“Great for Us”
Review of Jockey Club

Jockey Club
Ranked #42 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Check in was a breeze, no huge lines like at the casinos. Condo was CLEAN. Furniture adequate--King bed seemed new-firm and comfortable. Loved the double doors dividing bedroom and living room/kitchen area. Had absolutely everything we needed. Construction around area was ongoing though we had absolutely no trouble with noise. Front doors of the hotel were closed off and had to enter through the back. Walk to the strip was really short, however, at night it would make you hesitant to walk alone. I didn't see any type of security. Cabs would drop you off, but not pick you up at the hotel due to the construction. Jockey Club did provide a shuttle (no waiting-just hop in) that took you across the street to Planet Hollywood where you could catch a cab. All in all it was a very good experience and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank jwin7831

Reviewed August 12, 2007

Fantastic location, fabulous place, the bit they don't tell you is the construction work going on all around you. Don't get me wrong the rooms are great, sofa, kitchen all amenities including dishwasher except laundry, that's downstairs, walk in wardrobe huge space and from our room a view of the Bellagio fountains. Sadly also a view of a core driller machine right outside the hotel. The neighbours are building something huge and surrounding the premises on all sides. One whole wing of the premises look out onto a multi level car park possibly only 20ft away at eye level, on all levels! and the core driller was in action from 0400 am. Many think this disruption is a deliberate attempt to upset Jockey club residents, destroying business, many guests were voting with their feet, me, I was there for only 3 nights ear plugs worked, any longer & we would have walked too. Sorry but I think its a gem thats not long for this world and perhaps somewhere else, perhaps not so good on amenities, but better for sleep would be better suited for restful stay, oh & pool is V poor, unless you like construction noise, dirty water & a glimpse of the sun between buildings....good luck.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank AnyVenue
Reviewed August 6, 2007

We stayed at the Jockey Club in early July and found that yes there is a lot of construction going on around the hotel. I had phoned ahead and asked for a room on the Bellagio side and that request was granted. We heard very minimal noise in our room.

We had a two bedroom apartment on the ninth floor and it was clean and large enough for five. The kitchen was great for breakfasts. The location can not be beat as you are in the center of all the action on the strip. The bus stop is just outside the door and valet parking was available at the hotel, but be careful as some nights the parking became full.

We enjoyed our stay and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ScottCalgary
Reviewed August 3, 2007

sorry to inform you all who are stopping at or near to the jockey club but there is a hell of a lot of construction happening here at least 3 sides of the hotel has construction going on around it (new condos being built ) starts early still there in late evening

Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bones0314
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We traded our timeshare for a week at the Jockey Club. Although we were out of the room most of the day, the construction noise and drilling started at 3:00 a.m. each day and continued to mid-afternoon. They can work 24-7 on the strip. Although the accomodations were fine, the noise is unbearable. Plan to sleep between 3:00 p.m.-3:00 a.m. We were actually put in a unit away from the construction. I can't even imagine the other side!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael V
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Loved it. Really loved Las Vegas and all of its excitement, but when I needed to take a break, the Jockey Club offered an outstanding refuge. Jockey Club has a friendly staff, great location at a reasonable price. No gambling at the Jockey Club. You can check out movies, visit the pool, Sauna or the exercise room. (free of charge) If it is gambling and excitement that you love, you are right in the center of everything.

I would recommend it. In fact, we plan to return to Vegas next Summer and my wife said it has to be the Jockey Club.

Some construction was taking place as it is everywhere in Vegas. We were on the opposite side so we were not bothered by the sounds. We could lie in our beds and watch the waters of the Bellagio.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank JMcLauchlin
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I own a timeshare weeks and got to finally take one of my weeks in Las Vegas and I'm so glad I stayed at the Jockey Club although their were some negative comments about the place I was a bit leary and since I booked a year in advanced demanded the best room available. I was placed on the penthouse floor with a beautiful view of the Bellagio fountains daily and nightly. I absolutely loved it. The suite was clean and great! Nice size closet and TV/dvd in both rooms plus library to borrow dvds along with conciere for shows and tours. The location is perfect. Jockey Club should not give up their location for nothing in the world. It centrally located on the strip next to bellagio and the new grand mgm center mall (currently being built so yes ask for earplugs if you don't want to be awaken too early in the morning) Yes, but no big deal your in Vegas and not in the room that much anyway. When there it is not that annoying atleast not on Northside of building. I was told all rooms are the same throughout the resort. I loved that I could exercise or swim or chill in the hot tub at anytime. Location is everything - This resort is across from Paris and Alladin. If you own a timeshare it may not have the private jacuzzi tub, you may be use to but this place is as nice as any other resort and definitely worth it since you are on the strip. Most others are off the strip somewhere that most people who wants to be in the action of it all can't immediately join. When you see people say that it back off the strip by half a block that's pretty normal for most hotels on the strip. I choose to go in one direction on one side of the street one day and the opposite direction on one side of the street on the next day. So it was great that I didn't tire myself out by walking the whole strip on one side. it really is in the middle of the strip, but take the charlie to Stratosphere and downtown. it also has a store right inside club along with shuttle bus to real grocery store twice a week. If other family attends, they can enjoy the separate living room sleeper sofa and full kitchen and dining area. I look forward to staying in the future. Special Thanks to front desk manager very helpful.

Stayed: November 2006