27,138 results
All reviews lazy river wet republic food court huge hotel m life other hotels new york new york long walk trip to vegas strip view mandalay bay hakkasan casino monorail gambling mlife las
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Heading to Vegas at the start of a trip, we needed a hotel to stay at. Heading to Vegas at the start of a holiday, we needed a casino. We wanted to be on the Strip, but not too far from the airport so that we arrived fairly quickly.

There were a few different options considered but in the end, we settled on the MGM Grand.

The taxi from the airport swept into the forecourt and we stepped out into our first taste of Vegas. We were immediately greeted by hotel staff and asked if we wanted help with our bags. We politely declined and headed inside to check in.

The entrance lobby at the MGM Grand is enormous. Immediately you are greeted by a golden replica of the MGM lion, Leo, in the middle of a flower bed. The opulence of the reception area lets you know immediately that you are in Vegas (if you'd forgotten).

Even though we arrived at night, there was still a steady stream of people checking in, checking out, or just with general questions. As a queue built up, it was good to see more reception staff come to the desk from the back office area so that no-one seemed to be waiting for more than a few minutes.

Having booked on-line and used the MGM app to check in, we were able to use the Express lane, which very quickly saw us being welcomed to the hotel. We were given a few bottles of water to drink (never underestimate the need for water in Las Vegas!) and given a handy map to guide us around the hotel (yes, it really is that big). We were encouraged to take in the Cirque de Soleil show while we were staying there (from only $69) and told how to reach our rooms. The staff member who served us, was great, if a little over exuberant. Getting off a long haul flight from the UK wasn't the time to try and up-sell me, but he didn't know that.

We followed the instructions on the map and were very quickly moving up the lift in the Grand Tower. Staying on the 21st floor, we had a great view of the strip from our room, and arriving at night meant that we really got the full impact.

The room had two Queen size beds (note - American Queen size beds are larger than European / UK ones) which was more than adequate for the four of us. There was a large bathroom, plenty of storage space, a safe and a large screen TV.

To be fair, being in Vegas, we didn't use the hotel room much apart from sleeping but none of us could complain about the quality of the sleep we got. The air-con is controlled in room as well, so you can vary that to suit your own needs.

The level of service around the hotel from staff was great too, from the welcome we received on arrival to the way we were treated at departure.

We stayed here on a room only basis. There are dining options in the hotel, but none attached to price.

A couple of gripes on my part though. Firstly, some of the staff working in the retail units can be really in your face, especially when they are selling beauty products. There is an awful lot of hard-sell going on which does get on your nerves.

Secondly, sometimes the housekeeping response time was fairly slow. On our last day, we had two minor incidents which needed dealing with. Firstly, the batteries failed on the safe. Despite reporting it, and being told it would be dealt with in 10/15 minutes, it was nearly an hour of sitting around waiting, without any feedback from the hotel. I get that delays happen, but we should have been kept in the loop. Also on our last day, housekeeping missed off our room, so we were left with a pile of wet towels on the floor. Again, a quick call to resolve, but again another hour waiting for any kind of response despite being told someone would be with us in 10/15 minutes. Just little things, but not great customer service.

So, bottom line, would I stay here again. Yes, in a word. I'd like to try other Vegas hotels, but I would come back here.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank yorkie1973
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great property for either business or leizure. The service is great, rooms are clean, plenty of wonderful restaraunts. The casino is ok... I say that as I'm not a smoker and I guess all of the casinos have the issue of smelling like smoke (yuk). Great place still though.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International
1  Thank montyd65
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I checked in Mgm casino on sep 12th 2019 and suppose to stay until Sep 16th 2019 for my friend Bday. Shortly after I checked in that I started to cough, mostly due to heavy smoke smell in casino area. Next morning, i went to checked out the hotel and explained the lady who was helping me why I was checking out early. She helped me checked out and charged me for one night only. Just to make sure, I called their billing office to confirm that only one night stay was charged on my credit card. Recently I have noticed that Mgm has charged me $780 on my credit card on Sep 16th, 2019. I tried to reach their billing office but no one was picking up calls and it’s just so frustrating. I don’t understand how they able to charge my credit card again even after I have already checked out my stay. I am going to try to contact their billing office again but you should aware their wrongful charges. So make sure u check your credit card statement after your stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love Vegas and I usually love the hotels and all their tackiness and gaudiness. But the MGM grand doesn’t have any real theme to follow so it’s just bland compared to others. And this weekend, it seems to just have drunk groups being loud and obnoxious.

Our room has a connecting door to the next room and so their super loud music and stench of beer is seeping through easily, which is a shame. Because the room is large, beds are comfortable and the bathroom is huge, and these features are the saving grace for the MGM Grand for me.

The pool area is incredible - so many pools including the lazy river. They’re not particularly kid friendly though.

There’s lots of restaurants in the MGM and should suit any appetite. Lots of shows to go to as well. It’s got a lot going on!

Check-in staff were very friendly and welcoming.

I won’t stay here again but it certainly meets the needs of younger groups looking to party. May they have fun!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank KTandP
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rooms were good, food at restaurants was good. Casino looked nice overall. Not sure why all the power recepticals in the room were so loose - all power plugs just fell out so working and charging devices was a slight challenge.

• Trip type: Traveled on business