“Great staff, average hotel, a little to far from the strip to walk.”

Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - East Flamingo
Ranked #141 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great staff, average hotel, a little to far from the strip to walk.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The title sums it up nicely.

The staff is what put my stay over the top.

They were very accommodating and helpful. They even found me a place to check my bags after check out so I could wander around and sight see before my flight. I don't think that was standard operating procedure, but they made it happen and I commend them for it.

Room Tip: Only a $10-$15 cab ride to the strip.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kevinkatz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

"Hotels" seem to be having a hard time with the basics lately. Like, for example, not selling a room as "non-smoking" when it's obviously been chain-smoked in. A sign on the table calling it non-smoking does not make it so. As I can't tolerate smoke, they did agree to move me to a different non-smoking room that only lightly smelled of smoke. "Well, people break the rules, and we can't stop them," a front desk employee informed me. Yes, people break rules, but then large charges usually appear on their credit cards, and the room is properly treated to remove the smoke, or not further sold as "non-smoking."

But, that was just my first impression. The hotel looks decent on the outside, and is across from a good diner and Olive Garden. Inside, the carpet is terribly stained, dirty beyond belief, and loose in some areas creating tripping hazards. Carpet in both rooms I looked at wasn't much better.

Otherwise, the room was adequate, relatively clean, spacious, and the AC worked. The pool was also small but relatively clean and refreshing. Of course, the "free internet" has strings (video ads), the "free breakfast" very basic (but available, and appreciated), and a remote control for the non-existent DVD player was a nice touch.

While I sound rather sour on this property, I was here for 3 nights, and didn't feel unsafe, or like I'd wake up to any new diseases. Not having room service for my stay was disappointing (I'd booked through an opaque site, so did not know about this in advance,) but the front desk did supply extra towels when I asked. Also, the front desk is not open 24 hours, but there was someone to check me in late.

I suppose I'd stay here again, particularly for the price I paid, but some minor touches (clean carpet) and slightly thicker towels, as well as a bit more attention to detail (the missing DVD player), and an attempt to filter the smoke smell out of the hallways would really bring this to the next level, or perhaps even to the 2.5 stars it was billed as...

Room Tip: Make sure to check the room to make sure that non-smoking really is, and wear a mask in the hallways...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Geof G
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - East Flamingo, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hi Geof,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to you feeling safe and the value you received are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that your comments regarding your room and the public areas. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is being retrained on how to properly attend to a room that a previous guest has smoked in as well as room inspection procedures to make sure nothing is overlooked. The staff and I appreciate your genuine comments and suggestions, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lmd@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience!

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Brooklyn
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

They have long leases with poor people. This place attracts cons. Its unsecured and doesn't have any surveillance camreas on the floors. The rooms are old and not clean. The carpet is full of cigarettes burns

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank nfogel72
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - East Flamingo, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know, our guests include people that are traveling for business and for leisure as well as for long or short term stays. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that they do not include homeless people or anyone who is up to illegal activity as we do not condone this type of behavior. As well, since guest safety is a big priority for our hotel, I want you to know that our staff is trained in security techniques and how to handle many different types of situations. Still, I will work with them to ensure we work harder to provide this for all of our guests in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at lmd@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We only stayed for a quick overnight, but the staff was very informative about the surrounding area and they were friendly. Used it for transition from a road trip to the airport the next morning - it suited our needs. If you do not want to stay on the strip and would like to go to a hotel that does not have any slot machines I would strongly recommend this property for a short or longer term stay. It is nothing fancy - especially good if you have more than 4 in your family, which can be a problem in Vegas...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jade G
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed for several weeks at the Extended Stay on E. Famingo Road. It was just off the strip (just over a mile) and close to UNLV. The room was a nice size, with a kitchen & accessories. The room needed some updating, but while I was there renovations were happening at the hotel, including new equipment in the exercise room. The staff was the biggest plus for staying. They were just great and service oriented. Every request was followed up on in a curteous and timely manner. I felt safe at the hotel, but the area around the hotel was urban and not a resort area, so be vigilant.
Ken

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 472KenW
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - East Flamingo, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for the great service they provided during your stay. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. For further questions and concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

the price was pretty good for a nice hotel room. the room is very clean, organized. guests enjoy the comfort and convenience of own home. the staff is very friendly. the location is not far from the strip at all. taxis will only take 5 minutes to any attractions of the strip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - East Flamingo, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel. We are ecstatic that we were able to provide a clean and comfortable room during your stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
NY
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Not on the strip and NO resort fees - just needed a night before heading out to the Grand Canyon. Came in at 12M and was greeted by Darius. Extremely helpful. Room was comfortable. Quick breakfast was appreciated. Check out was efficient. Friendly staff.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EmTeeNesters
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - East Flamingo, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Darius, myself and the rest of the staff are extremely pleased to know that you found the guest room to be comfortable and had a moment to sample our delicious, grab and go breakfast. It was wonderful having you visit and we hope you had a fun time at the Grand Canyon!