MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
  • Restaurant
Rodeway Inn(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
20,052 results
All reviewslazy rivertower spa suitegrand kingrainforest cafewet republicdavid copperfieldfood courthuge hotelm lifeother hotelsmonorail stationwest towermini barnew york new yorklong walktrip to vegasan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the MGM last week. Check in was a nightmare. Not a good way to begin a vacation. We had paid extra for early check in and were told it was no guarantee but we could check in anytime after 9AM. Our arrival time was 10:15AM and we were told our room wasn't ready as no one was checking out. Interesting. The clerk removed the early check in fee and said he would put a rush on our room and that it would be ready in an hour or two. Well, think again. Four and a half hours later after we were able to check into our executive king suite. Having sat in the casino amongst all the noise, over loud music, and smoke we were more than ready. The sad thing was no one at the hotel seemed to care if we got a room or not. At any rate, avoid paying for early check in as it appears to be a scam even if they remove the charge. While waiting we ate lunch in the Studio C Cafe. Yikes! Another place to avoid. I ordered a prime rib dip and it was awful. The meat was so dry and over done even the au jus was of no use. It was more like wood shavings, although the side of cole slaw was OK. My wife ordered potato skins which were greasy and pretty much tasteless. So much for lunch. When we finally got into our room we found it to be very spacious. However, the shower and tub drains didn't work very well and showering was like taking a bath. Engineering arrived promptly after our call and took care of the problem. Though another "drainage" problem couldn't be taken care of. The sinks in the bathroom loudly gurgled our entire stay. The gentleman from engineering told us it was a result of the remodel and that so far no one could figure out how to fix the problem. Wonderful. As for the bed, after three nights my back was almost to the point of being borderline time to visit the doctor. Way to soft for my taste. My wife found the bed to be OK. As part of our package we had to free buffet breakfasts. We visited said buffet on our second morning. To be fair my wife thought it was sorta OK. I on the other hand found it to be almost as bad as any Hometown Buffet. The smoked salmon, which I generally love, was stinky, slimy, and uneatable. I mentioned this to a server who said she would mention it to whomever. On our way out I noticed that their solution to the problem was to place very large slices of lemon on top of the salmon. We did order a room service breakfast one morning and the smoked salmon was perfect which made the buffet stuff seem even worse. We tried to use the express check out but ended up having to go downstairs to the main desk to check out totally defeating the purpose of the express deal. The reason being, we were told they would remove one days resort fee due to the horrible wifi serve. Plus, our free buffets turned out to be a room charge that wouldn't go away as well no matter how many people said it would. One night we had dinner at Joel Robuchon's which was divine and actually our sole reason for staying at the MGM. I'll review Robuchon's separately. Our last night there we ate at Nob Hill Tavern which as OK. Attentive service and they seemed to really care what we thought of the food. All in all an OK stay but the question being would we stay at the MGM Grand again. Absolutely not. There are better hotels on the Strip. The MGM is a noisy, smokey, mess. No thanks.

3  Thank drluigi
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very nice experience. I tried to use the paid early check in at 9 offered at their site and was not possible, anyway they didnt charge me for it and I got the room by 1.00 pm so it was ok.
Check in process was quick and easy.
I stayed in the new Tower Spa Suite and liked it very much. Last time we stayed at The Signature and we guess we will go back there next time because of its privacy and less noisy.ambient Anyway we recommend Mgm Grand as well.

2  Thank Nappy312741
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just got back this morning from the MGM and it was another great trip apart from some minor niggles,arrived at check in and asked if we could upgrade apparently only one availible was $800 per night,the hotel has 5000 rooms pretty sure not all were taken,was given our rooms on 13th floor west wing requested non smoking and got smoking the smell in the room was disgusting,you people who smoke thank god you're now becoming social outcasts,anyway back down to reception had room changed 7th floor.Room dark and a strange set up with the toilet/shower noise outside everyday at 4.55 except Sunday.round the pool no complaints nice and lively plenty of beds,had food in Fiamma absolutely amazing,had grand buffet wish I hadn't of bothered school canteen food at best,oh and sat on toilet through the night and being sick I can defiantly say not good food.would I stay there again No,and I,am back to Vegas in March,it seems at this hotel it's only about quantity not quality and there's plenty of better place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisHow73
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the MGM yesterday, got a new remodeled room. Check in took about 30 minutes at around 12:30 pm, all because Justin Bieber was performing that night. The hotel charges $20 plus tax to check in early if a room is ready, I have been to many many hotels, even ones in Vegas and never had to pay early to check in (mlife member means very little either). The room was nice, there was no safe?? (brand new room, in Vegas, no safe!). Took forever to get the room to cool down. Casino was nice but if you go for table games, there are much better ones in surrounding casinos. Check out took about 15 minutes at 6am, only reason I checked out through the front desk is because I wanted a copy of the bill right then and there so I knew nothing else was added. Out of all the other properties with mlife or even in general, I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MichaelP99
Reviewed October 1, 2012

While I have been a loyal visitor to the MGM Grand for the past several years, I had stopped staying here because the rooms were BEYOND tired. However, now that the renovation is complete, I am glad to be coming back to the MGM Grand. The black-out shades in the room are a vast improvement!!

The location, complete with a monorail station, cannot be beat. Nobhill offers the best late night Happy Hour, and the staff is friendly. Only complaint is how thin the walls are, but then again, its Vegas... sowhaddyagonnado...

I'll be back (so long as there's a deal!).

2  Thank shamean