“Oasis Right On the Strip”
Review of Jockey Club

Jockey Club
Ranked #45 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Could enjoy the buzz of the strip and then retreat to our own personal oasis. We stayed in a 2 bed 2 bathroom apartment that had plenty of room for two couples. The superb location made up for the lack of views.Great value and would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Stacker63
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments of being able to enjoy the buzz of the strip and then retreat to your own personal oasis. We are glad that you felt that our location made up for your lack of view. We are pleased that you feel that you received a great value and would definitely recommend stay at the Jockey Club.

Jockey Club Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The location of this "suites" hotel could harpy be better, with it being right next door to the Bellagio. The reception staff were little more than rude, and they do need to irk on this. But the rooms were nice, & well appointed. We were on the 4th floor facing the Bellagio - whilst this side gives the best view, it is above a fairly noisy area where lorries manoeuvre early in the morning, with all sorts of warning buzzers waking us up.

Guests of the Jockey are able to gain free access to the roof top pool of the Cosmopolitan hotel next door, and this is worth doing. Valet parking was cheap ($5/day) and worth doing.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Julian B

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location. We apologize that you found our reception staff more than rude. This is not how we desire to be thought of as one of the most important assets for any company is the staff. Please rest assured that this shall improve. It is true that the view rooms do have to consider the activity that starts early in the morning for our lovely neighbors. We do our best to have quiet time at the Jockey Club from 10pm – 9am daily. We appreciate all of the details that you have shared as this is the best way to know where we are successful and where we need to improve.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

First of all the pictures do not really do this place justice. I thought it was going to be run down and smelly. I was impressed by how spacious it was inside. I felt as if I had my own apartment the whole time in Las Vegas. There were two bedrooms and two bathrooms with a small kitchenette and dining table. It was a total of three of us so it proved to be perfect for us. The couch is very comfortable (this was where I slept because I never made it to the bed) but I am not too sure about the pull out bed. There are a few complaints I do have about this place. The parking is a hassle! You have to park at the cosmopolitan self park garage in level B3. There are two elevators that let you access jockey club. Doing this process every time I had to get my car was annoying. There is also an elevator from inside the Cosmopolitan that lets you access the Jockey Club and if you are drunk, you will miss it! (Can you tell I was drunk at one time?) Oh and if you want to valet, its $5 per day! That is so outrages to me just because I am used to the free valet in all other hotels. Besides that I think it was a great value and good location in the strip. I would definitely consider staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip! It is breathtaking to see the Eiffel tower every morning.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were very surprised. It is nice to feel that you had your very own spacious apartment in Las Vegas. The parking structure can be a challenge and while there is a daily fee for Valet, you may come and go as many times as you please over a 24 hour period. The elevators located in the Cosmo that lead to the Jockey Club are directly across from the, “Book Stage” lounge. It always helps to have landmarks for us and we are glad that you found your way home again. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Good located in the Strip just next to Bellagio.
The first night they gave us a wrong room, we booked a 1 bed apartment and the room that they gave us was without a door, the next day the manage to change the room and the were very professional helping us to solve the problem.
Inside the apartments are full equipped with coffee maker, fridge, hub, microwave and dishwasher.
The only downside thing, there are no supermarkets close by, the closest one is located 20 minutes by bus.
If you want to have a good view, ask a room facing the Bellagio fountain.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank PhoenixJadeBCN
PIVacations, General Manager at Jockey Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location. We apologize for placing you in a studio suite upon your arrival rather than a 1bedroom. We appreciate your understanding and are glad that your move to a 1 bedroom the following day was handled professionally. It is true that there are not major supermarkets located nearby but, depending on the length of your stay the Jockey Club has 3 supermarket shuttles each and every week on select days for your shopping convenience plus a mini mart on premise. Also for future reference many major supermarkets have a convenient delivery service to your hotel that may be ordered on line. We hope that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you stay at the Jockey Club for a week you may want to take advantage of their free trips.
Twice a week you can be taken by bus to a supermarket to stock up on food and drink etc that will be cheaper than on the strip.
A trip to the Premium Outlet South, some good shops and a couple of food courts.
Also a trip to Fremont Street late afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barrym68

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our weekly free shuttle services to some money saving and fun spots around town. We hope you enjoyed your stay and that you will consider staying with us again when visiting fabulous Las Vegas.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Visited with family and the rooms were clean, spacious and it had everything we needed. Located next to the Bellagio, I found it perfectly central to all the big casinos.
Friendly staff, nice decor albeit a little bit dated now but still a pleasurable stay. The pool could have been a bit bigger as there isn't much room to sunbathe but no other downsides!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate G

Thank you for your detailed review. It is true your Vegas metaphor that it can be a crap shoot as far as view suites are concerned. As a timeshare resort it is our responsibility to insure that the timeshare ownerships are recognized as a priority for view requests. The Resort Desk does their best to accommodate all possible requests when available. To address the hazard in case of emergency, the Jockey Club has a state of the art fire safety system that was upgraded prior to the construction of our beautiful Cosmopolitan neighbors that was a specific design for the proximity of both properties. We are pleased that you enjoyed your suite, the team, the location and the service provided. We are pleased that you would recommend the Jockey Club as long as it is understood that a view suite may not be available.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The room location here is a crap shoot since the Cosmopolitan was built...an apropos metaphor for staying in Vegas. However, i came for a weekend training and not to gamble! Having stayed here once or twice around 10 yrs ago, I decided to give it a try again. I very much hoped for a "room with a view" - of the Bellagio fountains, but alas that was not my destiny this time. My room was facing the a wall of the Cosmopolitan...not very appealing and frankly feels a bit claustrophobic and very possibly hazardous if there was an emergency!...certainly less than ideal. I did not spend much time there so it was not such a big deal not having a fountain view...only the feeling of being in a cave was not great. At least I was on the 10th floor and could see up toward a outside deck at the Cosmo not too far above so I felt a little less "trapped". I stayed in suite 1074 (1 bdrm) in the Derby Tower and it was quiet as I requested since the view of the fountains was unavailable. It is a bit of a trek getting to the parking garage from there, but most everything on the Vegas strip is a trek!

The suute itself was fine and nice enough. Great to have a full kitchen and the extra living space...it does feel less claustrophobic with the wall view since the suite has good space. There are doors separating the bedroom/bath area and the living area. Everything was clean with good housekeeping services. Staff I encountered were all helpful and friendly. I might be back to stay here someday, but if so it will be more of an off time or off season I guess since they claimed no fountains view see available due to many time share owners checking in that weekend. (Late June).
Guess I could say I recommend Jockey Club as long as you know what you may be getting for a suite location. The location of the property is fantastic as far as visiting Vegas for all it has to offer in restaurants, casinos, shops, etc!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo