“Not as good as before”

Ranked #58 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sandy, Utah
“Not as good as before”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I looked forward to staying here again. My first experience was great. This time, not so much. My room was on the first floor, which seemed like the basement. Once I closed the drapes, I didn't care. However, the bathroom had a sewer back up smell, which seemed to lessen after time. I must have gotten used to it. I called the desk and after 3 hours I called back when the coffee maker leaked all over the bathroom. I did notice that the pot was Mr. Coffee and the unit was Sunbeam. I guess they don't work together. So much for the housekeeping staff's attention to detail. The bed was a little hard, but comfortable. The shower was fine and the wireless internet was fine. I didn't eat the breakfast, so I can't comment.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Erica H, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate the feedback. We apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, as much as it did on your previous stay. We also apologize for the issues you encountered during it. We have recognized the problems to the staff and have since taken care of them. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If in any way I can be of assistance for your future stays with us, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly at erica@finehospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Rude staff
Dirty rooms (lazy cleaning service)
Soggy breakfast
Bugs (roaches)

Overall, it was a very uncomfortable stay. I will never ever again go or stay at a Best Western due to this experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Travlr2011
I am very sorry that your experience was disappointing when you stayed with us, this is truly regrettable. I have reviewed your comments with the staff and we have taken this feedback very seriously . On behalf of the staff and I, I can assure you we have taken the correct actions to prevent any such issues from reoccurring towards any future guest here at Best Western Plus . Once again I am very empathetic , and appreciate the feedback from your experience. Thank You
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have had the pleasure of spending an " extended time", at this hotel. I have found that the customer service, from each department to be " the number one focus". This team really goes out of their way, to do the best they can to make each guest feel special and accomadate the needs of the individual. I appreciate the positive energy, and people going out of their way to smile. Of course breakfast is wonderful, and the best part is you can smell it coming down the hall each morning " bright and early". The room features a flat screen TV and the free wireless internet is a wonderful bonus.

Even when the hotel is " full", the team never seems stressed and always eager to stop what they are doing and assist with any request. As others have mentioned it is a peaceful and quiet place to relax, or be able to concentrate and focus. The rooms are extremely quiet even when people out in the hall, and the team does a great job of requesting guests do thier best to respect others when they walk down the hall.

During the course of our stay, we have seen many wonderful people come and go, and it has been a wonderful place for myself and my son during our transition. Thank you to all at BW Sahara for being so wonderful to us !!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Erica H, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
On behalf of the staff here at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West we want to thank you for your wonderful feedback. Customer Service is very important to us and we will continue to strive to make it our top priority for all guest who choose us as their first choice for hotel accommodations. We look forward to having you for all of your future stays here at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this review during my stay so everything is fresh in my mind.

First the location is awesome. Away from the strip and quiet.

The room is okay. Nice furniture, good layout, overall very comfy looking. When we first arrived we noticed that the top of the stove was "on." Not sure if it's broken or faulty but all of the eyelets were off but the "top" light remains on.

The bathroom smells of old plumbing. Almost as if there was a leak and now theres rusting somewhere.

Both of those things...not really a big deal. The big deal??? The flooring! It's dark carpet so you can't tell but walk on the floor barefoot and your feet will be BLACK in an hour. This was especially concerning since we have our toddler and infant with us. I can't help my toddler running around on the floor. I just keep washing his feet. I will not let my infant anywhere near that floor. It obviously hasn't been cleaned in quite some time.

I took two wipes to wipe down my feet before getting in bed and it looked like I had just worked on my car.

Needless to say we will be looking for alternate places to stay during our next trip to Vegas. For now, we'll have to endure the carpet a little longer since we head home on Friday night. :/

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank jvbush1017
Erica H, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We strive to give exceptional service to all guest who choose to stay with usl. Your feedback is much appreciated! All issues will be addressed and taken seriously to make positive changes for the hotel, as well as to prevent any issues for future guest. Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. In the future please consider giving us the oppurtunity to show you how wonderful it can be here Best Western Plus Las Vegas West!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had a great stay here and would stay again if ever in Nevada. Fantastic location and easy access to shopping and main roads.

• Stayed March 2012
Erica H, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
On behalf of the team here at Best Western Plus Las Vegas West, we thank you for your feedback. We definetly look forward to your stay with us again on your next trip to Vegas!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

TripAdvisor has revealed another hidden treasure. It is Best Western PLUS. Booked on BW’s early for approx. $57/nite rate. We arrived very early and the hotel was full. We were told to come back closer to the 3pm check-in. We left and went exploring on the west side. Much to our surprise there is plenty to see at a very relaxing pace. We traveled a short distance to Red Canyon and the surrounding ranches. This should be on everyone’s to-do list while staying in Las Vegas and if you have your own transportation. We did not actually go into the canyon itself but we will do so on another visit. We also checked out the gardens at Ethel M. Chocolate Factory. This provided a peaceful and relaxing stroll which is highly recommended. After driving most of the day and tired, we returned to the hotel earlier than the 3pm hour.

You enter the hotel on the second floor. The registrar checked to see if our room was available and it was. Our room was reserved for physically challenged individuals as I am going through mobility issues at the current time. The room was well-suited for the needs of such, it was on the second floor. Please note that there are floors above and below accessible by stairs only. The room had a king bed with microwave and small refrigerator. The bathroom was well equipped. It took a try or two to get used to the shower which is sloped down and in but after the first morning one can get accustomed to how it works without getting much water on the floor!

The room has a unique temperature control feature. You place your room key into the slot at the door and that give you the authorization to change the temperature in the room. This way when you leave the air con or the heat shuts off. It will come on again when you return and insert your key. Of course, if you have two keys, you could leave the one in the slot and go with just your one key, if you wanted to make sure the temperature in your room was comfortable upon your return.

Complimentary breakfast each morning would either be bacon and eggs, hash browns or sausage and eggs biscuits and gravy, pastry, muffins, bread, waffles, fruit, 3 choices cold and 1 hot cereal, yogurt, tea, cocoa, and juices. You can watch TV in the breakfast room. It was never too crowded, we were always able to find a seat.

The location is superb. If you didn’t know you were at BW you would not enter this location. It sits far behind Outback Steakhouse and Burger King sharing a parking lot with a upscale business complex. It also sits across the street from an upscale gated community. It is relatively quiet inside and out. This was my first introduction to the Summerlin area of Las Vegas. For the first time, I felt truly relaxed in a bustling city. It was very refreshing to go in and come out into a place like this.

Another plus – the back of your key card has discounts at different shops and restaurants. Each key is not the same so check before dining out. You may be in the same destination as your discount card!

Our next visit to Las Vegas will definitely be here!

Room Tip: Just ask for a room on the second floor or ground level.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gstabc
Andrea M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
My team and I would like to thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it. As you mentioned, there are plenty of outdoor activities here on the west side of town, next time you are in town please make sure that you visit Mount Charleston. It’s a gorgeous place full of nature. We hope we see you soon!
Culver City, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

This place was great. They worked really hard to help me find my wallet when I lost it (after houeskeeping helped us tear the room apart, a staffer found it in the lobby and called us right away!), the pool was well-maintained and clean, the staff people were universally classy and nice (I especially liked the lady who maintained the continental breakfast) and it was just a good deal all aroudn!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer A
Andrea M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Jennifer,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure having you and your family at our hotel. We really hope to see you soon!

Andrea Moeller