MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
  • Restaurant
Rodeway Inn(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
20,069 results
All reviewslazy rivertower spa suitegrand kingrainforest cafewet republicdavid copperfieldfood courthuge hotelm lifeother hotelsmonorail stationwest towermini barnew york new yorklong walktrip to vegasan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

As a person who has significant allergies and asthma, I was very intrigued and even excited about the idea of staying in the Stay Well rooms in the MGM Grand. I made my reservation and looked very forward to the experience; I could not have been more disappointed

It all started off on the wrong foot. Knowing that the MGM’s website promised a special and private registration for the Stay Well guests, I wanted to be sure of where I should park. I called the 800 number and was told that there was no special check in area for the Stay Well guests. The person who answered the phone continued to maintain this position, even after I challenged her with the fact that the MGM website states that there is.

When I arrived at the hotel, it was very busy. There were long lines to check in, but since I was told that I had to check in with the main registration desks, that is what I did. When it was finally our turn, the first question was whether or not I wanted a smoking room. This came as an odd question given that my reservation was for a Stay Well room. I made the mistake of responding “no, I’m in a wellness suite” to which she laughed and was very condescending when she made sure to tell me that I wasn’t in a suite. From there, things went downhill fast. She continued to be rude, didn’t tell me anything about our room, or even where to find the elevators. We had to ask someone handing out flyers to one of the shows for help.

When we got to our room, it was beautiful, but we didn’t know how to operate any of it, or even know what most of the special features were. I called down and learned that there is in fact a separate check in. I went down to see the staff there and what a difference that made! The check in lounge was quiet and calm, and more importantly the staff was kind and friendly. They apologized when I told them my story and even removed resort fees, which I greatly appreciated.

The next day I was not feeling well at all. It never occurred to me that it could be anything in my room. After all, I was staying in a Stay Well room with hypoallergenic bedding and a very good air filter… right?
In the middle of my second night sleeping in my Stay Well room, I was anything but. My eyes were swollen, I was having difficulty with my asthma, and my allergies were out of control. My boyfriend was also having difficulties; he also has a lot of allergies. We couldn’t figure it out - until he fluffed my pillow for me and feathers came out! He looked inside the pillow case and there was a layer of down feathers on the pillow! I am very allergic to down! How could the MGM possibly advertise “Hypoallergenic bedding that offers you peace of mind knowing that allergens are kept at bay and skin sensitivities will not be irritated by potent detergents or bothersome fabrics” and use down pillows! It never occurred to me that I would have to request hypoallergenic pillows in a Stay Well room!

It is sad really, because they got the BIG things right. The room is beautiful; the entire floor is great. The unique amenities in the room are perfect for someone like me. The staff in the Stay Well lounge were amazing and I met some of the friendliest housekeeping employees ever. But it is the “little” things that made it miserable. Giving out misinformation on the phone, being rude and unhelpful when I checked in, having allergy ridden pillows to rest my face on – were all bad enough. To make absolutely everything ten times worse, the manager we talked to about the situation made no attempt to listen to me, to hear what I had experienced, or more importantly to ask how he could make it better. All he did was gave us a food and beverage credit as if we were complaining because we wanted something. We were “complaining” because we needed a different room now that the one we had was full of allergens, and because we wanted the manager to know how things went so that things could be better for the next person. He made it clear he did not care. The way he handled the situation will be the biggest reason we never go back.

Room Tip: Ask for hypo allergenic pillows in advance, check in at the Stay Well lounge which is to the right of the bellmans' stand in the main lobby
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank worldtraveler93
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a good time at MGM. It was very busy there and great for people watching! The room was spacious, beds very comfortable and clean. Only complaint was that the casino was a bit too smokey. Easily connects with New York New York. Check in was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank vamosahora
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear vamosahora:

We are delighted to know you had such a pleasant stay here at MGM Grand. Visitors can relax and unwind in our beautiful accommodations, or immerse themselves in the frenetic glamor of our unparalleled resort amenities and casinos for an experience that is second-to-none. For those guests looking to explore the city, our convenient location on the Strip is well situated for venturing out.

Please know your complete satisfaction is our mission, so we regret you found concerns with our casino air quality. We value your opinions in this matter, and will continue to enhance our efforts to improve all facets of the guest stay. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our trip to Las Vegas, went to see our daughter in a show and brought our other kids as well, ages 16 and 22. Love the hotel! Comfortable, clean, safe, lots of things to do. Pool area and lazy river fantastic, food court handy, 22 year old had fun at Wet Republic, Hakkasan....note to self, never travel to Vegas with 22 year old again....out until 5 am pretty much every night, doing what 22 year olds do in Vegas, taking up the whole bed on his 16 year old brother, drunk snoring, sleeping in his dress clothes....had to make him promise to not drink until after his sister's show on the day we went to see her....yeeesh. He loved the hotel too, we will definitely be returning to Las Vegas again soon and will stay here again! 22 year old son....you are on your own for your Vegas trips!

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank surfsunsand
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear surfsunsand:

For the high energy party enthusiast like your twenty two year old son, the nightlife allure of Hakkasan, and the pool party atmosphere of Wet Republic simply cannot be resisted. For a more relaxed approach to the Las Vegas experience, MGM Grand offers a diverse collection of other amenities, attractions, and entertainment options to satisfy nearly any taste or preference. There really is something for everyone to enjoy at MGM Grand. We appreciate you bringing your family to see us. Rest assured we will strive to continue to meet the needs of all ours guests, no matter what they may enjoy.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

For rest and relaxation, this is the ticket!
Great rooms, friendly staff, a real treat even if you are going for a conference.
Must do - Atelier tasting menu, drinks poolside, lazy river and spa treatments
Interesting level of service - the Health and Wellness Floor .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Artemis-APG:

Not everyone comes to MGM Grand for the exciting buzz and energy our alluring nightlife, action packed gaming, and glamorous entertainment provide. They may instead come for the reinvigorating respite of calm and relaxation our highly touted Grand Spa and innovative Staywell rooms and suites provide. We also offer a delectable array of dining choices, from quick eats, to elegant gourmet. Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

MGM Grand is one of the best hotel in the world. I was for the Floyd Mayweather fight. I met many celebrities in the box and community. It was awesome. I will recommend this hotel. I stayed in one of their suites 26 239 great view of the city.

Room Tip: no microwaves, small trash can
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ddduncan117:

Thank you for enjoying some of the high profile excitement that makes MGM Grand the true Entertainment Authority of Las Vegas. We strive to bring our guests the best in attractions, service, and accommodations, as well as spectacular big name concerts and events. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation, and look forward to serving you again soon.