“It's different” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 266 Hotels in Las Vegas
Parker, Colorado
“It's different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The MGM is different, in a very good way. It's been a few years since I last stayed with MGM and I've had the opportunity to visit twice in the last few months. Once in May at The Signature (with family), and last week at the MGM Grand Hotel (solo). This place feels a whole lot different to me than it did some time ago.

The renovated king room that I stayed in during this visit was comfortable, well designed and clean. The casino was exciting and the staff accommodating. I was trying out a couple new games and strategies and every dealer and support member was friendly, helpful and patient. In fact, every team member throughout the entire facility was as friendly as one could hope for. I received a couple calls from the staff (front desk?) inquiring about my comfort and satisfaction. The restaurants were immaculate and the food was outstanding.

Overall, I was very impressed with my entire visit and I have all the confidence that this has become the new standard at MGM. I would easily stay at either The Signature or The Grand again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JRP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,719)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Took the family to Las Vegas so the wife and daughter could go to see Teresa Caputo the Long Island Medium. We stayed at the MGM Grand Casino and the rooms and restaurants were all xlent. check in and out was very good. the taxi cab that picked us up at the airport and took us to the MGM left alot to be desired as he dropped us and sped off leaving us in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic arriving in the MGM drive up. Definately will return to the MGM on my next trip to Vegas..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I just returned from a wonderful stay at this hotel. From the moment I entered, the staff rushed to offer assistance with anything I needed. I found that everyone’s attitude seemed to be “What can I do to make your stay better?” As a disabled traveler, this was much appreciated. Anything I needed, any question I had, everyone was available to assist. I can’t say enough good about the concierge service. They are wonderful! Housekeeping is superb. The room was spotlessly clean.
The only negative thing was the Arena staff. I attended a concert there and everyone from the box office staff to the Arena staff at the concert were rude and dismissive. I was given incorrect information about accessibility and made to feel like a nuisance when I requested assistance.
Despite this, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. In fact, I don’t see myself staying anywhere else when I visit Vegas again. The hotel is wonderful and the staff are just great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the MGM Grand in a newly renovated suite. Had a great view, very comfotable room and very spacious. Bathroom was large with walk in shower and whirlpool tub. Other than being at the end of the hallway, away from the elevators, which probably helped to make it quiet, great experience..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank STEVEN D
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the MGM Grand for 7 nights at the start of November. Check in was great - really quick and efficient. Tried for an upgrade and was told to beat it! Oh well..... We were in a luxury king which had been renovated. The room was a great size, very clean and modern and the bed was very comfortable.

We used the Starbucks every morning for a cup of tea but although the hotel has lots of restaurants (which looked great), we never ended up eating in any of them as we always wanted to be closer to the main action on the strip so left every night to eat elsewhere.

The location of the MGM is my only gripe with the hotel. With it being at the lower end of the strip, it felt quite far away from the better hotels up at Mirage / Caesar's / Bellagio.

Value for money was excellent but in hindsight I would have paid the additional £100 ish per head and stayed at the Mirage.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here on my 21st birthday. First we waited in line for about a half hour to check in. The front desk person could tell it was my first time in Vegas and he attempted to screw me out of my suite that I had reserved and paid for 6 months prior to the trip by telling me that it wasn't available and that he was going to bump me down to a small king (The smallest room they have). He claimed that when you reserve a room its only a request but not guaranteed. I stood my ground, called him on his crap and told him that i had reserved a suite and thats what I want. he went to talk to his manager about it for like 5 minutes and then came back and boom!! the room magically became available.
We paid for late check out (3PM) and we checked out of the room and left the hotel at 2:50. The next day I noticed a charge on my credit card for $109, plus my $30 for the late check out. I called there financial services and waited 20 minutes to talk to someone about it. they said the maid staff entered my room at 6 that night and my items were still there. I told them this was obviously incorrect as we weren't even in Las Vegas at 6 and they said to give them 2 weeks to investigate and they will call me. I gave them 3 and had to call back because i never received a call or my money back. During this call, they finally reimbursed me.
I was awarded a half-compensated one night free stay (Even though my original stay was 2 nights). when i returned, i went with my boyfriend (We are a gay couple). The dealers saw that we were together and made several homophobic comments towards us including "That's so wrong" etc. I got yelled at for having my arms around him while he rolled dice (Which is understandable) but the dealer dragged out the lecture on and on which he didn't do to other couples. My boyfriend is chinese and when he didn't roll hard enough one time, the dealers yelled at him and lectured on and on assuming he did not understand english. When the white guy next to us rolled the same way about 15 times, he was only politely told to make sure the dice hit the wall, but did not get a single lecture.
In a nut shell, terrible customer service, the employees obviously dont care if they retain their customers or not. There's many nice hotels on the strip, you do NOT want to stay here

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank Tylerkh91
munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel has the most comfortable beds ever!!!!!! We stayed in the MGM for 4 nights. Room had a great view on the other hotels and the lansdscape in the back.Hotel is right on the strip, but rooms are very calm. Great stay

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple