“Overall OK, but will not come again in the future”

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Overall OK, but will not come again in the future”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at the MGM. Overall the experience was fine, but I don't think they're the best option in Vegas and are not a good value for your money (price doesn't include 25$ resort fee per day!).

The room was clean and spacious (stayed in the renovated part of the hotel), but the shower wasn't ideal. It was quite noisy (renovations, people in the hallway), to the point we had to call the reception to complain. The pool is great, and we liked the fact that there are low budget dining options within the hotel. The location, while being on the strip, was too far for walking to the main part of the strip (had to take our car). Check in & out was efficient and staff were helpful.

2 Thank 400LeahS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wigan North West
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is my second year on a row visiting Las Vegas..... The year previous I was staying at another hotel but made friends that were staying at the MGM they showed us their room and they told us this was a standard room that was complete with a massive TV, Huge bathroom and 2 giant double beds was fantastic. So of course when we decided we was going to visit Las Vegas again we was defo staying at the MGM however when we arrived at our room we was in the smallest room you have ever seen it had 1 double bed it in... we are friends travelling together and was forced to share a bed. The lighting in the room was horrendous, trying to get ready of an evening was a nightmare it was so dark you couldnt see yourself in the mirrors. The bathroom was not a separate either it was open with a sink etc and then there was a door for a toilet and a door for a shower.... you couldnt take your towel in the shower with you though as it would get wet so you would step out back into the open bathroom area to get your towel after being in the shower.. it was very bizarre! We was made aware this was the new wing of the hotel called the west wing, and I advise anyone to request not to stay in these rooms we was extremelly disapointed after seeing with others had the year previous.
Apart from that the hotel is fantastic lots of restaurants we dined in a mexican ones which was briliant and also PEARL which is a chinese restaurant and it is absolutely fantastic you must visit this restaurant. The pool area is clean and nice and the lazy river is nice for chilling with a drink, the rubber rings were $16 for all day to hire or $10 after 1pm which is classed as half a day to hire.
The hotel is in a good location on the strip facing the New York New York hotel
x x x x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Samantha L
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our 2nd visit to Vegas and to the MGM. We were so pleased w/the hotel the first time, we gave it a shot again. I had taken advantage of a FB offer of $65/night which also included a room upgrade and a $50 resort card good for more than half of the on-site restaurants or a show. What I wasn't prepared for was the resort fee. The FB offer plainly stated that if we arrived late, that an upgraded room may not be available - this turned out to be the case due to our 10pm check-in. Couldn't blame the hotel for that. HOWEVER, I did notice upon receiving my credit card statement that they never deducted the $50 credit we were to receive. (We had been directed by a gentleman at the front desk to charge whatever we wished to use the $50 credit toward to the room, and they would then deduct the $50). That didn't happen, so I called upon my arrival home & had it credited w/no problem by contacting billing. I don't know if it's us, or the hotel, but things seemed to be different, and much harder to locate this trip out...we were constantly getting lost. The room, although not the requested room w/1 king bed, was very clean and comfortable w/nice furnishings. We were unable to get a room facing the strip this time, so that was a bit of a downer for us. My gripe (and it's a biggie) is that you cannot get from your room to anywhere w/out walking thru the smoke-filled casino. Doesn't matter if you're going to eat, going to the monorail, a show...anywhere you go you have to be subjected to that horrible, vast, polluted area. You truly should isolate those tokers - put them in a room by themselves, and let them suffocate together. I, for one, have CHF and don't appreciate that. It's hard enough for me to breathe.

1 Thank Amy B
msbrunson330
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here May 2012 for mother's day with my whole family. Yes I know I'm a little late. I had a basic room and I was pleased the linens were clean and I didn't have any issues. Note: the basic deluxe room doesn't have a refrigerator so don't count on bringing beverages back to your room.

The hotel itself is humongous, please be prepared to bring your walking shoes when you get come here. I got lost a couple of times in the hotel LOL I just couldn't get it. The pool is gorgeous, and the loud music blasting from Wet Republic kept me going. I came with my 5 year old daughter and I didn't feel like they only catered to the adults she had just as much fun in the lazy pool.

In short, because I don't remember much but MGM was the perfect choice. I will certainly return there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank msbrunson330
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the MGM Grand for 7 nights with three other friends. MGM is a true representation of Las Vegas: big and bright. We checked in on a Friday evening, so there were a few queues as "locals" were arriving to enjoy the weekend. The hotel itself is vast (it's the largest hotel I've ever stayed at) with plenty of places to eat (we enjoyed the infamous MGM buffet numerous times:). As with most of the hotels on the strip, it's a 24 hour hotel, you just lose track of time unless you actually venture out. The hotel itself resides in the middle of the strip so you really are in the middle of the action, per say. All the staff we came across were very polite and approachable and the service in the restaurants was the same. We even managed to get tickets to one of the shows which was well worth it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on Honeymoon,got upgraded to a bigger room with 2 kingsize beds as our original room was booked out as it was Labour day weekend there:) Casino is huge and you cannot hear a thing in your room. would stay here again if ever in Vegas

1 Thank FrancisG1980
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great hotel for couples and family trips. Our suite was huge and clean. In an excellent location to everything you would want on a trip to las vegas. Didnt get chance to use pool as it was closed for the season when we visited.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple