“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ontario, California
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. We did get an upgrade to a suite, which was quite nice. Though I'm not giving 5-stars because it took us 45mins to check-in. The line was ridiculous and it's obvious that they are understaffed. Even if you wanted to leave your baggage at the bell desk, it was a long line. I was disappoint that they took away the lion displays.

The good:
- moderate size rooms
- huge jacuzzi spa in the bathroom and lots of bathroom amenities
- modern decor
- clean, fresh, comfortable linens and bed
- access to lazy river in the pool

The bad:
- access to gym require additional fee (don't know what my resort fee pays for)
- in the room we had, it only had one window on the bedroom side, so the living space looks really dim
- 45-mins check-in time

Overall great place to stay with access to many food options, including food court style food to elegant top chef restaurants.

Room Tip: Get there early to get a good room.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TLL441
Lori P, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear TLL441:

Please allow me to apologize for the excessive delays encountered during the check-in process. I can assure you this type of wait time was anomalous in nature, and will be scrutinized for best practice implementation in the future. I am pleased, however, that you enjoyed your newly remodeled Tower Spa Suite. Spacious and lavishly appointed, our rejuvenated suites in the Grand Tower are the perfect way to unwind after a long night of Vegas style festivities.

The closing of our Lion Habitat is just another facet of the extensive renovation process that is currently ongoing at MGM Grand. Head trainer Keith Evans will continue to care for the lions at his large desert compound here in Southern Nevada, where the animals have actually spent the majority of their lives. Several years ago, MGM Grand and Mr. Evans established a trust fund to ensure that the lions will receive proper care for the rest of their lives. Of course, the lion will remain an icon and logo forever associated with the MGM Grand trademark.

Overall, it would appear your time spent here was enjoyable. We were grateful for the opportunity to serve you, and hope that you will select MGM Grand the next time you visit Las Vegas.

MGM Grand – Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've never had a problem staying here but this time the front desk really disappointed me. Other than that, the food was amazing, nice room, most staff is very friendly.
The bar staff in the casino are amazing. Especially Tony, Dave, Vat, Dejan and Jimmy.
I went for business but stayed for a few extra days because I love the MGM and although this time I wasn't as happy as other times, I will most likely be going back, especially if they resolve my check out problem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Angie K
Dear TripAdvisor Member:

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for any complications encountered during the checkout process. At MGM Grand, we continually attempt to extend every courtesy to our guests in all aspects of their stay, from the time they arrive in our main lobby, to the moment they settle their accounts at departure. It grieves me to learn that this intrinsic aspect of your stay left an undesirable impression, especially when so many other facets of your visit proved successful.

We are honored by the loyalty you have demonstrated to our property. If you choose MGM Grand as your travel destination again, we will do everything in our power to provide the kind of outstanding service experience your devotion merits.

Gratefully,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Certainly would recommend the hotel and restaurants to all even with families. Our conference was sold out, we were in lines for quite a bit of our "free time", so time management was an issue due to the volume of people breaking together. The staff was very helpful most of the time, there were a few instances of impatience and dictatorial behavior during the session breaks that was irritating and became overwhelming after the first few times it happened. Plan for more time than you think you need and make reservations a day or two ahead of time as the restaurants can be very difficult to get into. A good conference and would recommend the venue to any who required a small to large arena.

Room Tip: The air conditioning needs to be set a little lower than 70, 68 kept us cool and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear L O:

Although many people see MGM Grand as a leisure destination exclusively, we are one of the only Strip resort properties ideally suited to host convention groups of any size or proclivity. From our spacious and modern conference center, replete with its own extensive food catering and concierge staff, to our free Wi-Fi access throughout the property and highly competitive group rates for attendees, MGM Grand provides the perfect setting for companies of every kind. Plus, with amazing ancillary venues like our Grand Garden Arena and Grand Pool complex, convention members can experience the very best in business and pleasure, all without ever having to leave the airy confines of our resort. Even if an event is being hosted at another location, MGM Grand is perfectly situated at the southern end of the Las Vegas Strip, with easy access to the citywide monorail service, a twenty-four hour taxi line, as well as shuttle and limousine transportation.

So, no matter what the occasion, MGM Grand is the place to stay in Sin City! We are grateful you came to this conclusion as well, and hope to see you again soon.

Milledgeville, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wonderful over all experience. The Hotel and Staff did and are great. Will be back. The games were fun the food wonderful and the rooms perfect. What more can I say. We stayed in room 21-141 and it was beautiful and had a great view.

Room Tip: My room was perfect room 21-141
Dear John P:

We appreciate the concise and enthusiastic review of our property! Although there is plenty more to say, there’s even more to do here at MGM Grand. From our exquisitely renovated Grand Tower rooms and suites, to the many lauded restaurants and eateries dispersed throughout, to the exciting entertainment and nightlife venues found within, MGM Grand has it all.

Thank you for being our guest, John! It was privilege to serve you.

San Diego, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the room and hotel staff. Even though the MGM is not located in the center of the strip there is so much to do at the hotel and not to mention the tram is right across the way! The hotel staff was very accommodating! I'm definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Casa Grande, Arizona, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Being in the hospitality industry I am very careful when I book my trips. I searched for a couple of weeks before I booked a 2 night stay with MGM as they had a wonderful deal, 2 night stay with a $75 F&B Credit. Let me just say I would have paid more to stay somewhere else. Check in was good, because we arrived early and paid there $20 early check in fee. Worth it to not stand in line for hours. We reserved a Grand TK room, and we were given a Grand TK room only problem is the pictures of the room online were not the same as what I had checked into. No Couch, mini fridge locked, ironing board falling apart, but who needs an ironing board when your iron does not work anyway. I called the FD to ask if it was possible to upgrade to a nicer room, would have paid too. I was told they would call me back with some options, no call. I then called for a new iron, it never came. To say my wife and I were dissapointed in the quality of the room and service is an understatement. Vegas I will be back, But MGM you have lost my business due to the lack of your FD staff's abillities, a customer paid upgrade could have been an easy solution . You make more money and a guest that is spening money becomes happy as well. It's a win win!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Francisco G
Anchorage, Alaska, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The room was was clean and comfortable. I loved being there with my family. We had a great time at the Rain Forest resturant. It was perfect for the children. My family and I always go there every year. Keep up the good work!!!. I miss the Lions though. Hope you will have more live animals to be seen at the MGM. Thank you for all good work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family