“Huge Place, Lots To Offer, Well-located on the Strip”

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Huge Place, Lots To Offer, Well-located on the Strip”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here one night in a petite king room. It was small but quite adequate to our needs. King bed, very up-to-date bathroom, large screen TV in the bedroom area and a small TV behind the mirror in the bathroom.
The complex is under renovation so a little awkward getting out to neighboring facilities, but that's only temporary.
We walked away winners from the slots.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg S
Lori P, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Greg S:

The MGM Grand team is committed to providing unparalleled customer service and the finest hotel amenities to our patrons. An unmatched guest experience is our objective. Observations and comments like yours help us assess our progress toward this goal.

We hope you come visit us again very soon. There is always more to see, more to do, and more to experience!

MGM Grand – Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix US
Reviewed March 25, 2013

In 2006 I stayed at the MGM Grand and splurged on a Spa Suite. What a waste of money. The room decor was an atrocious blue and gold decor stuck in the late 80s, the king bed was saggy, bed linens were thread bare, the TV picture was faded & fuzzy and the spa tub did not work correctly the entire time we were there (the hotel was sold out - so they couldn't move us). Swore I would never stay at the MGM Grand again. Fast forward to 2013, my sister was celebrating a birthday and really wanted to stay at the MGM since that's were the concert we were going to was playing and she didn't want to stumble/cab it back to another hotel. LET'S HEAR IT FOR SECOND CHANCES! Originally, we had reserved a Queen Executive Suite but by the time we checked in,none were left and they upgraded us to a Spa suite (The Front Desk clerk was very friendly, apologetic for the inconvenience and efficient in getting a new room quickly) . The large room is beautifully decorated in a grey/purple motif (The pictures used on the hotel website are a very good representation of the room design), The King bed is soft but supportive but the big surprise was the pullout bed from the couch. We weren't 5 minutes in the room before Housekeeping came in and set up the pullout for us. It was extremely comfortable, no bar in the back, and it conformed to my body like a Tempurpedic. The bathroom is a haven in of itself with. The Spa Tub is so big you can invite two of your closest friends to join you and still not touch each other. The only critique I have is in the separate shower, a ledge for the ladies (or guys) would be a great addition.
The Resort itself is very engaging. Anything you could want or do you can do at the MGM. I personally miss the Lion Habitat but KA is a great show with amazing acrobatics and artistry, the Truffled Potato Chip appetizer at Wolfgang Puck is marvelous! You would think a dish deep fried and covered in blue cheese sauce would leave you a little ill but the ingredients are of such great quality, I could eat a whole plate without a second thought. We went to the buffet for breakfast (If the lines are long, there are self serve kiosks were you can pay for the buffet, by-pass the cashier and go straight to the hostess for seating) it has your usual breakfast buffet food however, best cheesy grits this side of the Mississippi so load up my grit lovin' friends. Overall- a very good experience and I'm glad we gave the MGM Grand a second try.

2 Thank TripTreasures
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Would I stay at the MGM Grand again? Yes, I would. Is it my first choice among Strip hotels, no. The service was great, except for the one extremely rude cocktail waitress I had to deal with while playing roulette. I really don't have anything nice to say about her so I won't say anything at all.
The rooms were nice and comfy. Not too small. The bathroom was clean but the water pressure sucked. You had to turn on the shower 10 minutes and let the water run to avoid taking a cold shower. Wasteful. But hey, a lot of things in Vegas are.
The MGM is huge. Too big for my liking but it had an awesome pool and a ton of great restaurants. We dined at Diego's and Nobhill Tavern. Both were delicious. Diego's came out ahead on service and value. Plus, their Margaritas are phenomenal!
As far as location goes, it's in a prime spot. Close to Tropicana, New York, Aria, Caesars, Planet Hollywood, Hooters, Harrahs, Bellagio. We walked to all of these. Vegas is what you make of it. But I don't recommend staying more than 3-4 nights. After 5 nights at the MGM my whole body, mind and soul are on sensory overload!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear mammatea:

Thank you for sharing your insights. You sound like a seasoned traveler and someone well accustomed to visiting in Las Vegas. That makes your feedback all the more poignant.

We appreciate your gracious comments regarding your dining experiences. Diego and Nob Hill Tavern are both excellent choices among a host of exceptional restaurant options. It is also great to know that you enjoyed your accommodations. Luxury and comfort are important to any hotel visit, so it is encouraging to know that you found satisfaction in your rooms. We do regret the plumbing issues you encountered. Rest assured that this is a matter we will investigate, and we do attempt to eliminate wastefulness wherever possible. We are also glad to hear that you found convenience in our location. As you noted, a substantial portion of the Las Vegas Strip is in comfortable walking distance from the MGM Grand. We also offer a variety of transportation options for the ease of our patrons.

We apologize for the service shortfalls that you encountered with a member of our Casino Cocktail staff. Rude service is never acceptable, especially in an atmosphere designed to promote fun and recreation. This is below the service standards we aspire to provide our guests, so rest assured we will make every effort to apply corrective measures.

Thank you again for your comments; your feedback is most welcome. Please come visit us again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was year 2 for me at MGM during NCAA Tournament, our stay in the signature towers was fantastic, the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping were fantastic and always very helpful! The sports book is a fantastic place. The service from Micheline was FANTASTIC she kept us on our toes and helped us have a great time watching the NCAA games. At the craps tables, Michael Thomas and Nick did a great job made the tables fun and kept players comfortable. The renovation looks great and is very easy to navigate while keeping the flow of traffic moving. I am very excited for my next visit when the new club is open the DJ line up can not be beat.

