I have stayed at the Jockey Club many times and I love coming back here. Even better, the experience keeps improving with every visit!
The addition of the Cosmopolitan immediately attached to the Jockey Club is terrific. Granted, having a parking lot there was a nice feature, too, but that was a long time ago. We suffered through the construction but the construction is completed now. The underground parking is fantastic, with extremely easy access off of Harmon Avenue directly between the Cosmopolitan and City Center. The parking underground is on B3 and the Jockey Club elevator can be hard to find at first. Once you know where it is the parking is tremendous with easy access to the Jockey Club and to the Cosmopolitan. Literally, there is a private elevator entrance to the casino.
One thing I have always enjoyed is the tremendous amount of space in the Jockey Club suites. It is liek having an apartment on the Strip! It is terrific to be able to bring leftovers home from restaurants and put them in the refrigerator, as well as being able to stop at the local grocery store and grab a case of water and some snacks. I have never really cooked a big meal in Vegas, but you could with the kitchen. There are grills available on the pool deck, too, if you want to barbeque. The suites are being renovated now and the newly renovated rooms include flat screen TVs and new room decor and lighting. There is brand new furniture and all the updates are terrific. I have been in some of the hotel rooms at some of the nicer hotels and cannot believe people pay more than I do for a room a quarter of the size with none of the amenities.
The location simply cannot be beat. As I mentioned, there is a direct connection to the Cosmopolitan. The Bellagio is next door, Planet Hollywood and Paris are across the street, and all 3 are within a 5 minute walk. City Center and Mote Carlo are to the south of the Cosmo and Caesars, Bally's, and Flamingo are to the north, all about a 10 minute walk. MGM, Excalibur, New York New York, Mirage, and a number of other casinos are also within walking distance.
There is the possibility of having a wall view when staying at the Jockey Club due to the Cosmopolitan being directly next door. I believe these are the last suites they staff fills. I had a wall view just last week when I was there. It can be an issue with some people, but you also have to remember the value that goes along with the price and features offered. If it is a huge concern, ask yourself how important the view really is for you and how much time you will spend in the room looking out the window. If it is still an issue, it is probably best to look somewhere else for a room.
There are a few other features of staying at the Jockey Club:
* They have computers downstairs for use by any guests. I used the computer to print my boarding pass last trip. WiFi is available throughout and in the suites.
* There is a hospitality suite where there are books, games, and DVDs to check out at no charge. They even have a popcorn machine for a night in with a movie. I have (on longer trips) decided to spend a night in to recharge my batteries and the DVDs are a nice feature.
* There is a pool, fitness room, sauna, and whirlpool. The pool is shadowed by the Cosmopolitan, but the whirlpool is indoors. The fitness center is pretty good with 8-10 machines and a few cardio machines.
* A limited number of passes to the Cosmopolitan pool are available by request at the front desk.
* There is a shuttle to the local grocery store, but I have never used it and I do not know the schedule.
There is the potential for time share guys to make offers to you, but a firm but polite "no" usually does the trick. If you do not want to participate there is no reason you have to do so. I do nto believe Jockey Club suites are still being sold, although I could be wrong.
Again, I just love staying at the Jockey Club when in Las Vegas, which is usually at least twice a year. For the value and amenities I will not stay anywhere else. I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone traveling to Las Vegas and wanting comfortable and affordable accommodations.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Jockey Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jockey Hotel Las Vegas
- Jockey Club In Las Vegas
- Jockey Club Las Vegas Nv
- Las Vegas Jockey Club
- Jockey Club Hotel Las Vegas
- Jockey Las Vegas
- Jockey Club Vegas
- The Jockey Club Las Vegas