“Great value hotel right on the strip”
Review of Jockey Club

Jockey Club
Ranked #40 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great value hotel right on the strip”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This was my first trip to Vegas and I was travelling with my 3 children - all under 11. This hotel was fantastic. It was more like an apartment really than a hotel. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a lounge, kitchen and dining room. From our windows we could see the fake Eiffel Tower and the Bellagio fountains. It's great value for what you get. The kids loved the pool. The only down side was trying to find it in the first place. We'd read reviews saying it was hard to find and it's true. First time round it is a little tricky. There's a small road/alleway leading off the strip next door to the Bellagio. May be best to get them to email you an accurate map before heading out, because when you've been on the plane for 11 hours you don't really want to be circling the streets of Vegas!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Bellagio.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CavMcDs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Czech first
New Jersey
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed in Jockey Club as an RCI timeshare exchange during Easter break this April. Although we weren't given the room with a view that we requested, overall we're satisfied with our stay in Jockey Club. The location is perfect! Right on the strip where the action is. It's set back a little bit from the strip so you don't really hear any noise. Very quiet hotel. You could easily miss the entrance if you're not familiar with the area. The parking is a little tricky too. The best thing is, as you come out of the hotel , you're next to Bellagio, across the street is Paris and Planet Hollywood. To your right is going to New York, New york and to the left is Venetian. We could not ask for a better location. Just keep in mind that a lot of walking is needed in Vegas so wear comfortable shoes.

We booked a 1 BR apartment and everything we needed was there. The kitchen helped a lot for most of our meals. Saved a lot of money eating out. We were assigned on the 1st tower which looked like an older building. Our room on the Penthouse floor unfortunately faces a wall. The room was big for the 2 of us. The furniture, TV's and decorations needs to be updated however. I'm not sure if the 2nd Tower is new. Haven't seen any of the rooms there. The big plus for us is their King size bed and pillows that are so soft and just heavenly comfortable. We slept soundly every night which was very refreshing. They have daily towel exchanges and housekeeping which was excellent. The room provided us with what we needed but it's far from luxury though. There's 2 computer in the lobby for use and we printed our boarding pass with no problem. This is a timeshare property but never bothered us for a sales pitch which we appreciated.

The weather was perfect for April. Cool in the morning and rises up to 80's around noon time. There's a lot of people walking around and you tend to absorb the energy of the place. Las Vegas with it's neon lights at night is electric. Feels like Time Square in New York City. Vegas is fun.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue80NJ
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I was suspicious of this locatin at first but had got the idea to rent a timeshare from a cowarker. She had gave me her timeshare book and I called almost all of the one with the location I liked. They were either booked or too high. After talking to someone at the Jockey Club and getting the great pricing a figured it should be ok. However, weeks before the trip i begin to do searches on google and saw a vast amount of reviews from terrible to excellent. It was to late to change so I was hoping for the best. When the taxi dropped me off I was really shocked about with how nice the entrance looked and was even more impressed with the room. Even though it was outdated it was very clean and in good condition. The bed was comfortable and we were able to see the Bellagio fountain. They also had a full kitchen with all kitchen items included. I am very picky were I stay during vacation and I must say I loved the Jockey club. The only bad thing was construction but you were forewarned...and all in all they did a good job controlling the noise, dust, and walkways. This is definitely a gem and I am booking my reservations there now for my next trip this June.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank uniquenicole
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed in unit 926 from 21 to 28 April (2 bed 2 bathroom apartment) 4 of us (husband, myself, daughter & son) to celebrate sons 21st birthday and it was perfect for us. Kitchen well equipped and apartment lovely and clean, one very large bedroom the other one a good size and large lounge with sofa bed.

The only downside is if you like to sit by the pool you can only sit there until about 12.00 p.m.and you need to move around to get any sun, and then again for an hour from 5-6 due to it being blocked out by the Cosmopolitan which is huge. This wasn't a problem for us as we looked before we went to find what other hotels let you use their pools and fitted a couple of hours in here and there when sight seeing for a rest from all the walking!