MGM was able to keep my attention, and maintain my comfort. I did not see the sun until I left for the airport, I checked out a different Casino each afternoon but quickly returned to MGM. As funny as it is MGM has the best Vegas "smell" not too much, and never smelled of smoke as other hotels do I was comfortable with someone smoking right next to me at the table I was amazed! The music playing throughout the casino is fun I noticed many times always because I was pleasantly surprised.

All in all, it was a phenomenal trip the days went fast, the nights faster, sleep was lost and great times were had. Thanks again to the whole MGM crew! Top to bottom great service!

Note for the ratings, I did not have any SPA services, TripAdvisor did not let me un-click it, IF my wife every comes with I am sure we will check out the SPA.

Room Tip: Get to the Signature towers, the walk is a little longer but the rooms are great and the service is...
1 Thank Dan K
Dear Dan K:

We appreciate your review. At MGM Grand, we focus on guest enjoyment above all else, so making certain you are comfortable, as well as providing you with a truly unforgettable visit, is our objective. Every one of our team members is an “Entertainment Authority” so whether you spend time at our Sports Book, our table games, or any place else, you can expect involved and attentive service.

We also appreciate your comments regarding our “Grand Renovation.” The results are already impressive and conspicuous throughout our property. With the highly anticipated addition of the truly extravagant Hakkasan, our multidimensional nightclub, MGM Grand will once again dominate the nightlife scene. There really is so much to see and do here. It’s no wonder that many of our guests never leave, and those that do quickly return.

Studio City
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The rooms here are so small. I know there are newer rooms but I did not get one of them. When you enter the room you walk straight into the bathroom that has not door. There is glass door for the toilet that makes you feel you are in a bathroom stall. The sink looks like it belongs on an airplane. Ladies the lighting is horrible forget trying to put on your makeup. there is no good light in the room. I realize the hotel does not want you staying in your room but this was almost depressing. It reminded me of an inside cabin on a cruise ship. The air conditioning vent is next to the bed, at first I thought it was a nightstand. So this things blows out on you all night Almost did not see the small window in the room. No natural in the room I was in,. If you open the window a building is blocking any light. If you don't put the heavy shade down at the the green from the building is in your room. I do have to say it was clean. The safe is the closet was so small. No room for a laptop. The cocktail service while you are playing sucks. these people tend to favor the customers at the card tables. My bed was not comfortable. I did get a buffet included with my reservation so that helped.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary W
Dear Mary W:

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent visit to MGM Grand. Comments like yours shed light on the issues and perceptions of our visitors, and we greatly appreciate them.

We regret that your assigned West Wing accommodations and provided in-room amenities were not to your satisfaction. Our West Wing rooms, also referred to as Petite King Rooms, provide a stylish and comfortable modern design for our guests. They are also conveniently set toward the Strip side of the hotel. Intended for the single guest or traveling couple, West Wing rooms are highly requested by many groups for their decor and location. For a more traditional accommodation experience, you may wish to consider trying one of our newly upgraded Grand Tower Deluxe rooms, or any of our Grand Tower suites. These rooms are also very popular with our guests, and may suit your needs more affably.

We further lament the Casino Cocktail service shortfalls that you encountered. Timely service is important, especially when trying to fully enjoy your gaming sessions. These difficulties are indeed unfortunate, and we will investigate them to better prevent their reoccurrence.

We value your insights and concerns, and thank you for offering them in an honest and straightforward manner. We hope to be given the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just stayed here on a guys' trip to Las Vegas for March Madness. Our room was great (newly remodled). The one thing to know about this hotel is that is is MASSIVE. We have stayed and several of the strip properties but none of them are as big as the MGM. It is a fairly long walk to get to your room from anywhere in the casino. We were there at a busy time and didnt hang out at the casino too much because it was way too crowded compared to the hotels around it. I already have reservations at this hotel for another trip in May and can't wait to be back at the MGM.

Room Tip: Get one of the newly remodeled rooms.
Dear RxTravels:

We would like to thank you for your generous remarks regarding your recent visit to MGM Grand. With so much to offer our guests all in one location, our pedestrian friendly property allows us to provide the complete resort experience.

March Madness is definitely a popular time to visit Las Vegas. Tournament excitement creates a frenetic and electric atmosphere, especially in our Sports Book and Casino. But extraordinary events occur often here, so there is never a bad time to visit MGM Grand.

We look forward to your return in May, and thank you again for your patronage.

|Coleraine
Reviewed March 25, 2013

What an Amazing trip, came over from Ireland for my first trip to Las Vegas, everything was perfect really enjoyed my stay here. Room was perfect and cleaned everyday, will definately be staying here again. Thank you for making my first Vegas experience a very pleasurable one.. :)

Dear gazw99:

We appreciate you choosing MGM Grand for your first taste of Las Vegas adventure. Initial impressions are critical, so every guest experience must be top notch. Meticulously maintained rooms, premier amenities, along with proactive, involved customer service is our standard.

Your stay should be special, whether you are a first time visitor, or a frequent return guest. We look forward to your return. There is much more to see, and much more to do!