“Great value makes this a 5-star hotel”

Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Ranked #69 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We got this room for a rock bottom price. I love the duvets. Great downtown location. The buffet restaurant was good value. Nice staff in all areas. Vegas is so fun!

Room Tip: There was a noisy middle-of-the-night train.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ScottOntheGo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed June 18, 2012

A nice choice for downtown Vegas. Located a couple blocks from the craziness of Fremont Street (which is a good thing in my opinion). The atmosphere at MSS is very inviting. I liked that they let us check in at 9:00am. The rooms are okay (nothing special). No internet in the room & limited TV channels. The rooms are basically a place to take a shower and sleep. Cleanliness of the room was so so (few hairs found in shower and on bedding) but that is to be expected for a hotel room in this price range which was at least a 100-150 dollars less (the weekend we were there) than midrange properties on the strip.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank uknowthename
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wife and I are regulars here. We have stayed here the last 3 years and just recently got back from a 6 night stay. They have nice rooms which some we've been in could need some uplifting, but their good enough for us since they're comped and we dont hang in our rooms much. If you want luxury rooms this aint the place in other words. The thing we love about it is the friendly workers from the bell hop to the cleaning lady. They give you more attention I feel then other properties. They also have a top 5 buffet in our opinion at a very reasonable price and if your a Bconnected card member you can get it discounted or use your points. They have a awesome Brewery that has many screens to watch your favorite sport and great selection of micro brewed beers. Waitstaff are also very friendly. The dealers are cool and are very talkative and helpful. They have 20x odds on craps can't beat that! They don't have the best selection of slots compared to the strip casinos, but they have plenty to entertain you. They also in my opinion have the best Video Poker in LV. I've literally hit 6 four of a kinds this last trip. They also give you a scratch card for each 4OK you hit that you can win from $2-$5,000! They also have a daily slot tournament that's hella fun. If your a card member it's only $10 to get in and $15 for non members can't beat that. Their sister property The Cal is also next door and connected by a inside bridge which is too convenient. Give this place a try!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dewey S
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wife and I were surprised by the pleasant atmosphere and excellent prime rib at the Main Street's brew pub. Our money lasted longer in the slots, and the hotel room was comfortable and clean. Enough noise to enjoy the casino, but not overwhelming like the big strip casinos.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the tracks if you are a bit of a light sleeper
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DirtSifter
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Ive stayed here before and only due to other obligations, took a while to come back. This is a local and visitor favorite and rated best of downtown by the local paper.

I checked in early and despite the signs: "Checkout Noon Checkin 3pm" the agent did not comment. ( I have found many places comment if its early even when the property is dead. ) Just by asking for a certain area I was given a top floor strip view room. Usually I pre tip, I tipped afterward to the lovely young lady "Lilly" who offered professional, friendly service. This was appreciated as some downtown joints can be surly ( Pat at Fremont)

ROOM: Spacious ( by downtown standards, firm king bed with excellent pillows ( a pet peeve some places have crap pillows) fridge, a/c exterior wall unit but on the newer side.and most importantly clean

RESTAURANTS: Im not a buffet person however the Buffet is good, with day of the week specials. rated best of downtown,

GENERAL: .Ive stayed at most downtown hotels and this is one of my top choices. The mens bathroom has a piece of the Berlin Wall in case you want to pee on communism... a Very wood and brass decor in keeping with olde time train station decor. Theres a display of old original Mills style slot machines so you can really see what old school machines existed. Large bar ( The Brass Boars Head) with brass rail on the west side of the casino offering video poker. Drinks comped when you play max coin.

GAMBLING: A wide variety of machines and games. For those who like craps they offer 20x odds, the highest downtown

Triple 7 Restaurant and brewery. Im not a beer drinker however my friends rave about the microbrews. The food is quite good and they offer a wide selection. Reasonably priced and offers specials.

* If you get a Boyd ( company that owns this place) players card and pay with comp points you get 40% off the bill!!

Sister property The California is connected by a bridge and offers additional food options.

Note: on the west side of downtown (Main Street Station, Plaza) there are trains occaisionally , hence the name Main Street STATION, so if noise is a problem try to get a east side - toward Fremont room. But if you wanted quiet why are you downtown......

LOCATION: easy 1 block walk to Fremont street experience. Plenty of free parking and valet parking is offered.

"* * If you found this review helpful please click 'helpful' or 'yes' so I know if im coherent, THANKS * *

Room Tip: on the west side of downtown (Main Street Station, Plaza) there are trains occaisionally , hence th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
29  Thank SecretAgentReview
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed there for the first time May 17-22, 2012. This was my first time staying in downtown for a while since I normally stay on the Strip. That said, I can't really compare this hotel to any other in downtown so I don't know how this hotel matches up to any other in the area. The location of this hotel is at the outskirt of the central Fremont Street promenade area, so it is a bit of a walk to get there.

Although I have never actually stayed at the Main Street, I have gambled there many times and I do like the gaming area better than Boyd's sister (and neighboring) California Hotel. I play craps half the time so I like that the MS has 20x odds as opposed to the Cal's double odds. I also liked the scratch cards that the MS gave out (not sure if they still do it) when you get a four-of-a-kind.

The room was OK, nothing special. The shower and toilet was separate from the sink, which was pretty convenient because there were three of us in the room, so if someone was in the shower, you could at least brush your teeth. The bed was comfortable. My only gripes would be the non-plush towels and the non-flatscreen TV.

The MS does have a couple of eating choices; the Garden Court Buffet and Triple 7 Restaurant and Microbrewery. The buffet used to be pretty good, but I haven't been there for a while, so I don't know if it still is. We did have a late/early morning breakfast at the 777, and it was pretty good. Their Loco-Moco was quite good.

I rated this hotel average but it's actually average to very good. What swayed me to an average rating was the towels and TV. I can't really comment on value because I won this trip in a contest.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank vegasblues808
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I just spent three nights at the Main Street Station Hotel & Casino. The property is very interesting with it's own casino and a couple of restaurants. They have tons of antiques and even a piece of the Berlin wall in the men's room! The all-you-can-eat buffet is awesome for the price! My king room was generously sized, however, the bathroom needs updating from the shower fixture, to the tub, toilet and sink area. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. The hallway carpets all clearly need to be steamed and/or replaced. And, even though I was on a non-smoking floor, the smell of cigarette smoke lingered everywhere. The hotel is close to the 'Fremont Street Experience' and there's a shuttle to 'The Strip' which I had to stumble upon because no one at the hotel could help me with finding it. All in all, my stay was good, but I think I'll stay on 'The Strip' next time because it felt a little younger and hipper. Main Street is great for older couples and families because of the buffet.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room facing the strip. Otherwise, you'll be stuck facing the highway and it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo