“wonderful time at the MGM Grand”

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #85 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wife and I stayed here Oct07 thru 11, we had a wonderful stay, and will most definitely not hesitate to stay here again, we were staying on the 16th floor very close to the elevator, that helped so much!, because yes it is a very big place to get around in, we had a side view of the strip, and we could just see a peek of the Bellagio fountains, it was great!, my only fault with this place, is, I had forgotten my phone charger, asked at the front desk if they happened to have an extra one, as when staying at the Mirage, same thing happened with another man, and the concierge pulled out a very large box with ALL sorts of cords, that im assuming people left behind, he did manage to find one compatible, and he got to use it free, but at the MGM, I was told I could buy the kit on top of the mini-bar for $50. so I just went to the business centre and they charged it for me for $6.00!, enough time to get me home, please use the business centre for anything along those lines, MOST helpful, and cheap, located right beside the bellboy, so happy I discovered it, as I know I will prob need it again next time I visit Vegas, other than that, the MGM is a fantastic hotel to stay in, we ate at Fiamma, absolute must, waiters know their job, and food was amazing, went to the pools, the bar there is a pure rip off, wife got a Mojito, turned out to be non-alcoholic, I returned it to the wrong bar, sorry you guys, and they sent the right one, THANKS!, but one mojito( no rum) and one beer $21.00...ouch!,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (19,434)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is very huge, it is a city with in the hotel, I was tired and wanted to have a massage but the spa was at the other end of the Hotel. So i thought if i have a massage here then by the time i will reach my room I will be tired again:). Staff here is friendly and nice. it is value for money.

Room Tip: My room was on a lower floor and view was not good, so take a room on upper floor and ask them for t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Booked through MGM and must say the pictures online do not represent the room at all. When you walk through the door, you are greeted with a makeshift bathroom, if you want to call it that. Its literally a shower stall, and a toilet stall, with a sink. No room to put makeup, or to change unless you're ok with zero privacy. There is also zero question of what the person is doing in the bathroom as the toilette stall has a large gap on the top and along the side, and our door didnt close properly. I might be wrong but I think privacy is a must when someone is using the restroom. On top of that since there is no division of sleeping area and restroom, whenever anyone has to use the toilette,you have to turn on the light to the whole room and it will disturb anyone else trying to sleep. When we tried to upgrade our room, we couldnt, so we left a day early and went to stay at Planet Hollywood. Much better rooms.

Room Tip: do not pick petite king room.
7  Thank Elyse B
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had an average stay at the MGM Grand-- it wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either... The construction was happening while I was there, we stayed in a newly renovated room which was very nice, but the whole experience was a little lacking. Also the location on The Strip makes it quite a hike up to the Mirage and other casinos in that area-- definitely invest in the bus pass!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SarahJean22
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first time in Vegas and decided to stay at the MGM because of the value for money and overall i was very impressed with my stay. At check in (which was busy, but the lines moved quick), Moises (sp) was wonderful and very helpful

I was lucky enough to get a room on the 28th floor, in the new rooms I think, and they were wonderful. Very roomy and very clean.

The location is down the South end of the strip, which is closer to the airport and the south end outlets. However I found it to be a little bit away from the action (even though you could catch the monorail from there if you liked)

The concierge area was a bit confusing, there needs to be more organization in this instance, people should be in one line, not just standing around wherever. A few times someone who had just recently lined up, walked straight up to the counter, cutting infront of others who had been waiting much longer.

The business centre was very handy for sending stuff home and the staff, especially Mary, were very helpful. The only thing I could suggest is that some discretion be used when sending things internationally. Its probably not the best idea to make a person sit down for over an hour listing each item (6 magnets, 4 keychains, posters etc etc) if there are a lot of different items.

Overall, the service, cleanliness and room would definitely make this a hotel I would visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank agirlfromAus_13
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It has been a long time since I've been inside the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - the last time I was in there, New York, New York Hotel and Casino was not yet built.

That said, all of the munchkins are gone, Dorothy has evidently found her way home to Kansas as she is no longer there, and I think they used the gold from the yellow brick road to fund this great enhancement!

The rooms are very spacious and have very comfortable beds/pillows/comforters. The fixtures are all modern looking stainless steel with Toto toilets, Kohler faucets and marble to encompass it all. Amenities in the room include plenty of charging plugs, large TV's and powered shades on the windows which allow you to determine your preferred level of privacy. There is a black-out option if you happened to stay in the casino late and need block out the Las Vegas sun.

The property exceeded my expectations and I would look here for future lodging.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TwoOhTravelers
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights on a very generous 'renovation' promotion. The newly renovated rooms and hallways are lovely .... neutral tones throughout and cunning auto-lowering privacy and black-out shades. We were on the 6th floor of the main tower - overlooking the food court's exhaust vents, unfortunately - and were treated to a variety of food odors daily. Check-in was quick and efficient, but figuring out how to get full credit for our MLife activity was frustrating. We lined up at MLife desk three times and were given conflicting information each time. If getting comps/points for your gaming and other activity is important, be sure everyone in your room's MLife cards are assigned to the room on check-in. Check-in, BTW, was quick and efficient. Room was quiet, housekeeping efficient. All in all a great stay!

Room Tip: If you want a low floor room, ask for south-facing room in West Tower.
1  Thank CouvCougar