“The only place we will stay”

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Ranked #62 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is the only hotel we will stay when downtown. The rooms are clean and comfy. It's not a 5 star but we like it a lot. The gambling is good. The buffet is always good. We like hanging with the Hawaii Locals. VS. the young or raunchy crowds on the strip.

Room Tip: The hallways are not as long as the larger hotels. So wherever you get is fine. Some rooms face the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shari I
There are newer reviews for Main Street Station Hotel & Casino

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I didn't stay at Main Street Station but next time I will consider it. I did spend most of my 4 day visit to LV at this casino. Something about the room was relaxing and pleasant. Perhaps the good lighting and the high ceilings. And entire staff was great. The dealers were pleasant and many have been with Boyd Gaming for 20+ years. That tells me that they are treated well by management and enjoy working here. I can see why.
I look forward to returning to this casino....I might even stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank JuneauMan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is located in downtown area of Las Vegas near the Fremont street. The drive to the Strip takes just about 10 minutes so I was very happy with the location. The room was very comfortable, spacious, clean and I still don’t fully understand the bargain rate which included parking as well. The breakfast buffet was a great value with good selection at 8-9USD. I would recommend to avoid room on the side of the hotel which faces the freeway or ask for a room on a higher floor. My room was on the 14th floor so I enjoyed nice views as well but I can imagine that there could be some disturbing noise from the freeway on lower floors.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank show112
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay at the hotel, but our last meal in Vegas was at the resturaunt. Out of all of our meals in Vegas...this had to be the best. We heard that the all you can eat buffet is the best in the downtown area. I believe it. The line for the buffet was at least 30 minutes. We didn't have that kind of time, so the restaurant was recommended to us. I did get a chance to peek at the buffet selection....great choices and everything looked delicious and fresh.

The line was outside the door of the restaurant, we decided to eat at the bar. Perfect choice. The oysters are fresh, nachos are the cheesiest and the best....absolute best PRIME RIB!!!! Prices are reasonable. Service was excellent and this was our best Vegas meal.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank ekperigin
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed on the Strip but we had a car and headed to the old downtown one day. That's when we discovered Main Street Station - especially the buffet!! It was awesome and well worth it. No line ups like any place on the Strip and lots of good food choices - too many!! The casino was good too! We may have to stay there next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Renee C
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Main Street Station is an older hotel that is very well maintained. Main Street lobby resembles an old train station with wooden benches in lieu of chairs. Check in was swift and smooth by a friendly clerk at the front desk who gave a non smoking room with no problem. The room was clean with two beds, two stuffed chairs, round wooden table, writing desk/chair, flat screen TV, air conditioner and shuttered window coverings rather than drapes(not quite as dark, but a nice difference from other hotels). Mattresses were firm with three large pillows that were new or at least not very old. The tub and sink drained well, plenty of hot water, TV operated well with several channels. As for negatives, they were pretty minor such as a shower head that is a bit low if you are over 5’6” and the hotel is a couple blocks off Fremont. Some reviewers have complained of the noise, however I found it to be minimal and not enough to keep me awake. Over the years I have stayed at a dozen different hotels in Las Vegas and yes, there are several fancier hotels that charge a higher rate plus an added resort fee when you arrive and even an early check in fee at some of them. However, in my opinion the combination of cleanliness, friendly staff and price make the Main Street Station a good bet.
While at Main Street Station, be sure to try the triple 7 microbrews. They are excellent and the triple 7 bar is worth seeing even if you don't drink. It is a marble bar with brass rail looks even better than in the picture I have posted.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank bobhiker
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is perhaps the best hotel bargain in all of Vegas! I was so surprised how cool this place is and all that it offers. Room was superior, buffet was very good and a micro-brewery serving fine beers to boot! I would give it 4 and a half stars if I could but TripAdvisor doesn't offer that category yet. :)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo