“BEST HOTEL IVE EVER STAYED AT!”

Best Western Plus Las Vegas West
Ranked #57 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Me and my gf decided to stay at this hotel for a few days and it was the best decision we could of made for our trip. Hotel was clean, front desk was very polite and professional. The pool and spa is open 24 hours and we loved it! We would deffinitely come back and stay at this hotel again.

4  Thank Joseph1900
Erica H, Manager at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all your kind words, and look forward to your many future stays with us.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I came to the Best Western with my mom from Colorado to stay for a week while I had surgery. The manager was so sweet and accommodating and offered a great rate to stay for the week. We had a king suite with kitchen and were so happy to be able to cook at home while I recovered. The front desk staff was always very kind and the cleaning staff were very very sweet!! The breakfast buffet was tasty and highly recommend. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LovingLife328
Erica H, Manager at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! It was a pleasure having you here with us while you recovered from you surgery. I will pass all your kind words on to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is fine and the pool is great. My main concern is that the key card readers do not read the keys very well. In a three night stay, I had to have the keys recoded 5 times. It was very frustrating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Erica H, Manager at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear overall you enjoyed your stay and the pool. The key card magnetic strips on our room keys are very sensitive and will demagnetize if left next to anything such as keys, cell phones etc.. this is something we try to make aware to all our guests to avoid having to re-key multiple times. Once again I want to thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Will stay here again. Breakfast was awsome. Staff was great. Location is perfect. Rooms very clean. Loved the indoor pool.
Liked it was not to far from they strip. But not to close. And it was very quite.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure having you and your family at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the pool! We really hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our check in and check out left a lot to be desired: Young man couldn't find our reservations and then gave us a queen instead of the king we reserved. At check out we couldn't find anyone to give us a receipt and had to rush off to the airport. We got our room changed to the king by a very helpful front desk the next morning. Would recommend staying in a king suite room as it has lots of room and better set up than the queen room. The queen room was cramped and the heater/air machine was NOISY!! The ladies at the front counter were pleasant and helpful. The gentlemen working weren't. The breakfast was varied and fresh, lots to choose from. We would have appreciated an elevator, but it is only a two story hotel. There's an Outback in the same parking lot and a Burger King right next door. Room was clean, but the beds were hard. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a king suite for more room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NemsMom

The staff and I would like to thank you for all of your feedback. It is unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations upon checking in, but satisfying to know that the staff here was able to accommodate and upgrade you for the inconvenience. Our hotel here has a variety of different room types from single queens to whirl pool king suites, which gives each guest the opportunity to choose which room is right for them. On behalf of the staff here at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West we would like to thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of the close location to the ice rink. The carpets in the rooms are so dirty and our bath tub was dirty. After the first night I noticed that they had double billed me for my room. I went to the front desk and the lady at the counter said that she could not help me and that she would have to ask her manager. She then said that her manager would never answer her phone before 9:00 am so I would have to wait. Later that evening I went back to the counter and asked the man working about the bill (the same man who checked us in) he said that we were not double billed but that they had changed their policy the day we checked in and that they hold $165 until we check out just in case "we trash our room" I asked why he did not tell me he was going to do that and he told me that I should have read the fine print through Expedia because they can do whatever they want. I've stayed at many hotels in my life time (much nicer than the Best Western at that) and have NEVER had my card charged like that! I've also never been treated with such disrespect at a hotel. When I told him that I would never stay at their hotel again and that I would be writing a review he just smerked and said ok. What a joke!

6  Thank anmdj

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. It is regrettable that your experience here was unpleasant. It is industry standard that all guests who stay with the hotel whether it is a prepaid reservation or not, provide a credit card which is authorized by the hotel for incidental purposes. Once a guests checks out ot the property these authorizations are reversed. Policies and authorization amounts do vary based on hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on trip advisor.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Overall this was a nice hotel. I really liked the price. The bed was a little too firm but the room was clean, although small. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful. The main complaint was no elevator. This was not a problem for me as I only had a carry on but if I had been there with family with more luggage it would have been a problem. The exercise room is also very small.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review about our hotel. Although the beds did not meet your expectations, It is very satisfying to hear you enjoyed the quality, and service of the hotel. This hotel is currently working on having an elevator installed to continue to exceed the expectations of all our guests. Our staff here appreciates you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.