All in all I would highly recommend this apartment as its great to get away from all the casinos at night time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I have to admit I was a little worried after reading the previous review on this Unit and having never stayed at the Jockey Club did not know what to expect. Perfect location - next to the new city center and Cosmopolitan - across from PH, Paris and the Miracle Mile Mall - next to the beautiful Bellagio Fountains, with a bus stop right in front. The best part was leaving the craziness of the strip and walking in to a quiet lobby with no sounds of slot machines etc - it was a really nice retreat. The suite was very comfortable and most of all - it was clean. I am not sure exactly what the situation was for the last reviewer, but we were pleased with everything. There is a flat screen TV in the living room, and a TV in the master bedroom - however we were not there to watch TV. We are 3 ladies in our 40's and other then turning the living room TV on for some background noise once in a while and to check the weather - they mostly stayed off. We found the beds to be very comfortable and the suite very quiet - we slept well. We felt the kitchen was well stocked and we had everything we needed. We did have a problem with the room cards but that was quickly rectified. While walking through the hotel - we did see other suites from the hallway and they all looked pretty nice. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it. The owner was very easy to deal with, very helpful, and was very prompt on replying to any emails etc.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Coreen
Dexter, MI
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have stayed at the Jockey Club many times and I love coming back here. Even better, the experience keeps improving with every visit!

The addition of the Cosmopolitan immediately attached to the Jockey Club is terrific. Granted, having a parking lot there was a nice feature, too, but that was a long time ago. We suffered through the construction but the construction is completed now. The underground parking is fantastic, with extremely easy access off of Harmon Avenue directly between the Cosmopolitan and City Center. The parking underground is on B3 and the Jockey Club elevator can be hard to find at first. Once you know where it is the parking is tremendous with easy access to the Jockey Club and to the Cosmopolitan. Literally, there is a private elevator entrance to the casino.

One thing I have always enjoyed is the tremendous amount of space in the Jockey Club suites. It is liek having an apartment on the Strip! It is terrific to be able to bring leftovers home from restaurants and put them in the refrigerator, as well as being able to stop at the local grocery store and grab a case of water and some snacks. I have never really cooked a big meal in Vegas, but you could with the kitchen. There are grills available on the pool deck, too, if you want to barbeque. The suites are being renovated now and the newly renovated rooms include flat screen TVs and new room decor and lighting. There is brand new furniture and all the updates are terrific. I have been in some of the hotel rooms at some of the nicer hotels and cannot believe people pay more than I do for a room a quarter of the size with none of the amenities.

The location simply cannot be beat. As I mentioned, there is a direct connection to the Cosmopolitan. The Bellagio is next door, Planet Hollywood and Paris are across the street, and all 3 are within a 5 minute walk. City Center and Mote Carlo are to the south of the Cosmo and Caesars, Bally's, and Flamingo are to the north, all about a 10 minute walk. MGM, Excalibur, New York New York, Mirage, and a number of other casinos are also within walking distance.

There is the possibility of having a wall view when staying at the Jockey Club due to the Cosmopolitan being directly next door. I believe these are the last suites they staff fills. I had a wall view just last week when I was there. It can be an issue with some people, but you also have to remember the value that goes along with the price and features offered. If it is a huge concern, ask yourself how important the view really is for you and how much time you will spend in the room looking out the window. If it is still an issue, it is probably best to look somewhere else for a room.

There are a few other features of staying at the Jockey Club:
* They have computers downstairs for use by any guests. I used the computer to print my boarding pass last trip. WiFi is available throughout and in the suites.
* There is a hospitality suite where there are books, games, and DVDs to check out at no charge. They even have a popcorn machine for a night in with a movie. I have (on longer trips) decided to spend a night in to recharge my batteries and the DVDs are a nice feature.
* There is a pool, fitness room, sauna, and whirlpool. The pool is shadowed by the Cosmopolitan, but the whirlpool is indoors. The fitness center is pretty good with 8-10 machines and a few cardio machines.
* A limited number of passes to the Cosmopolitan pool are available by request at the front desk.
* There is a shuttle to the local grocery store, but I have never used it and I do not know the schedule.

There is the potential for time share guys to make offers to you, but a firm but polite "no" usually does the trick. If you do not want to participate there is no reason you have to do so. I do nto believe Jockey Club suites are still being sold, although I could be wrong.

Again, I just love staying at the Jockey Club when in Las Vegas, which is usually at least twice a year. For the value and amenities I will not stay anywhere else. I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone traveling to Las Vegas and wanting comfortable and affordable accommodations.

Room Tip: Call ahead for a room. Earlier check in is better.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Joe S
Middleton, NH
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We recently stayed here and so enjoyed our stay. Everyone is so friendly and polite. We stayed in the first tower and had a beautiful view of the strip and the fountains at the Bellegio. This was our 3rd time staying here and we are planning on going back next year. This is so nice because if you want to go take a break from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas you have a living room, kitchen and seperate bedroom to relax in. Not like staying in a hotel with just beds and a chair in a room. I would highly recommend staying here, and the price is right!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple