WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“like staying in a kennel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv.
Ranked #127 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“like staying in a kennel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I do like the desk staff here.............they are very nice. I have stayed here two other times in the past. I travel with 3 dogs and was put in an older building in the back of the premises........the room smelled musty, it had a big whirlpool tub that looked very worn/old/scuffed and it didn't work. It is very noisy here....the door to outdoors in the hall slams shut every time and is nerve wracking, people sound like a herd of elephants upstairs, people are very loud talking in the hall, and people leave their dogs alone in the room and let them bark and bark and bark. I never have stayed anywhere where I could hear dogs barking at any time- early am, late pm.....bark bark bark..... and one evening a dog barked for well over an hour. I don't let my 3 dogs bark and put bark collars on them if I leave them to do an errand. It is getting harder and harder to find decent affordable places to stay with dogs...............thanks to irresponsible pet owners.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lucy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

As we entered the lobby ( Feb 2013) we witnessed a couple talking to the manager about why their on line reservations were not being honored. He told them that the hotel had over booked and that on line reservations were not automatically honored at this hotel - quote: "It is our choice whether we accept the on line reservations or not and in this case - we will not accept your reservation". Then he proceeded to tell us the same thing. I have NEVER run into this type of behavior by any hotel before. And we will NEVER stay at a LaQuinta again. Tell your family & friends - so they do not make the same mistake.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bill A

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Our flight got cancelled and we had to stay here overnight.

I might have given this hotel a better review if I hadn't experienced a wonderful hotel on the Strip, but my first impression of uncleanliness stayed with me until I got home and stepped into the shower!

Yes the bed was clean and comfy. Yes there was a flat screen tv. Yes there was a microwave and fridge. But did you take a look at the corridor? Did you smell that lingering odor of cleaning products?

The elevator jumps when it reaches the 1st floor, doors look rundown, the bathtub was dirty, we could hear everything someone uttered while walking to their room, not to mention the dog barking in the room adjacent to ours. Only the noisy AC and sheer exhaustion allowed us to sleep.

I also got a bad skin reaction to their soap. I'm not allergic to anything; yet, that soap made my hands lobster red within minutes! Thank god for emergency hand cream.

Could be okay for those travelling on a budget, but not suited for a seasoned traveller used to a minimum of 3+ star hotels.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank ammartin100
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv. was a great experience for me and my friends, we came to town to watch the UNLV and UNM Basketball Game and was greeted very professionally by the staff on checking in, although we were both dressed in out athletic attire (sweats, T-shirts, etc,) and this continued through out our stay. Thank you, LQ!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great stay. Room was clean and comfortable, and the best deal we found around the strip. Staff was very nice and helpfull. The free shuttle makes getting to the strip quick and painless. I would not hesitate a second to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had to layover in Las Vegas and booked my room on line. The free shuttle from the airport came promptly, the front desk staff was friendly and my check in was fast. I was shocked when I entered the room. The beds are really comfortable and the decor has been upgraded. Even though I didn't need the microwave or refrigerater, I love the fact that they are there. Checking out was a snap and the free shuttle back to the airport was there on time and the drivers were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo