“Another awesome concert stay”

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #80 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've stayed at the MGM for concerts previously. This time was a really great experience. We had a room in the Grand Tower. While the view was not good (roof of next building), the room was spacious, very clean and well laid out. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were ok (I'd prefer having a choice of down or not-down, soft and firm as I am particular about my pillow). The bathroom was comparatively large and very clean, also. Because it was a holiday weekend, check-in was a bit of a bear. Lines were extremely long, but moved along rather quickly. They had large containers of lemon-lime or watermelon water that you could help yourself to as the temps were in the 90s.

Room Tip: If a view is important, don't take a room on the 4th floor of the Grand Tower. But it is great...
1  Thank worldtravelfreek
Write a ReviewReviews (18,929)

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Spent Memorial Day weekend at MGM and saw Fleetwood Mac. There was also a large event Saturday night so the MGM was packed. Had a great time and the MGM staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a big Vegas experience then this is the place. Nice rooms nice pools nice bars huge casino and a fab concert experience!! The only negative was the ice machine couldn't keep up with the party!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank bealuckydog
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

1 hour just to check in.
Everything smells cigar.
Drunk prople walking everywhere.
Far away from Vegas main attractions.
Room needing maintenence.
Poor and dirty neighboorhood.

In Vegas, stay at Bellagio, Caesers, Aria, Cosmopolitan, Wynn, but not here!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank SkyTeamPlatinum
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The MGM hotel is a very big hotel. The room I had was all brand new from carpets to wallpaper. The room is a good size and cleaned every day by very helpful maids. The MGM has about 5/6 pools with a lazy river and there is plenty of room for everyone. There is music played at most of the pools but there is a quiet pool if needed. This is my second hotel I have stayed in Vegas and have been pleased with both 4 star hotels. I would stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was newly decorated which was perfect.
1  Thank raq69raq
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I attended a conference at the MGM Grand, along with 14,000 colleagues. The hotel was very nice, the rooms large and well laid out. The hotel was overhauled quite recently and they did a great job. Generally, as Vegas hotels go, I would say this one is pretty good. I will stay here again when attending another conference. Vegas itself, I would be happy to skip, but that's another story.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first stay at the MGM Grand, but I don't know if it'll be my last. I tried to check in at the airport like they boast being able to do, but the kiosk wouldn't let me do that. I went to the hotel at about 2:00pm to see if I could check in and was met with a line, but it moved pretty quickly since they had multiple desk agents and two women helping move things along. The man who assisted in checking me in was friendly and within 15 minutes of getting in line I was heading for my room. The room was nice. Clean. I had to call to get my mini bar unlocked, but she took care of it quickly. The bed was comfortable and although I didn't have a premium view, I did have a decent one. I could see the Tropicana, Mandalay Bay, the tip of the Luxor pyramid, Excalibur and the Statue of Liberty at NY, NY. The bed was comfortable, which was a total plus, and I appreciated the black-out curtain. I sometimes have a hard time sleeping and having the black-curtain meant I wasn't waking up at the crack of dawn. I also liked the convenience of the kiosks in the lobby for printing boarding passes.

Now, I'll get into why I couldn't give my stay more than 3 stars. I already mentioned one of them...the inability to use the kiosk at the airport. Another was that they allow large groups of people just hang around the casino with their luggage and take up slot machines without using them. I encountered at least 3 groups of people, ranging in numbers from 4 to as many as probably 15. Just sitting around with their luggage, taking up room in the casino. They certainly didn't give the area a friendly vibe. Also, the buffet was less than good. I went through only one time and after only finding a few things I wanted to eat, I left maybe 20 minutes later. I didn't exactly get much for what I paid for because the stuff that was available that I liked or could eat wasn't very good. Next, check out was bad. I tried doing video check out from my room, but it didn't work. I tried using my cell phone, but that didn't work. I finally had to call the front desk, which really defeats the purpose of having in-room check out on the TV. I also couldn't figure out the air conditioning so I couldn't turn it on.

Overall, I guess it was a pretty good stay and I would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter. I requested a room with an epic view, but was told at check-in that it was a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights a couple of weeks ago. The service at check in was quick and pleasant we got a free upgrade as my brother was staying at the same time and he asked could we be on the same floor so they gave us a room with two beds not one . The room was really nice and a decent size. I never made it relax by the pool so not sure what they were like.
There are plenty of food options in the MGM restaurants can be quite expensive, I am vegan so I went elsewhere as there was not many vegan options on the menus, ( tip for Vegans -- Head to the Wynn hotel there is a vegan menu for every single restaurant in there).
We attended the grand buffet at brunch this was courtesy of the hotel for a mistake they made, I expected a higher standard of food to be honest but this was brunch and not dinner.
as part of expedia package we got free tickets for the Cirque de Soleil Ka that is on at the MGM , I'd give it 6/10 I just found the story line was hard to grasp and understand and it did not flow, some of the moves in the act were good.
Also the cardio room is too small for the size of the hotel , there 10-15 pieces of equipment and far more people wanting to use them, to use the gym in the spa with weights and cardio you have to pay $15 per day.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade to a bigger room, my brother asked before he even arrived and he got there and th...