“Casino and food are good, room not so much.”

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Ranked #60 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Casino and food are good, room not so much.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The room has a lot of light so day sleeping is not possible, it is noisy, dirty, and old. Maintenance and cleaning are not priorities, no in room coffee. The elevators in the parking garage smell like a urinal. Bad odors throughout. Lovely antique decor should be better taken care of. Tub was dirty and ceiling falling in corner upon arrival, instead of offering another room they cleaned the tub and snaked it. They wanted to repair the ceiling while we were in the room. I kept the do not disturb sign on the door so I didn't have to live in a renovation zone.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank wickedq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lomita, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a review for the buffet. Short walk from Fremont Street Experience. We were pleasantly surprised at the extensive array of food offerings at the Main Street Station Buffet and the value for the money. We were immediately seated on a Saturday night and the buffet items were all fresh and were kept replenished. We were surprised with that there were specific Tex-Mex and Asian-Pacific sections of the buffet, in addition to the usual American fare. The dessert bar was also a standout. My friend has a culiary arts degree and thought everything was excellent, so that was a confirmation of my own thoughts. Service (hostess, waiter/drink service, bus service) were all excellent. We would highly recommend this buffet for those that are visitng/touring downtown Las Vegas.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Dave S
Temiskaming Shores, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Main Street Station is still one of the best hotel/casinos in Vegas. I stayed there this past January and had a great time. All the staff are top notch, friendly and professional. When ever I'm in Vegas I always look forward to staying at Main Street Station.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank al k
Tulsa
Reviewed February 23, 2014

unlike the strip, this hotel is located in a quiet, layed back area of the old casino section of las vegas. the hotel is very clean, large rooms, old style casino and slots and has a brewery inside with very good beer. also attached to its sister hotel, the California, by pedestrian bridge. the buffet is great as the bar and brewery is and the California has a breakfast buffet that is very reasonably priced plus a food court. parking is free and plenty of it. close to the airport and interstate. only a block from all the action on fremont street and the prices are right . we will be back!!!!

Room Tip: would recommend a room on the upper floors near the front of the hotel looking out at the plaza hote...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Leslie R
Rockland, Maine, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I recently had to travel to Las Vegas for a business convention, so I left a few days for myself to explore Las Vegas before the convention started. Has I explored the Las Vegas strip, I found myself engulfed in overpriced, Smokey casinos and restraunts one after another, so I decided to book a bus trip for half a day to see all of the strip and to visit the Las Vegas down town area ,which I have heard has been recently renovated by the creator of Zappos .com. also a fairly new casino Hotel and Brewery was opened in the downtown by the same, I had to check it out. Once arriving in the downtown area of Vegas, one can sense the difference at once, although very much Vegas like, its a lot more laid back, more fun like and more for the consumer without all the glitzy glamor and solicitation of the Strip. Once arriving at the Main St Hotel casino and Brewery, one look at the brewery menue,I was sold! $3.00 for a hand crafted pint of beer and normal food prices! I just had prior dished out $12.00 for a pint of generic beer at a pub on the strip.!! I sat at the bar and ordered a pint and the Asian chicken salad, the service was first rate, and the food was outstanding! a very diverse menu, something for everyone,even a sushi bar! which was great! All the menu prices are very affordable and fresh. And the beer is wonderful and very affordable, where else can you buy an excellent award winning micro brew for $3.00 and a 22 ounce pint for $3.59,wow! In addition, the Casino is constructed in the old west fashion, very friendly and to western style. And the slots pay out in cash! I continued to frequent this hotel casino every night after my convention, its well worth the 10 minute bus ride from the overcrowded strip. The food, service and beer were excellent every night! And the pub Brewery area is breathtaking, with its huge brewery and 100 seat bar and sushi bar. If I ever have the need to go back to Vegas, I know where I am staying! If your ever in Vegas, take the 10 minute bus ride to visit the downtown and the Main St Hotel casino and Brewery, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Richard R
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed 2 nights at Main Street Station during our trip to Las Vegas. We were early for checkin and our room was not ready, but the desk clerk let us do the paperwork, and our luggage was held at the bell desk.
When our room was ready, all we had to do was pick up the key. Getting to our room, someone had smoked in the bathroom, so we called the front desk, and they readily changed our room. Very nice gals at the check in desk.
Our room was clean nice, recently updated and we were on the railroad/highway side, but we did not hear a thing with the fan on from the heater.
Gambling was very good and the bar tenders are great. Ate breakfast at the buffet and it had a very good selection. Everyone was very helpful. We liked the walkover to the California and did walk along the street to the Plaza.
Downtown has a ways to go to make everyone feel secure and it certainly is not family friendly with the bikini go-go girls and a man walking around with no pants on and only a jock strap. We were there during the Chinese new year light show and there were several vendors.
I would stay at the hotel again, but Fremont St is not a place for us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank shivergirl
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in 1978 when it was a Holiday Inn. It still is in very good condition and was a very enjoyable place to stay. The staff were all helpful and seemed to enjoy they're work. The food was great and reasonably priced. The casino had reasonable table minimums and plenty of slots The rooms were large and clean. Cant ask for more except for location

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the train noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo