25,860 results
All reviews lazy river grand king room rainforest cafe wet republic david copperfield food court huge hotel m life other hotels new york new york an upgrade long walk trip to vegas strip view slot machines mandalay bay hakkasan
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2016

The MGM Grand is definitely a hotel for the summer. It has an amazing rapids pool and the pool parties are excellent. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to couples of families, it's definitely more suited to groups of friends.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Dear Luke C,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have shared. We are glad to hear you had such a tremendous time and enjoyed every aspect of our resort; from our pool to our atmosphere. We hope you have a pleasant day!

Reviewed September 14, 2016

My wife and I were visiting the MGM as the first of 2 stops on our honeymoon. To give some context to my review we are a same sex couple (not that this should matter in this day age) We got a taxi straight to MGM and headed to the check in line, this wasn't huge and took about 20 minutes to get the check in clerk. She found our booking and questioned why we had booked a king bed so we were on honeymoon (this was not to brag or get anything for free. I thought it would be a politer way of pointing out we were gay) she responded to this information with a filthy look and no further acknowledgment of what had been said, no apology for the assumption she had made or anything, instead she demanded our credit card and payment for resort fee. Needless to say not a great start but we aren't the kind of people to let one ignorant person ruin our honeymoon. Located the room quite easily and it was a bit of walk but wasn't an issue as we are both quite capable of walking! Room was nice but no view or anything special to speak of. Cleaned daily so no issues there. After getting unpacked etc I decided to tweet MGM regarding our experience to which I received a standard PR response and when I questioned this I received no response at all!!! I gave up after this once I realised that the MGM didn't care at all! The casino etc was ok, not the best and little to no waitress service while gambling. In fact I don't think we were approached by a single waitress while gambling there. Other hotels were much better so we spent our money there instead. The pool was nice and we easily found beds each day but NO shade as they want you to pay for this! Other Vegas hotels we have stayed at at least have a basic umbrellas for guests who don't want to burn! We enjoyed our time but this had nothing to do with the hotel. We've stayed at the Luxor before and they offered much better service for a better price!!

Visited August 2016

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jhill_1985

Dear jhill_1985,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. We would first like to apologize for the service you received upon your arrival. This is absolutely not an example of the service standards we hold ourselves to. Rest assured, our management will be addressed concerning this issue. We hope this does not discourage you from staying with us in the future, as we would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you n the future through our exceptional service. Have a pleasant day.

Reviewed September 14, 2016

At MGM, we had group reservation. 43 family members and friends stayed there for 3-5 days. Almost everybody was disappointed with their poor hospitality, poor attention to complaints about rooms eg; lamp not working, shower not working, no hot water in shower. Not all rooms, different rooms with different complaints. Some rooms air conditions did not work properly. Sad part is despite high charges , they could not even provide simple coffee maker. Bottle of water in room cost $ 6 per bottle. We had rooms in "West" which were 1.5 times higher charges than other part of hotel. I would never stay at MGM again.

Room tip: Not sure as this is 5000 rooms hotel. They have different wings with no view to good view. Eg despite what I paid, I had view of roof view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mina O

Dear Mina O,

We sincerely apologize we have left your family disappointed with our resort in many different aspects, specifically your guest rooms. As we take our guest's concerns, we will be sure to address your points with our management teams as we continue to improve for our guests. We hope you have a pleasant day.

Been here for the past two years for 7-8 days stay each

The rooms are spacious , beds and linen are well maintained, separate lifts for separate sections of the floor helps to reduce the waiting time

The hotel is huge with lots of things to spend time on

Has good collection of restaurants to choose from, Pubs & Lounge Bars are in plenty so are the Cafe's. There is also a small fast food corner within the hotel which has a few good options to choose from (if you are into fast foods)

If you plan to use mini-bar, you might want to state it when you check-in as the mini-bar is usually remote locked. It would also attract some tax of USD 40 just to open it (not a deposit - but a fixed price to just to make it available to you)

The Casino's are in plenty within the hotel and its heaven for smokers as they can smoke anywhere in the casino area within the hotel

I enjoy my stay here and its my first choice of stay in Vegas

One point to look out for is to make sure you confirm your room the day before you arrive - just in case , I have had an instance where they let me know that the room was not available for a day out of 7 - of course I got my free drink coupon and a standard room, but beside that point, good to re-confirm

Room tip: Higher floors are better (17 upwards)
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear starkreality121,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have shared. We are glad to hear you had such a tremendous visit and found lots to do within our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and creating, yet another, fantastic visit!

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

My last review on MGM was a major problem for MGM it was so bad even a VIP manager took charge of my complain and spoke with us numerous as we decided to give them another chance

Then comped some
Service added plying credits

The room
Was a queen wellness room NO view the air purifier had to be turned down at night due to the loud noise it made the shower and sink backed up with brown water the fixed it quickly
all
The staff where friendly and even security will
Smile and talk to you i think it's (LISA) the Watters working out section was Amazing still remembered our drinks

All the front desk staff at the gold counter were friendly and professional

Over all I will
Go back as the pool and cabanas are
Great but I will
Always check my room and check in if its
Not clean and
Don't be scared to approach manager house keeping to
Get things fixed
Or cleaned

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank bcamron

Dear bretkero,

We appreciate the feedback you have shared with us. We are pleased to hear we were able to meet your expectations this time around and leave you satisfied with your visit. We apologize we fell so far short previously; however, we are glad to know we made up for it. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.