“I was expecting less...”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #122 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Battle Creek, Michigan
“I was expecting less...”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I was expecting less that what I actually got. I stayed from Aug. 23 through Aug. 28 This was my first visit to Las Vegas, so I was referred here by my travel agent. I read all the reviews on here before I went, so I was a little scared of what awaited me. I arrived at 10 pm. There were 3 clerks running the check in counter. Had no wait at all. I did not get a Go room. My room was what I was expecting, a place to sleep. There were huge cracks in my windows, and the Donny and Marie sign made taking pictures out of my windows impossible. Great view thought!! I had wonderful service at all the restaurants and bars. It was a great starting point for all my sightseeing. There was the Tram stop in the back, and the Duece stop in front. Overall, I had a great experience here at the Flamingo and I would definitly stay here again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank raider1970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,891)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Stayed at the Flamingo a couple of other times and was satisfied. This time, because of the room we were assigned was a bummer. Grant you, we arrived early and we were able to go up earlier than check-in time. We were told that the room has been cleaned. Entering the room was a shock. The carpeting was full of stains including blood stains. lLamp shades, dirtier than all heck. Hairs all over the place. Crack glass pictures etc. etc. Asked for another room. a bit better but still disgusting...could not sit in the chair they provided. It was so dirty and dingy looking we were afraid to sit on it. Carpets looked as if they never were cleaned. I talked to other folks who upgraded there room and they were satisfied. However, I didn't need plasma tv etc. etc. All we wanted was clean, even the bottom sheets were stained in the 1st room. We also had problems when checking in. Clerk asked for a credit card, we gave one and it was declined. This happened on 3 different charge cards. We could not figure this out. Only to find out that the clerk overshot our limit on our cards. They put through an amount that we never charged yet. In fact, we never charged anything. I never heard of such a thing, you don't get charged for things you did not purchase. The one good thing I have to say is that the buffet and other restaurant food was excellent. My suggestion to you would be to ask to see the room 1st, although they won't let you do that according to a guest who tried to upgrade their room.

1 Thank deedonBuffalo

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2009

HOTEL -We stayed in a go suite on the third floor, beautiful. Wall to wall windows overlooked the strip. We could see the Belagio fountians while in bed! 2 sinks in the bathroom with TV's in the mirrors , fridge, nice TV and sound system, comfy bed , couch and coffee table, great housekeeping. Sooo much fun, splurge, go for the go suite. The pool is also fun.

FUN- We used the half priced ticket booth which is right outside to the left at BIlls. Here is how it works. On the first day you have to stand in line for about one hour to get half price tickets. If you go back the next day and bring your stubs from the night before, you get to be in a VIP line, this means you get your tickets for that night right away. We went to a show every night. One night Beatles Tribute, one night Rat pack down town, one night a comedian in the flamingo, all shows were great. Also, for free , go see big elvis at bills, he is great and pitchers of beer for four dollars!

OTHER- If you want a store with snacks and beer, exit the flaming out the back , near the hilton and walk to the curb. If you want a light meal, food court , exit hotel on the strip side and go to the first casino on the right, burger king, sub way etc.... I am always on a diet , eat only salad or veggie burgers, so am no help with where to eat.

OVER ALL- The flamingo is the center of the strip. you can get to anywhere from there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank plpl
Ohio
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We picked the Flamingo because it was right in the middle of the LV strip and we all had a great time. Our room and bathroom were clean and well taken care of by the maids. The staff at check in , the box office, Bugsys Cabaret ,the buffet ,the casino and the sports book were all friendly and polite. We got there early for check in and had no problems, checked right in and started our vacation on a good note. The only negative I can think of was the carpet in the room and hallway was well worn. The "GO" pool area was very nice, didn't use the pool though, just enjoy the sun.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank RouletteRed27
kentucky
Reviewed August 28, 2009

This was our first time to vegas and we had a great time of course. The hotel was awesome and we had no problems. My wife and I would definitely stay there again. My aunt and uncle went with us and they have stayed in a different hotel every time they have visited. They were very pleased with their stay and also would stay again. I would recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank pizzal
va bch
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I was short sheeted, there was mold in the bathroom, and the staff was extememly unfriendly. the place summed up...It's a dump!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank hotoapache
chicago, il
Reviewed August 27, 2009

The Flamingo Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas is part of true Vegas history and during this trip; its age really has shown. We LOVE Vegas & everything about it! Center strip, like at the Flamingo, with all the action is the place to be. This was our first stay at this particular Harrah's property and will probably be our last. To be fair here are some pros & cons...

Good Points:
Location - center stage
Go Rooms - clean, updated and comfy
Pool - beautiful landscaping and very cool

Bad Points:
Filthy, filthy & filthy - from the elevators (which don't appear to have been cleaned in forever) to the disgusting pool deck & grounds (that were slimy and littered with cigarette butts) it was a shame to see this once beautiful hotel slip a few notches. (Personally I think there was not enough staff to keep up with the demand.)

Check in fees - be prepared to give a $100 per day hold on your credit card at check in for hotel incidentals (room service, pool bar charges, gift shop / restaurant charges, internet, etc). I know of no other hotel that does this. CRAZY!

Not enough pool chairs - a million hotel rooms and 100 pool chairs? If you are not down at the pool claiming your chair at 8am, then just forget it.

Cliental - times are tough for everyone now-a-days....absolutely....but this is Vegas! A tourist hot spot and it is sad to see that this once glitzy, clean, high end town seems to be more focused on quantity and not quality anymore. What I mean is give free hotel nights to anyone and everyone and not be selective, just to get people in the door. When you do that you attract a less then stellar crowd of riff-raff (super young drunk kids throwing up, passing out and fighting in or around the hotel) which is so not what I want to be around on my vacation.

Side note: We were also a little irritated at check in (which was 11pm on a Wed night by the way) because our room was not ready. Ok - we were told to return in 1 hour. We returned at 1:30am and were given keys to a room that apparently someone had just checked out of and was not cleaned (half eaten apple on the desk, garbage in the bathroom and dirty towels on the floor). Immediately I called the front desk and they sent housekeeping, who promptly took care of the problem....but still!! Are you kidding me? How does this happen?

We don't need to stay at Wynn or Palazzo to enjoy ourselves, but will think twice before staying at The Flamingo or any other Harrah's owned property with our next trip to Vegas. Maybe off the strip or at one of the ends is now "the place to be".

Vegas rocks but this hotel just didn't hold up its end of the bargain.

4 Thank mal6573