“Clean, comfortable, and affordable”

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Ranked #62 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed at MSS on April 27-28th. We arrived and were met by very courteous Valet attendants who promptly called for bell service. Check in was a breeze. No problem with our request to be away from the tracks. The room was very clean, bathroom spotless and very roomy for a downtown room. Bed was comfortable and there was a safe which is important when in Vegas. Overall we enjoyed ourselves and I would stay again and recommend to anyone who's looking for a clean place. It's connected to the California, so it's really like getting 2 hotels in one.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east side away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dim6family
There are newer reviews for Main Street Station Hotel & Casino

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at Main Street Station for over 15 years. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Plenty of video poker machines, slots and table games. The buffet and Triple 7 Brew Pup are so good we never leave the casino.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Traveler7080
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We enjoyed our one night stay here. It was clean, inexpensive, and the buffet was decent. It was just a little walk from Fremont Street which I would have rather had a room closer but this one worked. Would stay again if they had a really good deal, if not I would rather stay at the Golden Nugget, their pool is amazing!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank YumYuminWhittier
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We chose this hotel because my family has always loved to go into this casino while we were in Vegas because of the atmosphere. I found it extremely frustrating that although I had booked online, I was not told that I had only paid for a deposit and one night's stay and that I would have to pay for the next two nights while I was there. Not a huge deal, but not something I was expecting either. We arrived early, and the front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating, getting my mom into her room right away and making sure that my husband and my room was ready shortly after that. The room was clearly in need of some TLC, there were tiles missing and small repairs that needed to be done, but overall the room was quiet and clean. We were all amazed at how quiet the building was considering the age of it. We couldn't hear any other guests at all throughout the three days we were there.

The concierge was wonderful. We rented a scooter from the hotel, and they were very helpful and made sure we got just what we needed to help my mom get around. Checkout was a joke. Although we had no issues checking out, the lady that helped us hardly acknowledged us or even looked up from her newspaper and we left feeling like they didn't care that we were there at all.

All in all, it was a different experience from staying on the Strip, but we wont' be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Amber_T55
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Was in Vegas from Sunday 4/27 -Saturday 5/3 and stayed on the main strip for work. I found myself downtown EVERY NIGHT especially at Main Street. Let me tell you..I only kept going back because of the employees. They are ALL amazing! Nora, Alberta, Rada, Nancy, Lian, Chau, Michael, ALL amazing and super helpful dealers always willing to help because I didn't know how to play most table games but they were amazing in explaining and suuuper patient! Lol...
Nora- she's absolutely amazing! If she's on the roulette table..you want to get on it.
Jose- greatest bartender ever!
Chico & Robin - floor managers...you both are so wonderful thank you for being patient with my loud mouth. Hahaa...Chico! Thanks for recommending Pai Gow! New favorite game. :) the employees would always greet me by name as I walked through the casino floor which always feels amazing! :)
Overall- I would like to just say to everyone who may gamble for the first time...BE NICE! no need be one dumby to the dealers anyone working there! We are in their house so treat everyone with respect. Came across some jerk people and wanted to just tell em' shut up but I probably would have gotten kicked out. Lol..but seriously...respect. and also TiP your dealers...good karma will come your way..
Hopefully we'll be back in October and definitely will be back on Main Street because of those employees. You guys are the best!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank drae808
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Overall experience very average. Was looking forward to a great experience downtown but turned out to be just an experience. King bed in first room had very soft, indented mattress. Asked to change rooms and got 2 queens. Both were soft also but too tired to go back to desk. Bell personnel very indifferent. No cab line outside hotel, bell desk needs to call. Quite inconvenient. Food at brewery was good. Buffet had big selection, quality average.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from freeway. High floor preferred.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kapaluacat29220
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed there as part of the Vacations Hawaii package where we had a choice of 4 hotels to choose from. My wife and I were so happy that we chose Main Street because when we were in Las Vegas we checked out the other 3 choices and Main Street was by far the best! The lobby is beautiful. Loved the food at the brewery and the Garden Buffet located there was outrageous!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple