (at least they have that going for them), but the floor felt and looked dirty with spots. The walls had many marks, the paint was coming off the drawers under the TV, there were small holes in the wall around the outlet panels.

The room smelled dirty and the bathroom smelled a little like sewer water - even after multiple flushes. The showers "H" for hot made the water cold, and the "C" for cold made the water hot.

We went out for the night, and when we came back, the sink top and glass shelf connected to it was flooded with water and it dripped down to the floor. Our stuff on the shelf was soaked. It turns out that the sink was leaking at the point where the faucet meets the wall the whole time we were out.

The Good (which brought this review up to a two-star rating): they have mobile check-in. After waiting in the mobile check in line for 25 minutes, we were greeted with a friendly woman at the desk.

I would not recommend this hotel for staying in. I won't be staying at this hotel again. I would rather stay across the street at Park MGM, or the other hotels around even if it meant paying $100 more per night.

Trip type: Traveled with friends